Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Well we have a 2011 topic so now I wanted to extend it to 2012...I mean yes the world is supposed to end in December but it'd be nice to get a new coaster before we all die :roll:

Anyway any speculation for 2012 is welcome....i say a new woodie in place of Hurler...that may seem strange...but this is speculation....I can wish for whatever I'd like

King's Dominion is the best amusement park around, don't let anybody tell ya different
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Re: 2012
I am not expecting to see a coaster in 2012 after getting a 25 million dollar giga coaster in 2010.

I personally expect to see WaterWorks getting new attractions and much needed fixing up! It will be five years since the last WaterWorks expansion (2007) so thats why I'm predicting that. Maybe we will get a new water ride similar to STR maybe that could be reached from the regular park and WaterWorks?

Or as most of us keep wishing, we can still hope for a GIANT FRISBEE and other extreme flats... but I could see that happening in 2013 instead of 2012.

Then 2014 is finally our year again for a coaster! Big Grin
07-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Hrmmm... Good Question, kdisdabomb!

I would Love to see an expansion of Water Works, but then again I'd also LOVE to see a good GCI woodie get added to the coaster collection. Tongue

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
07-17-2010, 08:38 AM
If Kings Dominion has any sort of intelligence, they should expand WaterWorks to compete with the new Kalahari opening in Fredericksburg.

Currently Banned
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I know I am dreaming with the woodie but oh well its nice to speculate anyways...

Maybe they could put a ride in where the Asphalt Jungle is so that it isn't such a big empty space of patched up asphalt...frankly it looks like crap...

King's Dominion is the best amusement park around, don't let anybody tell ya different
07-17-2010, 02:11 PM
A Fast Pass system would be my ideal addition.
07-17-2010, 03:22 PM
kdisdabomb Wrote:I know I am dreaming with the woodie but oh well its nice to speculate anyways...

Maybe they could put a ride in where the Asphalt Jungle is so that it isn't such a big empty space of patched up asphalt...frankly it looks like crap...
If they're cool they'd bring back the train, tear down Hurler and make a station in the asphalt jungle and connect it to Waterworks.

Currently Banned
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't really mind what they do as long as Hurler leaves in the next 10 years to be frank....that was a huge mistake....

07-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Here are some things I would like them to do (not that they will actually do them):

They should remove Shockwave and put in a Giant Frisbee. It would be a perfect fit right there in the Grove. (I know shockwave isn't going anywhere though)

They should remove Hurler and put in an Intamin Pre-fab woodie, or an Intamin mega-lite, OR BOTH! haha that would be awesome

We could also still use a B&M Hyper, perhaps somewhere in Old VA.

I would be the happiest guy in the world if they actually did all that stuff! ^

I realize that all that stuff is probably never gonna happen though, and especially not by 2012 (except maybe the frisbee). So hopefully they will atleast do a water works expansion and paint some freakin rides for once. They SHOULD have some rides repainted by 2011 though.

If their not gonna remove Shockwave then they atleast need to repaint it with a new color scheme that doesn't look so god awful. The track should just be all one solid color and the supports another color. Anaconda badly needs to be repainted, too. They need to just paint it all one solid color like black or the original dark green or something. I can't stand how tacky it looks having two red steel coasters right next to each other, especially when one is badly faded and looks obviously 20 years older than the other. Rebell Yell also needs to be repainted, it looks terrible in some parts, especially around the station. It doesn't take much to please me but atleast paint your freakin rides and make em look nice. Thats what I love about Busch Gardens, their rides always look good. Even Loch Ness looks like it's brand new this year. Big Grin
07-22-2010, 11:44 AM
can we get through 2011 first? im pretty sure that'll help us.

Airtime is my anti-drug
07-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Ok KD needs a new quality flat. I think it would be nice to have a giant frisbee where shockwave would be if it were removed. They also need touching up or a waterpark expnsion. They could also get a shoot the rapids kind ride too. I also think a hyper would be nice. I wish all of this could happen.

IM PIGGY!
07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Topthrillbran that this topic was to specualte about 2012 which doesn't mean 2011 has to come yet....its just what we think or want to happen no harm there....but I wouldn't want a hyper....BGE has one...

07-22-2010, 07:00 PM
IMO, when and if they ever remove Shockwave they need to put a Giant Frisbee on the Carousel end, and expand Planet Snoopy on the Peanuts Showplace end. They could connect the new Planet Snoopy area by a path placed by Flying Ace.
07-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I would rather see a Giant Frisbee in the former Hypersonic spot, themed to a 50's theme, then they could separate that area into a 50's or 60's area which would fit well with the Restaurant and El Dorado.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
07-25-2010, 06:41 PM
KDFAN Wrote:I would rather see a Giant Frisbee in the former Hypersonic spot, themed to a 50's theme, then they could separate that area into a 50's or 60's area which would fit well with the Restaurant and El Dorado.

Although I detest most oldies music and don't like hearing it in the park ( :-) ), the 50s and 60s were wildly different from each other. The diner and El Dorado match 50s better than 60s.

I do like your idea though, just thought I should point out that the decades were pretty different.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).