Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OVER-RATED RIDES
03-22-2010, 02:00 PM

KDCoasterMAN Wrote:I think this ride may turn out to be overrated though it looks pretty cool!

Channel has illegal POV

Alton Tower's Th13teen

I guess it all depends on how much fright is really produced from the dropping track element. From what I understand, not all of the effects were on for that media POV. Alton Towers hyped up TH13TEEN like crazy, so it really had better deliver!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2010, 02:47 PM

Grizzly is highly under-rated imo

2010 Apollos Chariot Ride Operator
03-22-2010, 02:57 PM

agreed ^

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2010, 04:12 PM

^^agreed.
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM

I agree that Grizzly is under rated
03-22-2010, 06:16 PM

we should probably screen shot this. 4 people on this site agreed on something! This a day in history here at kdfansite.com =)

My favorite underrated coaster, is The Hulk. I don't think that coaster gets as much credit as it deserves.

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2010, 02:12 PM

Overrated:
-XLC (Self Explanatory...R.I.P)
-Magnum (It wasn't all what it was talked up to be, maybe I was expecting too much out it)
-Hulk (The launch and first inversion was AWESOME, but after that--it was down hill from there, IMO)

Underrated:
-Mummy (Universal fl... I rode this about 5 when I was there--couldn't get enough of it... loved it from beginning to end!)
-Grizzly (kinda sorta, lol)
-Roar (Loved this coaster, but Im pretty sure its a lot rougher by now...its been some years since I've been to SFA)
-Wicked Twister(Doesn't get enough praise like it should)

03-24-2010, 11:31 AM

alex4hokies Wrote:^^agreed.

In my opinion, people on this particular website over-rate Rebel Yell. :o

Woodies can vary so much from one season to another that it can be hard to rate them. Rebel Yell South was worked on between 2008 and 2009, and in 2009 it was probably the best-running woodie in the park.

I agree: Grizzly is underrated, especially at night!

Also underrated: Wicked Twister @ CP, Montu (yes, I know it has a high Golden Ticket rating, but it is still an awesome invert!).
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM

I agree with that Rebel Yell is very underated!

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM

cygnusx1 Wrote:
KDCoasterMAN Wrote:I think this ride may turn out to be overrated though it looks pretty cool!

Channel has illegal POVs

Alton Tower's Th13teen

I guess it all depends on how much fright is really produced from the dropping track element. From what I understand, not all of the effects were on for that media POV. Alton Towers hyped up TH13TEEN like crazy, so it really had better deliver!

Looks pretty cool and unique... I bet its going to deliver big time at night in those woods.

03-25-2010, 01:58 AM

The Voyage at Holiday World. I first rode it in 2006...hopefully,the new Timberliner trains will make it a little smoother.
03-25-2010, 08:30 AM

I have to agree that millennium force is overrated. I rode in the front, in the middle, and in the back.... it's kinda cool to go that fast over the great lakes, but if the location was different it wouldn't be as special to me.

That Th13teen thing looks WAY overrated. It looks like a mediocre mine train ride with more moving parts to break. lol.

I completely disagree that ROAR is underrated... omg that thing caused me so much pain. ugh I hate riding it. I gave it a 2 out of 10 lol. I gave SOB a 1 lol.

[Image: rl_105377.jpg]
03-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Overratted: Millennium Force

Cool I drop 300 feet and go 90+ mph, but that's it. There really is nothing else to it.

Underrated:

Big Shot - Statosphere Tower Las Vegas

That thing is insane not only are you ALREADY on the highest building west of the Mississippi, but then this thing shoots you another 160 feet up at 45 MPH!!! I got off of that thing with shaky legs and everything. IN-FRIGGIN-SANE!!!
03-29-2010, 07:25 AM

I like Millennium Force. The first drop is by far the best. This alone makes my top ten list. However, MF is still overrated. I rode Diamondback last year on the same day as MF. The air time on DB is more forceful. There are 3 separate air time hills on MF. Diamondback has 9 that are more intense, IMO. I think DB has the best floater air than any other Steel Coaster I have ever been on including Intimidator at Carowinds and Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland.

Having said that Bizarro (Superman Ride of steel) at SFNE is still underrated even with all the awards.
03-31-2010, 07:10 PM

i think thirt3en is wayyy too over-rated.
Alton Towers put not that much stuff about this coaster and made it seem way scarier then it really is. The controversial age limit (which was not true) had people thinking it was a "pshyco-coaster". But the ride isnt really that mentally scary.