Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offical Boo Blaster Topic
04-09-2010, 01:30 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about this ride. I can't wait to ride it. Smile (probably tomorrow... I didn't go through that area of the park today)

coaster credits: 361
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 10:15 AM

[Image: KD-SFA-HP-8002.jpg]

I took this on opening day. I liked the ride but thought that Carowinds as just a bit better and offered on particular element that pushed it over the top. I can't wait to try out KI's version on Saturday.
04-11-2010, 04:04 PM

DaveStroem Wrote:[Image: KD-SFA-HP-8002.jpg]

I took this on opening day. I liked the ride but thought that Carowinds as just a bit better and offered on particular element that pushed it over the top. I can't wait to try out KI's version on Saturday.

OOOhh I like that pic...it makes the building look genuinely haunted Tongue

"And just when you think you've had enough,
and your ready to get off the ride and take the merry-go round...
You change your mind, throw you hands in the air
and ride the roller coaster all over again."
Stacey Charter
04-11-2010, 04:56 PM

I rode it twice yesterday and thought it was nicely done. Smile

coaster credits: 361
04-11-2010, 08:34 PM

I have to say that I LOVE the improvements that they did to the ride! The effects are great! I don't want to give too much away to those of us who haven't ridden it yet. So, if you haven't, GO RIDE IT! :-) lol.

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
04-12-2010, 10:48 AM

I don't understand why there is no real reference to the Boo Blasters change on the KD website except for a list of rides in the Kidzville area. I think this change deserves a full advertisement on the website instead of letting intimidator overshadow the new changes.

However, I do miss Scooby-Doo and Hanna-Barbara land. I was hoping that Snoopy was NOT coming to KD, but things change. I won't debate Snoopy here, but my young children don't even know who his is. (Just think: how many children in this GENERATION even know Snoopy and Peanuts?? I suppose it is the CHEAPER way to go as rights to Scooby, etc. would be more expensive.)
04-12-2010, 11:19 AM

The new Boo Blasters is sooo much better than the scooby dark ride! I am glad they spent some money on the rethemeing instead of just ripping stuff out.... Keep your eyes peeled for Clint! His resemblance is a "work of art"....... :roll:

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2010, 04:43 PM

volcanoman Wrote:I don't understand why there is no real reference to the Boo Blasters change on the KD website except for a list of rides in the Kidzville area. I think this change deserves a full advertisement on the website instead of letting intimidator overshadow the new changes.

However, I do miss Scooby-Doo and Hanna-Barbara land. I was hoping that Snoopy was NOT coming to KD, but things change. I won't debate Snoopy here, but my young children don't even know who his is. (Just think: how many children in this GENERATION even know Snoopy and Peanuts?? I suppose it is the CHEAPER way to go as rights to Scooby, etc. would be more expensive.)

I could have written this myself when I heard of the change. In fact, I wrote something similar. The changes are good. My son and I loved Boo Blasters, and he didn't miss Scooby. I think it hurt me more than him, lol.
04-12-2010, 05:41 PM

^ I felt the same way as well. The little boy I babysit for misses scooby though. He keeps saying "no more scooby doo for ever and ever?" I think it all looks nice though.

I Have No Homeboy.
04-13-2010, 02:12 PM

This is a really fun ride! We did it last weekend and I definitely noticed some improvements over the original Scooby Doo version, which was a fun ride to begin with.

I have a few questions about it and maybe you guys know the answers, its not a big deal I'm just curious. What is the top score? How many points do you get for each ghost you shoot? Are they all the same amount or do they vary? If you shoot something and then go back to it after it lights up and shoot it again, does it still count? Or if you shoot something that somebody else already shot, does it count?

I know its stupid I'm just curious. Everytime I do it I am so concentrated on shooting everything in sight that I never look down at the display panel until the very end. Me and my fiance like to get a little competitive with it. haha

Last time I did it I shot a score of 1850, which I think might be one of my highest scores. What are some of your guys' high scores?
04-13-2010, 10:58 PM

My high score is 2500.

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
04-14-2010, 11:02 AM

My friends went on it..they said it was nice...I'll probably get to it before May 1(or wait til then so that my friend & her boyfriend can also ride it).. :-)

I've been Intimidated...have you!
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM

Yeah 2500 is a really good score Katie, thats probably the highest one I've seen. You must be a sharp shooter. 8)

It would be good to have some info on how the scoring works to help us score higher but I'll just keep doing what I been doin, shooting everything in sight! Seriously I'm like Rambo on a rampage in that thing. Shoot first ask questions later. haha

I'll be going back this weekend to get another run at it so maybe I can break 2000 this time. Also, I think it helps to sit on the left side of the car cuz it seems like theres more targets on that side and if your on the right then your always reachin around people.
04-14-2010, 03:27 PM

When we get in the car, I usually hand my son my gun and grab his. This way it always looks like he beats me and he gets excited about it. I've also traded halfway through.

He better appreciated it, cause I don't let him win at everything at home Smile
04-19-2010, 07:03 AM

well now that I have ridden boo blaster, I can say it is awesome!! It reminds me of some sort of disney ride!! Haha it is one of those that you can ride over and over because it just so fun. :lol: My high score was only 1200. MASTER BLASTER!!! (barely) Tongue

"And just when you think you've had enough,
and your ready to get off the ride and take the merry-go round...
You change your mind, throw you hands in the air
and ride the roller coaster all over again."
Stacey Charter