Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Water Works Topic
06-28-2010, 09:32 PM

NO

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2010, 10:28 PM

I just saw a Water Works commercial...it makes water works look like so much fun. Unfortunately none of those are our rides (except maybe Tornado). I want to go to the water works in the commercial! (which I'm sure is just a compilation of all of the CF water parks) - but the place they advertize looks so much more fun!!! :lol:

I Have No Homeboy.
06-29-2010, 10:31 PM

ehhh waterworks is ok, its no Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon or Aquatica, but its pretty cool for Kings Dominion. I just haven't been in forever.

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Re: Official Water Works Topic
If KD gets Waterworks expansion next year, what do you think the new rides will be?

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I want something like Vanish Point at Water Country. Then maybe I would have a reason to go to Waterworks.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
10-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Multi mat racer slide...
10-04-2011, 05:47 PM
800th POST!

I'm not sure if you guys know what the Atlantis in the Bahamas is, but they have the Power Tower with a bunch of different rides in it. I think this would be awesome for KD. Also, a ride like Leap of Faith at Atlantis.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
11-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Christian Wrote:I want something like Vanish Point at Water Country. Then maybe I would have a reason to go to Waterworks.
Yeah Water Country got Vanishing Point last year and it looks sick...............besdide that does Water Country have anything good? I'm thinking about spending a day there.

Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
11-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Bizarro SFNE Wrote:
Christian Wrote:I want something like Vanish Point at Water Country. Then maybe I would have a reason to go to Waterworks.
Yeah Water Country is getting Vanishing Point new for 2012 and it looks sick...............besdide that does Water Country have anything good? I'm thinking about spending a day there.
Water Country got Vanish Point last year...

I Have No Homeboy.
11-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Bizarro SFNE Wrote:
Yeah Water Country is getting Vanishing Point new for 2012 and it looks sick...............besdide that does Water Country have anything good? I'm thinking about spending a day there.

Wait for the big expansion to start. :-) One thing I don't really get about Water Country is that they are a separate-gate water park with some rides that are cool (like Aquazoid, Big Daddy Falls), but they don't have rides that are truly innovative. Technologically, a park like Kalahari (I went to the one in Sandusky) has much more innovative slides like BehemothBowls and Rockets. Water Country feels stuck in the 50s to me. Vanish Point is a cool idea, but Wet 'n' Wild Orlando had one of these years ago... I was expecting them to open the region's first AquaLoop, and when this was announced, I went, "That's it?"

They do still have a ride called Rampage that you ride on a sled, if you like rides like that. Not many of those are still around.

It's a well-themed and clean water park that shows KD how they should have designed WaterWorks, but even WaterWorks has at least one ride that's probably better than anything in WCUSA (Tornado).

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
12-27-2011, 05:08 PM
When I go to both I usually get there before the doors open and ride all the rollar coasters and after that go ride the Tornando, Pipeline Peaks, the Zoom Flume, and spend time in the Wave Pool. I personally dont think it is worth spending all day in. Big Grin
12-27-2011, 08:39 PM
some people like to spend the whole day in water works, but I am like you. hit the rides when the park opens, then get do water works when it opens for a few hours. then a few more rides if I feel like it before leaving. one of the advantages of living close is you don't have to do everything in one day.
12-27-2011, 09:43 PM
If it wasn't for other people I'd probably never go to water works. If I did I'd just go in the wave pool. I'm not a big fan of the water park. I hate wearing my swimsuit all day and I hate changing clothes. LoL

I Have No Homeboy.
12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
I like waterparks, but only after I have gotten all the rides in that I want. It's nice to do the park, cool off in the water park, and then finish off the day with night rides. It breaks up the riding and allows you to cool off in the heat of midday.

Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Most of my time in waterworks is spent in the Wave Pool and Lazy River, although Tornado is fun but the line is usually too long.