Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offical Flight of Fear Topic
04-16-2010, 05:41 PM

I don't do it to be mean, its all in good fun. Some people may get the chills and not want to ride anymore, but there are no complaints so I have fun doing it all day long. Sense Flight of Fear opens up at 12 noon most days, I ride everything before it opens and then just chill on FoF all day long until closing. They have good ride crews so the wait is not too bad given the fact, I go on weekends. I get the best reactions on weekends anyways.

Let me tell you about some of my experiences. I started the light in the tunnel and everyone on the train, started freaking out saying " Whoa Whoa Whoa, where is that coming from"?. Then I did it a couple of times through the first inversion. When we got to the breaks up at the top, I did it once, and then did not do it again until we went through the final sharp turn at the end and ended with the inversion. People were so puzzled as to where it came from.

I got tones of stories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2010, 07:30 AM

I haven't been on FoF in a couple of years...that ride used to seriously hurt. I'm assuming they've fixed it or smoothed it out or something?
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM

vadersaysno Wrote:I haven't been on FoF in a couple of years...that ride used to seriously hurt. I'm assuming they've fixed it or smoothed it out or something?

they replaced the over the shoulder restraints with lap bars. it improves the ride immeasurably.
05-02-2010, 12:09 PM

When i went to kd this weekend i rode FoF and i saw something that i have never seen b4. There was a sign that read this ride may roll back. I never saw it on the hundred of times i rode it last year. Has it ever rolledback?
05-02-2010, 12:17 PM

did you guys get to ride FoF last night we left early.

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2010, 12:21 PM

I was me and Brain ans one other guy. ALL the lights were on, including the launch tunnel. I hear it got stuck or had a rollback , because they closed it down early, and a bunch of maintience guys were walking in and out.

Visit My Youtube Page...
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsDominionGuy
I305 ride count: 22
05-02-2010, 02:02 PM

I walked in after my first ERT ride on I305, and arrived at an empty station, where they gave me my own train! I asked to count down the launch, but he hit the switch when I got to 2 :lol:. It was a very cool time to be in the lit up spaghetti bowl with a train to myself. When I got back I tried to board again, and found some other people in the station, but they said it had broken (right after my ride).
05-02-2010, 02:17 PM

awww I wish we stayed now. We were so tired though.

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
05-02-2010, 03:36 PM

FOF was overrunning the brakes last night. Kind of worrying, I was in the first car, and was almost in the turn by the exit when the car stopped.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
05-05-2010, 11:26 PM

must say this is one of my favored rides. i prefer the lights completely off..they had them on when i went april 2nd and it was like riding a completely different ride. still thoroughly enjoyable!
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM

I think it all depends on the crews that is working there that day. They probably can do whatever they want. If they hear enough people saying that "Its cooler when the lights are off" then someone will probably flip the switch and turn them all off. Again, a lot of times I go, the lights in the spaghetti bowl are off and I'm able to do my little LED light thing and scare everyone.
05-28-2010, 11:50 AM

^ The launch anticipation also depends a lot on the crew. Of all the rides at KD, which crew is working a ride probably influences the ride experience at FoF more than any other ride crew's.
05-28-2010, 12:05 PM

cygnusx1 Wrote:^ The launch anticipation also depends a lot on the crew. Of all the rides at KD, which crew is working a ride probably influences the ride experience at FoF more than any other ride crew's.

I have to agree. Most times when I go, the ride crews don't say a thing. They just do the thumb sweep and then I listen closely for the air dispatch under the train. And in 3 seconds it launches.
05-28-2010, 07:22 PM

Really? Most times I go they do the "3, 2, 1 - Goodbye!"

I Have No Homeboy.
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Or the....10...9...8(Launch), I pressed the button to early, woops!

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio