Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Site Forum
03-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Site Forum
Ladies and Gents,

It is not an easy decision to make, but I feel at this point a necessary one. The forum is currently closed until further notice.

For those of you who know me, you know my philosophy is simple. I am all for the freedoms we hold in the country. I believe if you have something to say, you should say it. I believe the more rules you have, the more freedoms you are taking away. With KDfansite it was hard, but found necessary to come up with rules to keep the site in a family friendly category. I also know that when these rules went in to place, the site went from fun to work.

I have stood by and watched as people complained every time a construction update was missed, a free service I did out of my own pocket. I have watched people argue over how cheap Cedar Fair is to not add a few extra feet to an already tall Giga coaster. I have watched you go back and forth personally insulting me, my friends, and the park I love. The final straw for me was when you attacked the Marketing staff for the job they are doing in keeping the coaster community happy.

Kings Dominion has jumped over hoops to keep us as informed as possible. They have set up events with ERT, charity events, and even a camp out at the front gate. They do all this for a group of people who not only make up less than 1 percent of the visitors to their park each year, but who are complaining every step of the way.

Today is one of the few days I am sad and embarrassed to be a coaster enthusiast. As a group all it seems we do is complain, bicker, and argue, and ask for more than we deserve.

I respect John, Ed, and the rest of the KD staff for what they have to do to open a coaster of this magnitude. I want to thank KD for everything they did this off season to keep everyone informed. They went way above and beyond the call of duty to please us.

As for all events that are hosted by KDfansite. As of right now there are no changes. They will go on as planed unless KD says otherwise.

The future of the forums is currently up in the air. I will talk with Brian, Lauren, Katie, and Nick about where we should go from here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2010, 11:56 AM

If you have any questions or concerns you can voice them by emailing me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:coasterclint@coastercrew.com">coasterclint@coastercrew.com</a><!-- e -->

You can also still use the PM feature on the site.
03-18-2010, 06:30 PM

I have re-opened the forums due to the public outcry in emails and PM's.

Please do not make me regret this decision.

Also be aware that we are adding new Mods to the fleet, and a warning and punishment system. All that will be public tomorrow. Tell then behave.
03-18-2010, 06:38 PM

Can I please be a MOD I am always on here and always check stuff! Please and Thank you Clint! Big Grin

Visit My Youtube Page...
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsDominionGuy
I305 ride count: 22
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Thank You, Clint!
Thank you for re-opening the forums! Whether or not I become a MOD, I'm going to try to help keep people in line!(BTW: I'm more than willing to become one if you want) I don't want you to regret this.

-TheI305Guy

I almost died on November 1st, when KD went into the off-season. Sad
03-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Re: Thank You, Clint!
TheI305Guy Wrote:Thank you for re-opening the forums! Whether or not I become a MOD, I'm going to try to help keep people in line!(BTW: I'm more than willing to become one if you want) I don't want you to regret this.

-TheI305Guy

Arnt you busy admining your own site? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kdfan.webs.com/">http://kdfan.webs.com/</a><!-- m -->
03-18-2010, 09:33 PM

I guess I'll just continue to help unofficially...

I Have No Homeboy.
03-18-2010, 09:53 PM

Thank you Clint
03-19-2010, 01:54 AM

Thank's for opening the forums back up!

WCC Founding Member
03-19-2010, 08:08 AM

I think this should be a good lesson to all of us. Mod or not, since we love this site, we need to remember to be respectful to the site and those on it. Let's all try to stay mature and respectful so we can continue to enjoy everything that Clint has done for us.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Clint, Rose, and the rest of KDfansite for all of your hard work. Let's keep in mind these folks volunteer their time to keep the rest of us updated. It's alot of hard work during their own free time, and I for one am greatful!
03-19-2010, 08:17 AM

Thanks Luckymom. I dont think you will have any trouble being good. lol
03-19-2010, 08:21 AM

Clint Novak Wrote:Thanks Luckymom. I dont think you will have any trouble being good. lol

:lol: Thanks Clint. I do read alot more than I post, so I should be okay. I really hope to meet some of you this year too! I won't make opening day, but have my pass and plan to spend alot of time at the park this year.
03-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Heyy
LuckyMom Wrote:
Clint Novak Wrote:Thanks Luckymom. I dont think you will have any trouble being good. lol

:lol: Thanks Clint. I do read alot more than I post, so I should be okay. I really hope to meet some of you this year too! I won't make opening day, but have my pass and plan to spend alot of time at the park this year.

I hope i can see many of you also this season.. I got this feeling that this year is going to be the best year... LETS GO INTIMIDATOR 305 8)

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]
03-19-2010, 09:16 AM

LuckyMom Wrote:I think this should be a good lesson to all of us. Mod or not, since we love this site, we need to remember to be respectful to the site and those on it. Let's all try to stay mature and respectful so we can continue to enjoy everything that Clint has done for us.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Clint, Rose, and the rest of KDfansite for all of your hard work. Let's keep in mind these folks volunteer their time to keep the rest of us updated. It's alot of hard work during their own free time, and I for one am greatful!

Very well said. I appreciate all that Clint and the rest of the staff do in their spare time to keep us updated and work with the park to host special events for us. I would hope that we all would appreciate that the park goes out of their way to do things for us, and to make it noted that kdfansite is listed on the park's official website as a place to research reference material, a privilege that the site has at the park's descretion, I am proud of that, and you guys should be to. I look forward to renewing my relationship with chatting with other fellow site members in the forums, its going to take time, and I look forward to what the future holds with the site. Thank you!

I am happy with life
03-19-2010, 09:20 AM

thanks for enduring the aggravation, clint. Smile