Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offical Volcano Topic
03-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Hey, paint is a big pet peeve for me and if someone goes to kd for the first time and sees that the rides are not painted, they could think the park does not keep on the maintenance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2010, 09:41 PM

I don't think Anaconda is being painted. Just my opinion.

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
03-13-2010, 09:42 PM

I think it is. Big Grin

I Have No Homeboy.
03-13-2010, 09:53 PM

I hope it is!!! I wish they would change the track color to BLACK though, they can keep the green supports!
03-14-2010, 10:37 AM

alex4hokies Wrote:I hope it is!!! I wish they would change the track color to BLACK though, they can keep the green supports!

That would be cool! Maybe I'm just liking the idea of a black coaster haha.

I Have No Homeboy.
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM

Black would be pretty interesting. I think they'll keep the current color scheme though.

You never know though, I for one couldn't believe it when Six Flags Magic Mountain decided to deviate from the tradition Batman The Ride black or yellow color scheme by going with blue! I think it looks nice, but doesn't really remind me of Batman himself.

Site Moderator for Great Adventure Online, the world's LARGEST Great Adventure fan-site!
http://www.gadv.com/forums/
Become a Member Today!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2010, 08:35 PM

^Yeah, It's something different though. I really hope that KD gets a little creative with its repainting ideas. Anaconda would look awesome with Black track with Orange supports.

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
04-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Re:
alex4hokies Wrote:If they repaint Anaconda and Volcano the same year they get Intimidator 305 you can tell the park is working to get the Congo in the best shape its been in a long time. I imagine if both of the coasters are painted the Congo won't be touched for a while. I believe the parks next focus would be the Grove by trying to paint the stores, food places, and the rides. I could see Shockwave and either Rebel Yell or Ricochet getting painted next year. I could also see the Grove getting some TLC where XLC used to be, flat ride anyone? 2012 will be a WaterWorks expansion (5 years since the previous one in 2007), and 2013 will be the next coaster (behind KD Theater to the left of White Water Canyon?).
haha are you physic or something! you got that spot on of them repainting the grove.

edit:
Why isn't the quote working for me. well none of the hyperlinks are working
04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Re: Offical Volcano Topic
You can put lipstick on a pig(Shockwave) It still sucks! I don't care what the ride looks like,But how it rides! KD needs to fix what they already have!!!! Start with topper track on the woodies,Have Morgan come in and get rid of the butterfly on Anaconda.

Giga d Giga d Giga d goo
04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
supermanROS Wrote:You can put lipstick on a pig(Shockwave) It still sucks! I don't care what the ride looks like,But how it rides! KD needs to fix what they already have!!!! Start with topper track on the woodies,Have Morgan come in and get rid of the butterfly on Anaconda.

Anaconda just needs more comfortable restraints for the people who don't quite fit into the restraints right, which causes headbanging. I fit fine in the ride's restraints, and don't find it very rough at all!

Back on topic though... Sorry!
04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Can anyone tell me why they don't always fill the last 2 cars on Volcano trains? I mean with it only holding 16 people as it is, those 4 extra seats being empty really sucks. I got to the park at 11:00 on opening day and the line was already to the end of the queue line.

Every time I stand in line for Volcano I feel like one of the guests on Rollercoaster Tycoon constantly looking at my watch and my happiness meter slowly drains while my food and potty goes up !! :lol: But, man I love that coaster!

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
^I think it's to prevent rollbacks, because they're having troubles with the power of the launches....but I'm not sure.

2011 Visits: 8
i305: 35
Volcano: 9
Dominator: 6
Flight of Fear: 3
Rebel Yell: 8
Anaconda: 2
Hurler: 2
Backlot Stunt Coaster: 2
Ricochet: 4
Avalanche: 2
Grizzly: 5
Ghoster Coaster: 4
Shockwave: 0
04-04-2011, 08:55 PM
OMG! I love the rollbacks! I wish I could be on one! I was randomly walking through the VOLCANO sign by the crypt last year and saw it! I thought that was pretty cool! xD

[Image: userbar755064.gif]
04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
what ever happened to the fire effect when riders were launched out. I never seem to see it anymore.
04-16-2011, 05:57 AM
The fire was working fine last weekend! It was even making UFOs... I mean smoke rings that were traveling towards 305. Probably went off every 15+ mins though...