Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Official Hypersonic XLC Topic
08-27-2010, 10:52 PM
The Official Hypersonic XLC Topic
Alright people, I've got some goodies for you. Today concerning the fallen coaster Hypersonic XLC. First off, I've got an animation that was released in 2000 when Hypersonic was first announced.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT9gXWvV_0w[/youtube]

Also, I've managed to dig out the Hypersonic page from the Kings Dominion website.
Hypersonic XLC: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kingsdominion.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=99">http://www.kingsdominion.com/attraction ... m?ai_id=99</a><!-- m -->

I'll see if I can dig anything else out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Re: Hypersonic XLC
XLC was awesome! Too bad it was costly and a maintenance struggle! Afterall, its ACCERLERATION was quicker that TTD! :o XLC was one of very few rides that scares/scared me every single time I ride/rode (launch countdown)!
Find all posts by this user
08-28-2010, 08:20 AM
This was one of my favorite rides! Thanks for posting!

I Have No Homeboy.
08-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Re: The Official Hypersonic XLC Topic
I think it was ok, well..the first time I rode it, I was speechless...never accelerated that fast in my life!!! But, as far as the long waits and breakdowns it was just out the door for me.

SN: and I actually was working the ride photos the day one of the supports popped out the ground, it was insane. It was closed for a while after that.

08-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow, Tony - I didn't even know that happened!

I Have No Homeboy.
08-28-2010, 12:57 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:XLC was awesome! Too bad it was costly and a maintenance struggle! Afterall, its ACCERLERATION was quicker that TTD! :o XLC was one of very few rides that scares/scared me every single time I ride/rode (launch countdown)!
I remember going to the park in 2007 and walking up to the ride, but it was time for the park to close. I told my friend we would ride it next year, but then it was gone. I probably wouldn't have ridden it anyways lol.

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:This was one of my favorite rides! Thanks for posting!
Your welcome.

kDfReAk Wrote:I think it was ok, well..the first time I rode it, I was speechless...never accelerated that fast in my life!!! But, as far as the long waits and breakdowns it was just out the door for me.

SN: and I actually was working the ride photos the day one of the supports popped out the ground, it was insane. It was closed for a while after that.
That's crazy. But when you think about it, those got a lot more pressure packed on 'em then other rides.
08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Wish I would've gotten brave enough to ride it but I listened to my stupid ex lol :lol: . I was so stoked when I went back in 06 to ride it then he chickened out and I'm emetophobic (phobia of vomiting, But I loooove coasters weird I know) and he played on that fear and convinced me that it would make me sick. He didn't want to admit that he was too scared so made me too scared. Oh well.

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half a**ed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson
08-30-2010, 05:55 PM
They really need to bring that back... either that or build a B&M ride, the best would be an inverted type.. But hypersonic was different, and sooooo high tec! It brought so many people to the park!
08-30-2010, 05:57 PM
They've probably melted Hypersonic down and turned it into bleachers or whatever it is they do with scrap metal.

I Have No Homeboy.
09-03-2010, 02:09 AM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:They've probably melted Hypersonic down and turned it into bleachers or whatever it is they do with scrap metal.
I would pay for a peice of hypersonic scrap metal. lol
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Reece Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:They've probably melted Hypersonic down and turned it into bleachers or whatever it is they do with scrap metal.
I would pay for a peice of hypersonic scrap metal. lol

I would have too!

I Have No Homeboy.
09-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Good riddance....

And you can still see pieces of XLC when you ride hurler. Look over the trees to the left. Its really rusty.

Airtime is my anti-drug
09-04-2010, 04:54 PM
topthrillbran Wrote:Good riddance....

And you can still see pieces of XLC when you ride hurler. Look over the trees to the left. Its really rusty.

They sold it to a scrap metal company already, it has been melted down.... parts of it our being used in the metal industry.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
09-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah I was about to say that Adam beat me to it.

I Have No Homeboy.
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
you guys sure ALL of it was? I swear on my life everytime I ride Hurler, I can still see pieces of XLC. I look EVERY time.

Airtime is my anti-drug