Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Water Works Topic
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Re: Official Water Works Topic
Waterworks should get a mat racer, LIM slide, and maybe an Aqualoop.

The park already has Pipeline Peak, so a slide tower like Vanish Point or Atlantis' Power tower seems redundant. An Aqualoop seems much more fitting since it's something most people around the area haven't seen before.

Mat racer - tons of parks have them. Give KD something like KI's or Aquatica's and you've got a nice addition.

LIM slides are a no-brainer. Plenty of parks are building them and they make perfect thrill/family rides.

Ocean Breeze in VA Beach just got a nice Tantrum slide tower (Neptune's Revenge). Maybe replace KD's old tube slides with one of those.

Oh and build an entrance into the newer section out back where Ricochet/Hurler sits. That might bring more people to that back area and you can get direct access to the newer section of the water park.

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2012, 09:04 PM
^ Mat racer: I don't like them, so I don't like admitting this, but yes. The KrakenRacer looks interesting.

LIM slide: Yes, yes, yes. :-)

Aqualoop: That will make people here on KDFansite actually want to go to WaterWorks. :-) I didn't go at all last season in 6 visits to the park. I could see it having short lines too. Most people are scared to try the Night Slider on Pipeline Peak.

Tantrum slide: I love the idea, but it might be redundant with the Tornado.

If we got all 4, WaterWorks would have enough in it to be a separate gate park. But they'd also need their own parking and entrance.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2012, 07:13 PM
waterworks needs a big overhaul, last time they got anything new was in the early 2000s with tornado and tidal wave bay and waterworks is still pretty much crap. ive had a season pass for 12 years and havent seen too much change. it needs to be cleaned up with some new rides.
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
^ They got Tornado, Tidal Wave Bay, and Zoom Flume in 2007. KD has recieved water park updates more recently than a lot of other Cedar Fair waterparks.

It seems like Cedar Fair is starting to become more interested in the water parks though as Cedar Point is getting a refurbishment of their Soak City (new paint on slides and Mat Racer slides) and Kings Island is getting a retheme of Boomerang Bay to Soak City (new ride names, wave pool, action river, and entrance).

In 2013 I would love to see a WaterWorks AND KidZville overhaul. Cedar Fair has improved the park SO much besides these 2 areas. Retheme WaterWorks into Soak City, paint the slides, and install a new slide (like a mat racer). Retheme KidZville into Planet Snoopy like the rest of the kid section and give it a new flat ride to replace Swing-A-Round.
02-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Kings Dominions water park is one of the nicer water parks I have been to, and they add stuff to it more often then BGE does to theres or Cedar Point. In fact Cedar Point up tell this year had not touched there walker park in 12 years. That is a very long span to go with no new rides.

I agree I would love to see some new water slides. Water slides are cheep, but there capacity is horable. More people ride the Ferris wheel in a year then use any of the water slides at KD. But still would be nice to see more new slides.

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
02-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Just - fingers crossed - that if they add more slides - no more where you have to carry your own rafts up - cause Tornado's rafts are a beast!

I Have No Homeboy.
02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Just - fingers crossed - that if they add more slides - no more where you have to carry your own rafts up - cause Tornado's rafts are a beast!

No kidding! I kinda wish Tornado's rafts were set up similar to Zoom Flume's. Another attraction I would like to see at WW is a FlowRider. Smile

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
10-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know if Kings Dominion ever uses the Wave Pool next to Zoom Flume and Splash House? I haven't seen that thing open in over 5 years. Anyone think that they might remove it?

Planet Snoopy! 2013
10-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Coaster_Fanatic Wrote:Does anyone know if Kings Dominion ever uses the Wave Pool next to Zoom Floom and Splash House? I haven't seen that thing open in over 5 years. Anyone think that they might remove it?

I think Big Wave Bay only operates on really crowded days. I haven't seen it open in the last few years either, but whenever I've been in WaterWorks in the last few years it has been a weekday.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
10-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Yes, on busy days - mainly Saturdays that I've seen.

I Have No Homeboy.
10-25-2012, 09:47 AM
It stinks that most days that the water park is open, only the little wave pool with its little waves opens with it. I guess they could have opened the bigger one and put trims on the wave machine instead. :-P I'd expect something called Tidal Wave Bay to give us the 9-foot waves from Mt. Olympus. :-D

04-22-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: Official Water Works Topic
While trying to plan my possible upcoming trip, I'm trying to determine which water slides would be appropriate for my family. But there's one question I can't find an answer to. Is Baja Bends a body slide or a tube slide or a mat slide? I'm hoping it uses a mat or tube...I'm not as fond of body slides and it seems Water Works has several of those.
04-22-2013, 07:39 PM
(04-22-2013 05:34 PM)gardener14 Wrote:  While trying to plan my possible upcoming trip, I'm trying to determine which water slides would be appropriate for my family. But there's one question I can't find an answer to. Is Baja Bends a body slide or a tube slide or a mat slide? I'm hoping it uses a mat or tube...I'm not as fond of body slides and it seems Water Works has several of those.

Its a body slide.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. It's not what I wanted to hear, but the slides look like they might be fun anyway. I like calmer fun slides over some of the intense newer ones.
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Waterpark? What waterpark? I haven't seen the marketing department mention it anywhere. I was convinced that they removed it and accidentally left the page up on the website since all of the pictures are like 10 years old. What's up with this marketing department?

Dominion Downs: The best Kings Dominion blog
Dominion Downs now has twitter! Check it out on the blog!