Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Dominator Topic
07-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Re: Official Dominator Topic
RebelYell085 Wrote:It is sad to hear this. Why did they show Intimidator in the video when it happend on Dominator?
Because to news crews all the big coasters look alike I guess. I noticed that too.

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 01:00 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
RebelYell085 Wrote:It is sad to hear this. Why did they show Intimidator in the video when it happend on Dominator?
Because to news crews all the big coasters look alike I guess. I noticed that too.

probably because they had stock footage lying around of i305 from their stories on when it opened, and they didn't happen to have any on dominator.
07-31-2012, 10:16 PM
greenspanDan Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:

probably because they had stock footage lying around of i305 from their stories on when it opened, and they didn't happen to have any on dominator.
You'd think they would have had footage of when Dominator opened. It was just 4 years ago.

I Have No Homeboy.
08-02-2012, 06:52 PM
When I left KD this afternoon, there were was a train half-way up the hill, and one train on the mid-course brake run! I have no clue what was going on! Here's a pic on my FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb...=1&theater

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
08-03-2012, 09:11 PM
coasterdoood16 Wrote:When I left KD this afternoon, there were was a train half-way up the hill, and one train on the mid-course brake run! I have no clue what was going on! Here's a pic on my FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb...=1&theater

Looks like a run of the mill blocking issue to me,I sent ya a friend request just now.
08-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I saw that too as I was leaving. The ride was running earlier in the day, until it almost stormed. It is most likely a typical breakdown. I figured it was nothing to worry about.
08-22-2012, 08:37 AM
One train halfway up the lift and one entering the MCBR? Holy moley, crazy operations!

http://i.minus.com/iwyTHQY5JWEpB.gif
Coaster Count: 111
Favorite Steel: Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion)
Favorite Woodie: Lightning Racer (Hersheypark)
09-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Big Grin

Attached File(s)
.jpg  dom1.JPG (Size: 62.02 KB / Downloads: 141)

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Before the changes made to I305 in my last visit to the park in 2010, this was my favorite coaster in the park. It's everything you expect of a b&m coaster = smooth ride and multiple inversions. I've been on Kraken in Sea World and even though that has 2 more inversions, I still prefer Dominator more because you feel the force on you. Kraken as good as it is, just felt too smooth and lacks a 'punch'.

I was sad to hear a person died on this ride, but was glad to know it wasn't because of the ride. On one of my days there I got 8 strait rides without getting off the train because it was a weekday and late in the afternoon [after 3pm]. The line was nonexistent and I also got 2 strait front row rides [without having to get off], it was just bliss that day. So in the span of that day in 1 hour I got 13 rides. Dominator is my favorite of the 2 floorless coasters and I'm so happy CF chose to send this ride over from Geuga lake.

I'm sorry to knock anyone here, but what's not to like about it? And yes I understand that it was plopped on top of a parking lot, but I think it looks just fine. It's the first coaster you see entering the parking lot and it just looks as intimidating as it does as if to welcome riders to the park.
09-06-2012, 10:55 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:I think the color scheme of Dominator is perfect. It is the park colors and looks great up there at the front welcoming guests. I even love the yellow loop! I hope they keep it the way it is...

Now Anaconda on the other hand, CHANGE THE COLOR SCHEME!
I agree. I love the orange colored tracks with the loop left yellow. It should not be changed.

P. Snoop Wrote:Braztaz, the people that stay in their seats aren't the problem. That's completely fine, that actually makes it easier to operate. What's annoying is the people who get up, get their stuff, and start to walk out, but then see an empty seat somewhere else and freak out, drop their stuff wherever, and try to get on when the restraints are locked already. That's what slows us down.
Good to know. I always stay in my seat and check my row to see if there are ppl there. If no one is there I just stay on till either someone is waiting or I need to take a breather.
I wished I got a ride op that used that line about the floor dropping. The ride ops I had didn't say a thing lol.

I don't find Dominator too rough. I love how light the mcbr is as it doesn't take off too much energy and I don't have any issues with keeping my arms up for the whole ride.
09-06-2012, 07:40 PM
FYI you can always edit your last post to avoid double posting.

I Have No Homeboy.