Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Water Works Topic
05-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Official Water Works Topic
What does everyone think of the waterpark at KD? Do you spend all day there?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2010, 09:40 AM

I have never spent all day there. I'll get a few rides in (Dom, Volcano, Griz, and possibly Hurler) before WW opens. Hit up Tornado, Pipeline peak, a couple of "big bucket" dumps, maybe a ride around the lazy river as soon as it opens. Change and ride Drop Zone, Rebel Yell, Anaconda, and Flight of Fear. Commence the re-rides until I am tired of walking around then I leave.

Now that I305 is there I'll hit it up before WW opens and after a couple more times.
05-24-2010, 11:10 AM

I usually only go to the water park if I have kids with me. We'll spend the first half of the day in the regular part of the park...then the afternoon in the water park. Tornado is my favorite Big Grin

I Have No Homeboy.
05-24-2010, 07:41 PM

I like Tornado if the line is reasonable. Zoom Flume is good too if I have enough people with me to ride it. And I like the low slides of Pipeline Peak. The higher ones are pretty rough. FreeStylin' is a nice underrated older ride there. I still like to get sent down that one backwards.

Having been to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels, I would say WaterWorks is not worth a separate trip in itself. It's a good place to spend an afternoon, but I wouldn't spend a full day there. Then again, I am trying to compare it to Schlitterbahn.
05-24-2010, 08:01 PM

I would have to agree, I think it needs to get about the size of Dollywood's Splash Country to be considered an all-day thing...
05-24-2010, 10:13 PM

Tornado as managed to be closed every time I've gone.

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"
05-25-2010, 05:44 PM

Thanks everyone
06-28-2010, 11:33 AM

Does anybody know if they frequently have one wave pool with no waves and one with waves? Yesterday I went and hung out in Tidal Wave Bay for a while and no waves...went over to Big Wave Bay and they had em going off and on. I'm not in the water park enough to know whether that's usually what they do or not - but I was just curious.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-28-2010, 12:02 PM

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Does anybody know if they frequently have one wave pool with no waves and one with waves? Yesterday I went and hung out in Tidal Wave Bay for a while and no waves...went over to Big Wave Bay and they had em going off and on. I'm not in the water park enough to know whether that's usually what they do or not - but I was just curious.

I beleive the waves are based on the amount of lifeguards they have on the day. There needs to be twice as many lifeguards when the waves are on.
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Ah, I guess that makes sense. I was watching the lifeguards yesterday and that just looks like the most mundane job ever. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad that they're there but man I bet that makes for a long day. The one who was monitoring the "shore" had to keep goign up to people and poke them with his stick b/c they were either doing the "dead mans float" or one guy was just face down laying there (seeing how long he could hold his breath? I dunno).

I Have No Homeboy.
06-28-2010, 05:24 PM

I have never been to the water park at KD because the locker prices are outrageous.

coaster credits: 361
06-28-2010, 05:30 PM

niiicolaaah Wrote:I have never been to the water park at KD because the locker prices are outrageous.
its not worth going to lol its nasty.
06-28-2010, 05:44 PM

KD's waterpark has better slides and water attractions in the waterpark then Water Country does.

Water country looks a lot better tho.

All in all I would rather get a few rides in on Tornado, and Zoom floum then anything at BGE's water park

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-28-2010, 07:05 PM

niiicolaaah Wrote:I have never been to the water park at KD because the locker prices are outrageous.

I just find a spot to "hide" my stuff even though that is taking a risk - I used a locker once a couple years ago but they are SUPER expensive!

I Have No Homeboy.
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:

I just find a spot to "hide" my stuff even though that is taking a risk - I used a locker once a couple years ago but they are SUPER expensive!

Renting one locker at WaterWorks costs $15 now (including a $5 deposit)... yes, that is quite ridiculous. I was only in WaterWorks for an hour and a half the most recent time I was at KD. It's just not worth the money. When I was at BGE a couple weeks ago, I used the one-time lockers several times throughout the day. They were $1 each time, and I could use them to store my stuff while I rode several different rides. I got one at Escape from Pompeii and then went to ride Apollo's Chariot, Roman Rapids (with a pretty big line!), and Escape from Pompeii again before I got my stuff. I didn't have to rent a new locker at each ride.