Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xtreme SkyFlyer Official Topic
03-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Xtreme SkyFlyer Official Topic
So I went through and noticed we don't have a topic for this ride. So here we go haha.

I personally love this ride. I've only ridden it a few times, but I really do love it.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM

It looks fun and crazy and great...

but honestly I am not paying 20-30 bucks to get on a pay per ride, especially not in this economy, I'd rather spend it on food at the park
Find all posts by this user
03-28-2010, 10:08 PM

^Well that would make sense if you've actually rode it before, but if you haven't, just do it once. Bring two other people with you, that lowers the cost.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
03-28-2010, 10:08 PM

I'm too a-scared to free fall.

I Have No Homeboy.
03-28-2010, 10:13 PM

BEST RIDE IN THE PARK!

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
03-28-2010, 10:27 PM

Cant remember the last time I rode it but it is amazing. cost a little much. Wish it was like KI's $5!

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
03-29-2010, 06:35 AM

I must say, this is one of the scariest rides I've ever ridden... Every time I ride and get off, my hands are always shacking. First time riding was in '95 then again a few years ago... I guess it gets scarier as your get older cause your nerves gets worse.. :lol:

03-29-2010, 09:22 AM

I must agree on select days throughout the summer I think they should do $5 rides for VIP Pass holders.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
03-29-2010, 01:12 PM

I LOVE this thing!!! Scared the CRAP out of me the one time I rode it. I wish it was cheaper. At least for passholders. It should cost about 20/15/12 bucks per flyer for 1, 2 or 3 flyers. I would probably ride it every time I go to the park if it cost this instead of once per year.

"Intimidator 305"
4/2/2010 - 5/9/2010
RIP... I was glad to have known you.
03-29-2010, 01:26 PM

friends and I got on this ride yesterday while at work a few times........it was so fun and alot of people should ride this ride. :lol:
08-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Re: Xtreme SkyFlyer Official Topic
I worked at the park the year this attraction opened. A friend of mine who also got a job there got us free tickets to ride it before the park opened. We went to help out cleaning up a newly renovated part of the park and then went over and got to ride.

It's worth mentioning that for my entire childhood and really up until about 2 months into the 96 season i was terrified of rollercoasters, flume rides, anything that dropped you. I refused to ride them and had only really ridden the Scooby Doo once or twice in my life until this point. Needless to say i was terrified the whole time, but it was a rush and i give it credit for nudging me ever closer to enjoying thrill rides. It wasn't until another friend of mine forced me to ride the Hurler that season (because i made her do the enclosed water slide) that i started warming up to... and eventually loving rollercoasters.

I've only been on the SkyFlyer twice, this one time and once with my dad and sister the same year. I haven't been able to justify the price since, but it's given me some good memories.
08-09-2010, 08:05 AM
My first and only time on Skyflyer was at the 2010 Big Bang Event. We got a discount on it and Jason bought me the ride for my birthday. It was me, Mike (Coasterfreak76), and Jason (CoasterDeane) on one side and BigAl and Chris (ChrisKDfan?) on the other. We had a blast!!

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
These "rides" are the most hideous rides at the park. Their structure is an eyesore, plus normally they clear out way too many trees to accomodate them. Much better set up like at Cedar Point, outside the park. That way those that want to blow $30 on this attraction can do so without paying park admission.
02-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Love this ride, Family and I ride it at least once everytime we visit. Does anyone know what the cost for the Skyflyer are going to be set at this year? If they are the same, does anyone remember what they were? Thanks for the info

2011 Stats: I-305: 4 Dominator: 7 , FOF: 2 Anaconda: 2 Grizzly: 0 Rebel Yell: 4 Shock Wave: 0 Volcano: 3
02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Not at all worth the money. The one at Kings Island is worth doing for $5, and the one at SFA is cheap as well. Don't do it at KD.

Currently Banned