• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
11-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
[Image: Picture+30.png]
[b]*NOTE - this may not be the logo, it is Carowind's version

Quote:New for 2011!
Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular!

America’s favorite Beagle, Snoopy, will light up the nights in 2011 at Kings Dominion
with “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular,” a million dollar nighttime walk-through light and
sound experience featuring Snoopy and the PEANUTS™ gang.

Designed using a dazzling mixture of low energy and high efficiency LED lighting,
this immersive light and sound spectacular will be located along the park’s center
walkway, from the Eiffel Tower to The Grove area, and features more than a one million
LED lights adorned from the trees and the Eiffel Tower. The entire experience will be
accented by vibrant animated and stationary light displays, vivid theatrical lighting and

other cutting edge special effects, all orchestrated to a custom designed audio soundtrack.

Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular will begin to dazzle June 18, 2011 and will run every
night of Kings Dominion’s 2011 season when the park is open until 10pm.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Re: New for 2011! Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular!
Seems to cover a very small area huh... that's to bad.... :|

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-23-2010, 07:15 AM
coasterboysfne Wrote:Seems to cover a very small area huh... that's to bad.... :|

Not really a small area if you think about it. There is a lot of area from the Eiffel Tower to the Carousel. Picture a lot of the trees and bushes covered in lights in this area that is completely dead now. This is a much larger area than used at Kings Island for their Starlight Spectacular.
11-23-2010, 08:34 AM
gooseKDfan Wrote:
coasterboysfne Wrote:Seems to cover a very small area huh... that's to bad.... :|

Not really a small area if you think about it. There is a lot of area from the Eiffel Tower to the Carousel. Picture a lot of the trees and bushes covered in lights in this area that is completely dead now. This is a much larger area than used at Kings Island for their Starlight Spectacular.

I was just thinking compared to cedar point I guess.. That is the only one I have seen...

Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
11-23-2010, 11:47 AM
This will be a good addition to the park atmosphere, though it wasn't as big as I was expecting at King's Island. I didn't get to see all of it there because we wanted to ride The Beast at night.

Anyway, the kids will love this addition!! (and all Snoopy fans...)
11-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I really hope they extend it into the plant tunnel! That would be awesome! KD do you hear me?

11-23-2010, 04:44 PM
KDFAN Wrote:I really hope they extend it into the plant tunnel! That would be awesome! KD do you hear me?

That would be really awesome!
11-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Alright, according to the press release, it sounds like Starlight will take up this area.
[Image: starlightchart.png]
I would love to see it go around the carousel and into the Plant Tunnel, possibly into Old Virginia. Anyhow, I am actually really excited for this. I just wish it took up more than that one midway.
11-23-2010, 09:34 PM
On In The Loop CLint said something about The Grove, I had gotten a text message when he said it so I didnt fully hear it, but I am hoping he said that it will expand out to The Grove

Team Classy #1!
11-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Another thing to consider, is that if it proves to be popular they can always extend it, I know Cedar Point planned/plans? on doing that.

11-24-2010, 12:17 AM
KDFAN Wrote:Another thing to consider, is that if it proves to be popular they can always extend it, I know Cedar Point planned/plans? on doing that.

Unfortunately, Cedar point does not maintain their starlight experience... I went the first year and it was pretty amazing.. This past summer it looked like the lights had stayed up all winter and alot of the strands of lights were not working and alot of effects were not working properly.. :|

11-24-2010, 10:55 AM
coasterboysfne Wrote:Unfortunately, Cedar point does not maintain their starlight experience... I went the first year and it was pretty amazing.. This past summer it looked like the lights had stayed up all winter and alot of the strands of lights were not working and alot of effects were not working properly.. :|

I agree, Cedar Point's Starlight Experience seemed run down when I was there in July. Unfortunately it seems that most parks do not take care of their attractions, probably because of the cost involved. They spend a lot of money to install new attractions and hype them to get people to the park, but stop caring after the first season.
11-24-2010, 12:36 PM
KDFAN Wrote:I really hope they extend it into the plant tunnel! That would be awesome! KD do you hear me?

Nahh but what they do need to do there is bring back the lights on the roof of the vine tunnel.
11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:

Nahh but what they do need to do there is bring back the lights on the roof of the vine tunnel.

There are small christmas type lights that line the inside of the tunnel....

12-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Re: Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
The lights in the trees at Kings Island were nice, but the rest of it is just tacky. Giant, hideous light up flat peanuts characters, ugly stars sitting on the ground and junky giant flower pots. Plus they darken the down lightning of the Eiffel Tower to uplight it in different colors, but only on the back side of the tower. All in all thats about a C attraction. The tacky junk takes away from the nice lights. Plus at Kings Island when it rained half the lights didn't come on!