Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xtreme SkyFlyer Official Topic
02-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Re: Xtreme SkyFlyer Official Topic
I'm determined to get on SkyFlyer for my first this this season, even though I'm terrified of heights... I'm just afraid that I'll waste my money because I might have my eyes shut the whole time!

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Op
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 10:53 AM
My sister wants to ride one of these really bad. I want to get on one but I'm to terrfied I might get sick. Although it is like a coaster I guess.

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half a**ed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson
02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Tasha Wrote:I'm determined to get on SkyFlyer for my first this this season, even though I'm terrified of heights... I'm just afraid that I'll waste my money because I might have my eyes shut the whole time!

well I'm def scared of that ride haha, but you should try it if you really want too Smile give it a shot lol

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
02-20-2011, 10:09 AM
For me, it was addicting.... just sayin... lol
You may hate it, or you might love it and want to do it again and again! Tongue

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I did it once on my 11th birthday and havent done it since. I am going to do it again this year, and this time I want to pull the rip cord, I have been to afraid to pull it.

Team Classy #1!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Last season was my first time on SkyFlyer ;o) I only did it 1 time because of the cost, but if it was cheaper I'd definitely do it again! I put it on my youtube..
http://www.youtube.com/xjonix
I screamed like a big sissy and shut my eyes but I still liked it :lol: My wife loved it.. she's fearless.

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
02-20-2011, 07:08 PM
CoasterGirl Wrote:Last season was my first time on SkyFlyer ;o) I only did it 1 time because of the cost, but if it was cheaper I'd definitely do it again! I put it on my youtube..
I screamed like a big sissy and shut my eyes but I still liked it :lol: My wife loved it.. she's fearless.
you did not scream that much. I have never tried it, mainly because I like roller coasters and they do not cost extra.
02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
gooseKDfan Wrote:you did not scream that much. I have never tried it, mainly because I like roller coasters and they do not cost extra.

lol well thanks... I like roller coasters better too. Big Grin

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
02-20-2011, 10:05 PM
CoasterGirl Wrote:Last season was my first time on SkyFlyer ;o) I only did it 1 time because of the cost, but if it was cheaper I'd definitely do it again! I put it on my youtube..
omg my stomach dropped just watching that. I'm not going to lie...this is the one thing at KD that I've been too scared to do.

I Have No Homeboy.
02-20-2011, 10:29 PM
I was wondering has anyone done it at night time? And is it less scarier to do it at night than the daytime?

I remember the time I was on the side closest to XLC and when I went to the other side I thought I was never coming back down and it scared the crap out of me.
Now when I was on it the height didn't feared me, it was the bar under my shoes that gave me the creeps because I had a feeling that it was going to slip off my shoes.

Caution! Venetians may strike at any time.
02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
timmydoggy Wrote:...Now when I was on it the height didn't feared me, it was the bar under my shoes that gave me the creeps because I had a feeling that it was going to slip off my shoes.
sooo this might sound like a dumb question but what if the bar does slip from underneath your shoes? I thought it was just there only for resting your feet? :?

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Op
02-21-2011, 12:17 AM
I dont think nothing would happens if the bar slips off because you're still straped in that harness the whole time. I just have that feeling that if the bar slipped off I will slide away from the harness. :shock:

Caution! Venetians may strike at any time.
03-04-2011, 06:27 PM
timmydoggy Wrote:I was wondering has anyone done it at night time? And is it less scarier to do it at night than the daytime?

It's very cool at night! Did it during haunt and it was really cool to be up above the fog at the top, and then swing down, through the fog, see the ground ( oh crap moment!) then go up above the fog again ( repeat a few times... ha ha)
I recommend doing it, if you get the chance to. Big Grin

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
03-04-2011, 11:09 PM
First off....to answer Tasha's question: The white bar that sits under your feet is there for 2 reasons..1) to keep your body straight as the workers are latching you in and while you "fall" forward and, 2) to keep your legs together during flight. If this bar does fall during flight, I promise you will not slide out of the harness (I know from experience). Unfortunatly, this ride is a pay-2-play attraction, but is well worth every cent! If you get the opportunity to "fly" please do, it is a memoriable experience!

ALPHA, 3, 2, 1...FLYYYYYYY

2011 Stats: I-305: 4 Dominator: 7 , FOF: 2 Anaconda: 2 Grizzly: 0 Rebel Yell: 4 Shock Wave: 0 Volcano: 3
06-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I remember doing Xtreme Skyflyer back in 2004 and it was FANTASTIC! My{then} boyfriend went on it during Fearfest and from our pov, I was almost certain that we were gonna crash in HXLC(I know, that sounds like forever ago)! The funny thing was, when we got the tape home, we discovered that we were given the wrong tape! :shock: I later called Guest Services and they told us on our next visit to bring the tape to XSF and tell them what happened.
On the last day of 2004 season, we went. We told them them the situation and they let us do it again...FREE OF CHARGE! Not to mention 2 keychains and the RIGHT video! Big Grin

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user