Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Planet Snoopy Topic
04-14-2010, 01:35 PM

My opinion is I think the best choice would have been to keep Nick (but update the characters). Next to Disney - Nickelodeon resonates most with kids. But Snoopy is here and they are big, and cuddly and I want to hug them. Plus, Race for your life, Charlie Brown is one of my fav movies.

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM

Cedar Fair more than likely wouldn't of gotten the rights to Nickelodeon extended even if they would have tried. Nickelodeon now has "Nickelodeon Universe" in the Mall of America now and was even trying to open up a Nick park down in the old Six Flags in New Orleans. I believe Nick is on there own now, so I doubt CF would have gotten the licensing.

The old HB characters were MORE unheard of with the kids than Snoopy, except for Scooby... So why keep them? No reason at all. I have mentioned in another thread that it would have been awesome if they had "Planet Snoopy" and a Scooby-Doo section. Get rid of the licensing for the rest of HB except for Scooby! That would have been cheaper, and still have used the Peanuts. It could be the "rivalry" of the dogs! Hahaha.
04-14-2010, 04:02 PM

^ LOL. I can see it now... "Kings Dominion has gone to the Dogs!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist.) :-P

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
04-14-2010, 05:47 PM

^^I agree....kids know who snoopy and charlie brown are waaayyy better than yogi and Hanna-Barbera etc..I think it was a smart choice Smile

"And just when you think you've had enough,
and your ready to get off the ride and take the merry-go round...
You change your mind, throw you hands in the air
and ride the roller coaster all over again."
Stacey Charter
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM

Here is my opinion of what the statistics would be:

Entertainment value: Scooby-Doo
Themeing: Scooby/Nickelodeon/Disney
Most Watched: Disney (maybe Nickelodeon)
Favorite of Most: Scooby-Doo
Most Owned DVD: Disney
Well known: Nickelodeon

I don't believe SNOOPY would fall into any of these categories!!

BOTTOM LINE: Snoopy is here to stay, whether the public really wants them or not! Isn't that the purpose, to please the GENERAL PUBLIC??????
04-16-2010, 07:28 AM

my question is why on earth do they play disney music in Planet Snoopy? Brian and I were walking through there and I was like, "wait, is that the theme from Mulan?" then right after that they started playing "colors of the wind" lol.

[Image: rl_105377.jpg]
04-16-2010, 09:24 AM

well, i've got a 3 year old daughter. last year, her eyes jumped out of her head and she squealed with joy when she spotted Little Bill waving at her. she had a similar excited reaction when she saw those huge murals of Blue and other Nick characters. she still wears were Uniqua (backyardigans) hat that we bought for her there.

she has no idea who the peanuts gang are, and will likely have no reaction to them other than confusion. sorry, but they just aren't on tv. sure, the mopey, depressing christmas and halloween specials get aired once or twice a year, but i bet a lot more adults watch them than children. the peanuts license is useless as a theme for a kids area. like volcanoman said, cedar fair might as well make up something generic, for all the impact it will have on kids. i hope they are not paying a lot for a license to a cartoon dog who does not appear on childrens television and is nowadays best known for appearing in insurance commercials.

of course, she doesn't know the hanna-barbera characters any better than the peanuts characters, so while my nostalgic side would love to have them still around, it wouldn't make a difference to my daughter.

i know nick isn't coming back. i just wish KD/CF had a better license to put in there, particularly with the Sesame Street stuff at Busch Gardens. (my daughter's a huge fan of the muppets!)
04-16-2010, 09:36 AM

Bring back Smurf Mountain!!! :lol:

Uh-oh, here I go again. My son is almost 5, and he doesn't seem to care who they have there. Personally, I miss Scooby and Smurf Mountain. I do think that Boo Blasters is better than the Scooby version although they need more themeing in the queue. Other than that, I guess it really doesn't matter. I think being at an amusement park is the main thrill for kids, and you could give them any made up character and they'd be happy.
04-17-2010, 07:26 PM

Oh my, the memories of Smurf Mountain! I remember making my grandmother ride that with me, she always ran out of breath climbing the stairs to the train. That was THE BEST children's ride the park had, but VOLCANO is still my favorite coaster at the park.

The problem is, LuckyMOM, that Kings's Dominion is NOT an AMUSEMENT PARK it is A THEME PARK (I don't mean to split hairs, but there is a difference). I suppose if Cedar Fair is going to change the direction of the park----we won't see "themed areas" or "themed rides", but to me that adds to the experience and memories and makes the PARK better than going to the FAIR!!! The FAIR will have "made up characters" NOT a THEME PARK!
04-17-2010, 08:34 PM

I was pretty sure Kings Dominion was an amusement park.

I Have No Homeboy.
04-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Previous Themed Areas: Congo, Candy Apple Grove, Wayne's World, Old Virginia, International Street, and Kidzville (Nick Central).

The Past, The Present, and The Future ALL says KD is a THEME PARK!
04-17-2010, 09:41 PM

Lots of parks have areas - doesn't mean they are Theme Parks. To me a theme park is Disney or BG - which are highly themed. KD calls themselves a "Themed Amusement Park" so I guess technically it's both. I still think to call it a theme park is a bit of a stretch...they are really not themed anymore - as much as I loved the theming. I agree there is a difference but I think KD falls into the Amusment Park category moreso than the Theme Park category.

I Have No Homeboy.
04-18-2010, 07:19 AM

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Lots of parks have areas - doesn't mean they are Theme Parks. To me a theme park is Disney or BG - which are highly themed. KD calls themselves a "Themed Amusement Park" so I guess technically it's both. I still think to call it a theme park is a bit of a stretch...they are really not themed anymore - as much as I loved the theming. I agree there is a difference but I think KD falls into the Amusment Park category moreso than the Theme Park category.

Thanks Nikki! That's why I called it an amusement park. As much as I love KD, they are really lacking on themeing. It was much better years ago, and I do think Cedar Fair is making an effort, but we're not there yet. I still stand by my previous comment. My son likes KD for the amusement, not the characters or theme.
04-18-2010, 07:55 AM

LuckyMom Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Lots of parks have areas - doesn't mean they are Theme Parks. To me a theme park is Disney or BG - which are highly themed. KD calls themselves a "Themed Amusement Park" so I guess technically it's both. I still think to call it a theme park is a bit of a stretch...they are really not themed anymore - as much as I loved the theming. I agree there is a difference but I think KD falls into the Amusment Park category moreso than the Theme Park category.

Thanks Nikki! That's why I called it an amusement park. As much as I love KD, they are really lacking on themeing. It was much better years ago, and I do think Cedar Fair is making an effort, but we're not there yet. I still stand by my previous comment. My son likes KD for the amusement, not the characters or theme.

Agreed! Do we really need to get into that debate all over again? LOL

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
04-18-2010, 08:04 PM

^ I hope not! We've been there before, haven't we? And I have to say, as much as I complained about the Snoopy moon bounce, I let my son get in it today, lol.

My big excited Mommy news though, my son rode the ghoster coaster for the first time today! I'm a proud Momma!!! I hadn't been on that one in years, I had fun too. He'll be riding the big ones with me in no time. When he's tall enough that is.