Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kings Dominion Employee Arrested
08-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Kings Dominion Employee Arrested
HANOVER - A Kings Dominion worker has been arrested after being accused of inappropriately touching a child.

21-year-old Dong Wang is charged with aggravated sexual battery in connection with the incident, which happened several weeks ago at the theme park.

Investigators tell CBS 6 they charged Wang after receiving a call from a Tennessee man who claimed his 8-year-old was inappropriately touched. It's unclear what exactly happened, but Wang's lawyer, Steve Coleman, says surveillance video shows his client lifting the child up onto a rail to help him play a game. Coleman tells CBS 6 the video also shows the 8-year-old kissing Wang on the cheek.

Coleman says he believes the charge Wang is facing is too severe. He is working with the Commonwealth's Attorney's office to try and get the charge reduced.

Wang, who is a foreign exchange student from China, is currently being held at the Pamunkey Regional Jail.

CBS 6 reached out to Kings Dominion for a comment, but a park spokesman referred us to Hanover Commonwealth's Attorney Tripp Chalkley. When we went to Chalkey's office Wednesday, we were told he was not immediately available for comment.

Article + Video

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Re: Kings Dominion Employee Arrested
Wow. It seems suspicious that the family waited several weeks to report this. Why in the world would you not report this to the park/security/local police the day it happend?

Next thing you know, an employee will get charged for grabbing the lapbar while "checking" the restraints on a coaster.
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah I saw this today. What is he arrested for? Picking him up or the kid kissing him? I have to say I really don't see what he did wrong...inless there is more to the story.

I Have No Homeboy.
08-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Leave it up to KD to hire a creeper...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I knew a comment like this was bound to come from you LCG...

(Trying to keep mouth shut...)
08-20-2010, 10:54 AM
looks like this has been going on a lot lately at different places. I would say to the parent to help your kid out playing a game rather than leave it up to the park employee then accuse him of assaulting your kid. Doesn't make any sense!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Why did it take "several weeks" to file the complaint, if it happened wouldn't he immediately contact police/park security etc...

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
08-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Leave it up to you to make such an arrogant comment LCG
08-21-2010, 04:10 AM
KDFAN Wrote:Why did it take "several weeks" to file the complaint, if it happened wouldn't he immediately contact police/park security etc...

That's the same question I want to know. Now if I was the childs father I would have been right next to my child and encouraged the child to play the game, not away from the view. Second of all, The associate was helping the kid win the game and for some odd reason ( I wouldn't say odd due to other countries customs) the kid kissed the associate on the cheek. Seriously, yeah in Arabic countries men do kiss on both cheeks. That is costom. So I really don't know the whole detail about the scene nor I havent watch the survallence about what really did happen but IMO the worker didn't mean any harm.
As for the father of the boy he should have stayed with him at all times. Now if there were a problem like that he should have reported to officals first thing and not wait to get back home to Tennessee and wait another few weeks to report the situation. The father needs to drop all charges and let that man have his life back...my two cents.
08-21-2010, 07:08 AM
+ 1. I really don't get this at al...

I Have No Homeboy.
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
This looks like yet another unnecessary case brought on by someone in our lawsuit-happy culture. They seriously sent Dong to jail? And he's still there? I didn't see the video, but as far as I can tell from what I've read, there was no crime!

If that's true, throw that father in jail for a few days. I hope this doesn't hurt Dong's prospects of getting a job when he graduates. But, having spent a lot of time in the past several years filling out job applications, I know that just about all of them ask for criminal history and past arrests.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
08-21-2010, 12:41 PM
HANOVER - Update: 8/20/10- 10:00 p.m.

A Kings Dominion worker, accused of inappropriately touching a child at the theme park, says the whole ordeal is just a misunderstanding.

In a 14 page letter sent to CBS 6, Dong Wang says he only touched the child to lift him up and help him play a game. The letter also acknowledges that the 8-year-old boy kissed Wang on the cheek after Wang told him to. Wang says that is a sign of good luck in China, where he is from.

Wang says he is looking to prove his innocence and doesn't want a criminal record. CBS 6 legal analyst Todd Stone tells us that may depend upon what's on the tape. Stone says that tape is key. He believes if the Wang's actions don't look malicious, the charges may be dropped.

Be sure to stay with CBS 6 for updates on this developing story.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-kings-domi...6403.story

I Have No Homeboy.
08-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Leave the poor Chinese man alone....really I don't think he meant any harm at all and sure the tape is important.....but I guess kissing the boy wasn't good luck for him
08-22-2010, 09:28 AM
^ The boy kissed him. He didn't kiss the boy.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).