Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Planet Snoopy Topic
04-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Official Planet Snoopy Topic
What are your thoughts on our newest themed area... PLANET SNOOPY!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Be sure to join the "Planet Snoopy (Kings Dominion)" fan page on Facebook!

I thought the retheme was exactly what I was expecting! I think the Snoopy moonbounce will be awesome for the kids, is there an official name for that yet?
04-05-2010, 11:14 AM

I really think and hope that in the next few years we see a large update of the kiddy area. I think that is something we will see soon.

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2010, 12:50 PM

I appreciate that KD is trying to improve the kids area, but as a mom I just have to say it. A moon bounce???? Really??? My son loves them, so I guess it's a good move, but that's the last thing I want to spend time on at KD. Ok, done with my temper tantrum. Carry on.
04-05-2010, 01:08 PM

^ well IMO it's better than construction company. Just seems fairly "temporary"?

I Have No Homeboy.
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM

I didn't like the construction company either, lol. I can take him to McDonald's to climb in stuff like that. I'm just saying as a mom that likes to ride rides, but has a young child, I'd rather not be sitting around KD all day watching him play on things we could do at many other places. I'd rather be riding rides with him. It's a catch 22 with me. It's great that KD is putting in things that kids like, it's just not my personal preference to have them there.
04-05-2010, 01:18 PM

I'm with you. When I take the kids I babysit for I hated it when they wanted to play in construction company...cause I'm thinking "are we done yet? can we go ride something?" haha. Guess the moon bounce is the same concept as far as that goes.

I Have No Homeboy.
04-05-2010, 01:28 PM

I think the new Planet Snoopy retheme is good, IMO it is something different to look at, which can be pleasing to the eye, but I wouldn't really care about the kiddy area, but I'm glad they are not just trying to appease the coaster fans
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I'm with you. When I take the kids I babysit for I hated it when they wanted to play in construction company...cause I'm thinking "are we done yet? can we go ride something?" haha. Guess the moon bounce is the same concept as far as that goes.

Exactly! :lol:
04-05-2010, 03:09 PM

I would rather KD have the Snoopy Moon Bounce than the fugly Kidz Construction Company. I run under that thing, it looks like its going to fall down any minute! Haha! :lol:
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Has this attraction open yet?

04-13-2010, 08:59 PM

I am not a huge snoopy fan, I hope that the park guests welcome the newest addition properly and I look forward to the future that Planet Snoopy has in store.

I am happy with life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2010, 07:29 AM

Who really is a Snoopy fan today?

Just think: Consider asking the average youngster (ages 5-12), "what is your favorite cartoon character?" Does anyone really believe that more than 10% would say Snoopy? Peanuts is fairly dead with youngsters today. It is not even in the list of things "to watch" or in this case read, because Snoopy is MOSTLY seen in the comics. But, do to change in the culture, we are not reading comics----instead we are on the internet, texting, etc.

So, I think SNOOPY was a bad, cheap way to theme the area! They might as well have made up some new Cedar Fair Bunny and named it Smiley!!
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM

I have said this time and time again. If parents want their kids to know who Snoopy is, then for God's sake, go to the library, surf youtube, or go to Wal-Mart and buy the videos. Snoopy and the Peanuts gang are not bad characters! Sure, they aren't on TV as much anymore, but parents can still do something to teach their children who they are. I mean, we got wind of the change in what.... August? I know that the GP didn't hear about the change until much later, if at all, but come on. It's Peanuts.... not Bevis and Butthead.. sheesh. I started showing my son the Charlie Brown specials over the summer and he loves them. He was so excited to see Snoopy and everyone!

So what, It's Snoopy! It's not the end of the world. There is nothing we can do about it, so just roll with the punches and deal with it. :-)

and I can't imagine what the inside of Construction Company smells like... I can only imagine how many "accidents" have happened in those tubes... BLEH!

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
04-14-2010, 01:16 PM

WOW, I'm not sure how my disliking the Snoopy retheme compares to the "end of the world" (talk about sheesh).

Again, I have an opinion and MINE is that Snoopy was the CHEAP way to go and NOT the BEST thing for the general public. I just don't think we should have to take our kids to the library and "educate" our children before going to a theme park to explain to them who the characters are. Of course, it wouldn't take long to WATCH all of Snoopy cartoons, because isn't there only about 6 hours of Snoopy cartoons even in EXISTENCE?? Sorry, I can't watch the annoying teacher sound (who can't talk for some reason)!!

Hey, I'm glad Snoopy is a family theme, but what was wrong with the Hanna Barbara theme(Yogi, Scooby, etc.)? This stuff existed when the park originally opened, but is still popular with young chidlren!! I don't miss Nickelodeon, but this Snoopy stuff is just really out-of-date.

Of course, many "coaster enthusiasts" and KD lovers think Cedar Fair can do no wrong!

This was a discussion about theming NOT attractions, there is a difference. I also didn't like the Construction Company attraction, but if you remember: it did not really have a theme (at least with any characters)!!!!