Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2010 Coaster Information!
12-04-2008, 05:05 PM
2010 Coaster Information!
Supposedly Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia will be debuting a major attraction in 2010. Kings Dominion has leaked out information about a possible new attraction in 2010 located behind Anaconda and Flight of Fear. Although the park will be debuting new flat rides for the 2009 season 2010 will be the season that will take your breath away. Now there has been some speculation on what kind of coaster it would be. Considering that the installment of a roller coaster takes years to plan and Cedar Fair just bought the Paramount parks in 2006. Cedar Fair is known for it's relationship with Intamin and most likely will be installing something along the lines of Maverick or Fahrenheit. However, they could completely surprise us enthusiasts and take a turn for a more reliable and quality based coaster from B&;M. With most parks looking to build rides that enhance ride experience then I would have to say Intamin. Take a look at Maverick, as you speed through those sharp turns really close to the ground it makes you feel like you are going faster then you actually are giving you an awesome ride exerpience. Not to mention the 2 airtime hills that lift you completely out of your seat. Tall and fast are a thing of the past. Sharp tunrs, launches, water features, tunnels, over banked turns, steep drops and inversions seem to be the way manufacturers are building now a days. So I am completely undecided at the moment to which kind of coaster the park will debut.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2008, 10:02 PM

I would think they will stick with B&M and build something close to Beth.and DB. Any thing else would be depressing.
Find all posts by this user
12-05-2008, 07:01 AM

One thing, I'd like to know where you found this information. :wink:
12-06-2008, 09:53 AM

kdaddict804 Wrote:One thing, I'd like to know where you found this information. :wink:
I second that motion. I won't make any opinions til I hear(or see)it for myself. Smile
12-06-2008, 12:15 PM

I third that
12-06-2008, 03:18 PM

If its going to be a hyper coaster we will know for sure opening day,We will see signs of work going on.
12-06-2008, 09:46 PM

cpmill1 Wrote:I would think they will stick with B&M and build something close to Beth.and DB. Any thing else would be depressing.
I doubt Kings Dominion is going to want to put in a B&M hypercoaster, with Apollo's Chariot being so close.
But hey, that didn't stop Dorney Park with adding Talon and Hersheypark has Great Bear.
12-06-2008, 10:02 PM

Why does KD want me to spend my money at BGE or SF?
12-12-2008, 10:51 PM

KD doesn't want you to do that. Most of the general public who goes to BGE and not KD will see a new B&M hyper as the same exact thing as Apollo and so they won't make a special trip. But if it's something different then it gives them a reason to visit.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
12-12-2008, 11:55 PM

Well like I said if it is going to be a major coaster we will know opening day,But Carowinds seems to think that they are next.Ill just be glad when we know for sure,Although it is fun to speculate.
12-13-2008, 04:19 PM

^I highly doubt we will be seeing signs of work "opening day" unless they were to put it in the backwoods of Old Virginia since they would have to remove a lot of trees.
12-13-2008, 04:20 PM

I highly doubt Carowinds is before us. Although Dominator is a major coaster, it's used and was moved here just because of the closing of GL. We haven't had a major coaster actually planned for the park since XLC, and we all know what happened with that. Cedar Fair seems to be building new rides by location going north to south, so that means we'd be the next park.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
12-13-2008, 04:49 PM

kdaddict804 Wrote:^I highly doubt we will be seeing signs of work "opening day" unless they were to put it in the backwoods of Old Virginia since they would have to remove a lot of trees.
Work was visible at KI when I was there last May.It takes along time to pour the footers and if it is going to be a big project they will try to get the footers poured in the summer.
12-13-2008, 05:06 PM

I take what I said back, just read Screamscape and the PR Manager from Worlds of Fun learned that "Several old "Paramount" parks are getting very big rides in the near future and that those announcements would be very early this coming season."
12-13-2008, 08:42 PM

Travis Wrote:I highly doubt Carowinds is before us. Although Dominator is a major coaster, it's used and was moved here just because of the closing of GL. We haven't had a major coaster actually planned for the park since XLC, and we all know what happened with that. Cedar Fair seems to be building new rides by location going north to south, so that means we'd be the next park.

That ride wasn't even planned for us, it was supposed to go to Great America.

We most likely should see some work if we're getting something like Behemoth or Diamondback. Diamondback's work started in 2007 actually. It'll be clear on April 4th if a hyper is coming or not.
Thread Closed