Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offical Volcano Topic
04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Re: Offical Volcano Topic
alex4hokies Wrote:The fire was working fine last weekend! It was even making UFOs... I mean smoke rings that were traveling towards 305. Probably went off every 15+ mins though...

hmm i must never look at the right time. I feel like it went off every 2-3 launches back in the paramount days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2011, 03:34 AM
dominionboy Wrote:
alex4hokies Wrote:The fire was working fine last weekend! It was even making UFOs... I mean smoke rings that were traveling towards 305. Probably went off every 15+ mins though...

hmm i must never look at the right time. I feel like it went off every 2-3 launches back in the paramount days.
I have seen it working as well.
04-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I see they are still not filling the last row of seats on Volcano. I wonder if they have a plan for getting it back to full capacity. Only having 14 people on at a time instead of 16 will make the lines even longer, and Volcano already has the longest wait times in the park.
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
^ Well it was the last 2 rows earlier in the season, so atleast we gained one row back!
04-24-2011, 01:40 PM
When we looked inside of Volcano's line house there was no one in there but they were running full loads of trains, so we decided to go over to it because there barely was a line, but when we got over there, there was a guy standing in front of the entrance with 2 trash cans in the way not letting anyone in. It was around noon I want to say that this happened on 4/23/11. Anyone know what was going on if you were at the park yesterday?

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
04-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Coaster Lover Wrote:When we looked inside of Volcano's line house there was no one in there but they were running full loads of trains, so we decided to go over to it because there barely was a line, but when we got over there, there was a guy standing in front of the entrance with 2 trash cans in the way not letting anyone in. It was around noon I want to say that this happened on 4/23/11. Anyone know what was going on if you were at the park yesterday?

Sometimes, (I know they do this on other coasters but not sure on Volcano) they clear the line out before they shut down the ride for maintenance.

2011 Visits: 8
i305: 35
Volcano: 9
Dominator: 6
Flight of Fear: 3
Rebel Yell: 8
Anaconda: 2
Hurler: 2
Backlot Stunt Coaster: 2
Ricochet: 4
Avalanche: 2
Grizzly: 5
Ghoster Coaster: 4
Shockwave: 0
04-24-2011, 05:16 PM
^that is what I was thinking. If the ride needed maintenance but it was not urgent, why not let everyone in line ride before closing.
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Is there still the announcement that says " please secure all loose articles........." with the cool accent
04-29-2011, 07:19 PM
beeyan15 Wrote:Is there still the announcement that says " please secure all loose articles........." with the cool accent

Yes, I heard it sunday, but it seems very rare that its played
05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Kyle Wrote:
beeyan15 Wrote:Is there still the announcement that says " please secure all loose articles........." with the cool accent

Yes, I heard it sunday, but it seems very rare that its played
It is the coolest announcement I have heard and glad that the park is playing it again Big Grin
05-04-2011, 07:40 AM
"...we are not responsible for THEM."
06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Among the many firsts yesterday, this was my first launch coaster. It was quite a sensation, I probably looked like footage of people in wind tunnels (don't remember the photo). One thing that bothered me about the ride was that I was tucking my legs under the train 'cause some of the supports seemed dangerously close, and I have long legs to boot. So the ride was pretty uncomfortable. As was waiting in by-far-the-longest line of the day (several times over), in 100-degree heat in both the blazing sun and in that claustrophobic mountain.

Didn't have time to ride it again, but next time I'll try to let my legs dangle. Losing a leg wouldn't bother me nearly as much as losing a finger, hand, or arm. Big Grin
06-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Ofecks Wrote:Among the many firsts yesterday, this was my first launch coaster. It was quite a sensation, I probably looked like footage of people in wind tunnels (don't remember the photo). One thing that bothered me about the ride was that I was tucking my legs under the train 'cause some of the supports seemed dangerously close, and I have long legs to boot. So the ride was pretty uncomfortable. As was waiting in by-far-the-longest line of the day (several times over), in 100-degree heat in both the blazing sun and in that claustrophobic mountain.

Didn't have time to ride it again, but next time I'll try to let my legs dangle. Losing a leg wouldn't bother me nearly as much as losing a finger, hand, or arm. Big Grin

They have dont plenty of tests to make sure it is impossible for you to lost a leg. The close encounters with the supports and mountain is part of the thrill
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
^ Exactly. You could be 8ft tall and i guarantee you still wouldn't be anywhere close to touching the supports. Its sort of a delusion, your eyes kinda trick you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iheartcoastersvids

check out my channel!!!!!
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
This video is awesome! It's a the news from 1997 when they were building Volcano! Smile
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?...8&comments

Intimidator 305 Count: 15