• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Planet Snoopy Topic
04-18-2010, 09:25 PM

^ Awesome! Good for him! Big Grin

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2010, 07:00 AM

Ok so now that I have been to Kings dominion I think that although kids don't know snoopy very well, they are very lovable characters that are easy to grow on!!

"And just when you think you've had enough,
and your ready to get off the ride and take the merry-go round...
You change your mind, throw you hands in the air
and ride the roller coaster all over again."
Stacey Charter
04-19-2010, 08:28 AM

If you don't like the debate, get off the forum! If you will notice my post count, I haven't been here long, and do NOT wish to read the 100's of pages of previous posts to see if I'm bringing up a topic which has been brought up before.

KD has always been a theme park, but it would be TOTALLY UNFAIR to compare it to Disney or BG. My comparison was the County/State Fair which has NO themed areas ------ to me that is amusement NOT a theme park.
04-19-2010, 09:21 AM

volcanoman Wrote:If you don't like the debate, get off the forum! If you will notice my post count, I haven't been here long, and do NOT wish to read the 100's of pages of previous posts to see if I'm bringing up a topic which has been brought up before.

KD has always been a theme park, but it would be TOTALLY UNFAIR to compare it to Disney or BG. My comparison was the County/State Fair which has NO themed areas ------ to me that is amusement NOT a theme park.

Sounds to me like you need to chill out. If you notice in this thread, no one else got upset, and there were alot of smilies and lol's. If you do NOT wish to read the forums and think it is TOTALLY UNFAIR, maybe you need to find another forum. The rest of us are happy with the conversation here.
04-19-2010, 10:30 AM

Oooo. I think I'll just chill out now that you told me too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The TOTALLY UNFAIR thing is NOT THIS FORUM it is the crazy comparison of KD to Disney and/or BG!! :x :x

BOTTOM LINE AGAIN: Snoopy is here to stay whether the general public wants it or not.

Wow, it sure feels nice to be chilled out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do I need more smilies?
04-19-2010, 10:39 AM

Gotta love sarcasm. Keep working with the smilies til you get a smile on your face. We're not arguing with you. Let's keep this a friendly site.
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM

I guess it'd been too calm here for too long....someone has to come along and rock the boat... :roll:

I Have No Homeboy.
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM

Remember, not everyone out there agrees 100% with the decisions of King's Dominion (or Paramount in the past). If "rocking the boat" means disagreeing with some park decisions, then I'm splashing as much as possible about the Snoopy thing!!! I disagree with Snoopy being the park icon, but as with anything else, I'll get over it.

But, I suppose I have made my point crystal clear by now! Everyone has a right to their opinion (at least that is what I thought).
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM

No, that's not what I meant. We've recently had a good group of people who can state their opinions in a respectable manner without having an attitude or feeling a need to "argue" or be a smart butt- for lack of a better term. There is no need for the bold letters, EXTREME sarcasm or stating your opinion as if it's an absolute fact. But how you choose to represent yourself is entirely up to you. However, THAT is what I meant by "rocking the boat"

I Have No Homeboy.
04-19-2010, 01:25 PM

To add to what Nikki said, if you read back in this thread, you'll see where we have not agreed 100% with what KD does. I, for one, have been very outspoken about the change to Snoopy. I didn't agree with it when it was announced, and still don't now that I've seen the changes. My point was that even with the changes, my son and I are still having fun, and I do like Boo Blasters better. I will always miss the old Hanna Barbera days, but unfortunately we can't go back. My son didn't know much about Snoopy til recently, but much to my surprise he went running to Snoopy and gave him a big hug when we got there.
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM

OPINION: Bold letters are used to show sarcasm.

FACT: King's Dominion is a theme park not an amusement park.

OPINION: Snoopy is the worst kid's area decision in the park's history.

FACT: Forums are the place for mentioning opinions without others feeling it is a fact and the ability to know the difference between the two!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice: No inappropriate language (covered with an asterisk) were used in this post.
03-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Re: Official Planet Snoopy Topic
Am I the only one who finds our Planet Snoopy a bit "weak"? The only things in it are Flying Ace, PEANUTS Showplace, the moonbounce, Joe Cool Driving School, Chick-Fil-A and a Snoopy Botique. I wonder if we will ever see a full KidZville and Planet Snoopy combination?
04-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Snoopy used to be at the Mall of America. I never went to KD during it's Nickelodeon years. I've been to the Mall of America dozens of times because my family lives in Minneapolis. It was interesting that last year, the first time I had been to KD since I was a kid, MoA & KD swapped themes. MoA just re-themed their stuff to Nickelodeon. The rides were pretty much still the same. They had Reptar bumper cars (did those come from KD?) and the climbing area is now based on Spongebob. The coaster is now Fairly Oddparents. I just wish KD had all the pressed penny machines from Knott's Camp Snoopy at MoA.

Snoopy is a cute theme. Nickelodeon was more relevent to kids today, but isn't Snoopy cheaper to maintain? Nickelodeon constantly has new TV shows, new characters, while Peanuts will be the same forever. Most kids love dogs anyway. They may not know who Snoopy is, but he's a cute puppy and the rides are fun for youngsters. In a few more years they'll probably change the theme to something else.
04-05-2011, 10:14 AM
No, the Reptar bumper cars did not come from KD. KD did not remove any rides when they rethemed from Nick and Hanna Barbara to Planet Snoopy. Not sure if Snoopy is cheaper than Nick. The reason KD changed to Snoopy theming is because Cedar Fair has contracts with the Peanuts characters. When CF bought the Paramount parks it was just a matter of time before the retheming occurred.
04-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow that was quite the post from me from this time last year...yikes.
^^ Anyway I agree with Snoopy being cheaper to maintain. When we had the Nickelodeon theme back in 09 we did have Spongebob (still relevant to kids) but there was also Wild Thornberry characters snf Rugrats characters - which was not so much. So if they did keep the Nickelodeon they would have had to change them anyway to keep up with the times (like you said, new shows/new characters - ect.). So Snoopy being cheaper def. makes sense.

I Have No Homeboy.