Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Official Fast Lane Topic
04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Re: Official Fast Lane Topic
The Volcano plan is a good idea, but I don't really agree with putting FP on too many medium rides like Waveswinger/Bumper cars. Especially since the lines for those rides never gets really long anyway.

I do think the park should stick to FP on major rides and leave medium rides FP-free like most parks do. Instead of having swings and bumper cars, they should stick it on Rapids and Crypt instead.

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the FastLane idea, but I am in agreement that FL is not necessary on medium rides. With KD being my home park AND I'm a season passholder anyway, I probably only use FL on extremely busy days.

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2012, 03:11 PM
As I said on TPR...

I personally think all these new rides on the Fast Lane are an advantage because they can market them to families as well as thrill seekers. Plus, this will spread out the Fast Lane users on 15 rides instead of 10. And so what if they only skip a 10-15 minute line? They are still getting what they paid for by front of the access line on those 15 rides. I believe the park is just adding the attractions that it is easy to add a Fast Lane entrance to on the list. Maybe if Fast Lane is a success this season, we will see more Fast Lane entrances built this offseason for some of the rides like The Crypt, WWC, Rebel Yell, Anaconda, Grizzly, and Shockwave. They probably don't want to clog up there narrow exit ramps with Fast Lane users.
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
One of the worst ideas they could have ever made it creates a class of guests you have first class that can can skipp all the lines and laugh in your face haha we wait 2min while you wait 2hrs its a bad idea sure $50 isnt as much as the $120 flash pass but now everyone is going to have ha hard time making groups just like when you get stuck in a child swap its not easy now you have a flash pass of 7 people messing up a system that disney has very well figured out hopefully they do it right when they add a 3rd load station to Volcano. Overall A Good For Business Idea.Bad For Guest Scheme

BIZARRO #1
07-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Homeboy23 From Theme Park Review Wrote:For all new systems, there comes fine tuning and it seems Kings Dominion has changed Fast Lane again and in a very good way. I can't say nothing about the limit of rides on Volcano (I can assume it is now unlimited like the rest of the rides, though). You may now wait for the front as the Fast Lane is no longer through the exit, it now merges with the line.

I was there last night and they now have Fast Lane through the gift shop and to the left of the exit is stairs to the main queue, you walk by the lifeguard chair and before you enter the Volcano there is now an employee holding the main line. And by doing this they are now only allowing around 20-25 people in at a time so you no longer have to be in that congested ramp!

I'm so glad to hear this. I've seen management over at Volcano talking to Fast Lane employees twice this season and it was rumored that they were looking for a solution. This is great news and I'm glad KD fixed the only issue there was with Fast Lane in the park.
07-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I got to go through Volcano's new line scheme! It works really, really well! It kind of reminds me Backlot's line!

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
07-18-2012, 06:56 AM
So guys... I'm going for my every-other year trip to KD on Sunday, do you think I would need Fast Lane for me, my sister (who has never been on the 54" rides), and my dad (who has never been). Will I need it for my trip or should I pass?

http://i.minus.com/iwyTHQY5JWEpB.gif
Coaster Count: 111
Favorite Steel: Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion)
Favorite Woodie: Lightning Racer (Hersheypark)
07-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I squealed like a little girl when I saw they're now doing fast lane passes. I've been wanting this for a while now Big Grin I fully intend to spend the extra $55/$60 Big Grin

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
07-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Okay, I'm going to Kings Dominion tomorrow, and I'm getting Fast Lane. Is it better to pre-purchase Fast Lane online with your tickets, or to purchase it at the park?

07-23-2012, 12:10 AM
sixflgsfan12 Wrote:Okay, I'm going to Kings Dominion tomorrow, and I'm getting Fast Lane. Is it better to pre-purchase Fast Lane online with your tickets, or to purchase it at the park?
Wow for a weekday? I would check out the crowds first but I guess that's up to you. I went last Thursday and we walked onto almost everything. A few things we even stayed on b/c there was no line.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-23-2012, 07:56 AM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
sixflgsfan12 Wrote:Okay, I'm going to Kings Dominion tomorrow, and I'm getting Fast Lane. Is it better to pre-purchase Fast Lane online with your tickets, or to purchase it at the park?
Wow for a weekday? I would check out the crowds first but I guess that's up to you. I went last Thursday and we walked onto almost everything. A few things we even stayed on b/c there was no line.
My friend is paranoid about lines :roll:

07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
sixflgsfan12 Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
My friend is paranoid about lines :roll:
I guess spend it if you've got the money...

I Have No Homeboy.
08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
xTHE EDG3x Wrote:One of the worst ideas they could have ever made it creates a class of guests you have first class that can can skipp all the lines and laugh in your face haha we wait 2min while you wait 2hrs its a bad idea sure $50 isnt as much as the $120 flash pass but now everyone is going to have ha hard time making groups just like when you get stuck in a child swap its not easy now you have a flash pass of 7 people messing up a system that disney has very well figured out hopefully they do it right when they add a 3rd load station to Volcano. Overall A Good For Business Idea.Bad For Guest Scheme

Normally, I'd agree. Last Saturday, I got Fast Lane with a group of about 7 people. It was probably the only time all year that all of the others would be in the park, and some could only stay for a few hours. Fast Lane did turn out to be a great value for them because they were still able to have a good day in the park despite a lack of time. That said, I still don't think the average season pass holder who comes to the park 5-10 times a year should be getting it. That seems like a disservice to the other guests.

We also were really surprised/disappointed that White Water Canyon, with its regular line backed up almost to the Log Flume entrance on Saturday, didn't have Fast Lane. A couple of people who had gotten Fast Lane waited in it with a few people who didn't out of pity for them. It's KD's first year with the program, so hopefully they'll continue to figure out what works best for it and make some changes to it for next year.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
08-24-2012, 08:17 AM
I believe that as time goes on and depending on which park you go to i think the price will increase....

BIZARRO #1
08-11-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Official Fast Lane Topic
Has anyone noticed this but me? If you go on the KD website and look at Fast Lane, you will see that the Fast Lane plus is not on there anymore. Did KD get rid of Fast Lane Plus? Or can you only buy it at the park?