Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
12-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Re: Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
Trees are marked all the way around the tower and down Central walkway. I would be very impressed if they use the tower it self.

Does KI use there tower? Does anyone know where there are pics of KI's stuff?

It may not be as big of an area as Cedar Point, but I think they could fit a lot more in that small area and really make it look amazing.

Biggest issue I have with Cedar Point is I dont think they touched the lights from the first year to the second. There were a lot of lights out when we went up in Aug. It did not look good. So if KD can upkeep it better then I think this will look very cool

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2010, 12:05 AM
I found this. But it starts to make me dizzy towards the end.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Ko-2GFhSc&feature=related[/youtube]

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2010, 12:18 AM
If we get the same tower effects then that alone would be worth it!

12-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Clint Novak Wrote:If we get the same tower effects then that alone would be worth it!
I was at KI in July. While the trees and all the other lights were neat, the Eiffel Tower was awesome! The video does not do it justice. The tower lights change color every ten seconds or so. I really hope KD gets the same lights on the tower. The only thing that would make KI's tower better is if the lights were on all sides, only one side is lit up.
12-20-2010, 11:18 PM
The lighting effects on the tower is amazing Big Grin ... Other than that, some of those lights were kind of too much.. but hey, it's snoopy's starlight specatacular, its supposed to be a whole bunch of lights i guess...

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]
12-21-2010, 07:37 PM
gooseKDfan Wrote:
Clint Novak Wrote:If we get the same tower effects then that alone would be worth it!
I was at KI in July. While the trees and all the other lights were neat, the Eiffel Tower was awesome! The video does not do it justice. The tower lights change color every ten seconds or so. I really hope KD gets the same lights on the tower. The only thing that would make KI's tower better is if the lights were on all sides, only one side is lit up.

Speaking of which, I wish they'd also have changing lights on the two big supports of I305. Millennium Force looks striking at night.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
cygnusx1 Wrote:
gooseKDfan Wrote:

Speaking of which, I wish they'd also have changing lights on the two big supports of I305. Millennium Force looks striking at night.

Because Millenium Force is placed right along the lake it's Ideal to put an expensive lighting package on it.. Although I305 is not seen from afar.. It is tucked away and you cannot really see it from anywhere in the park.. It makes sence to just have the chasers along the lift hill instead of the lights that shine at the supports...

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
12-21-2010, 08:48 PM
coasterboysfne Wrote:Because Millenium Force is placed right along the lake it's Ideal to put an expensive lighting package on it.. Although I305 is not seen from afar.. It is tucked away and you cannot really see it from anywhere in the park.. It makes sence to just have the chasers along the lift hill instead of the lights that shine at the supports...
with the Eiffel Tower visible from I-95, hopefully they will light up more than one side for Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular. Think of how many people driving by would notice the lights.
12-23-2010, 08:55 PM
I personaly love the night rides on I305 and would not like lights put out there. Better in the dark!

I really think it would be amazing and worth it to have a light package on the Effile tower. I really hope that they can keep the lights on the tower all season. Red during Halloween! I think it would look amazing!

12-23-2010, 10:27 PM
^Red with the eyes would look cool

Team Classy #1!
12-24-2010, 05:02 AM
Clint Novak Wrote:I really think it would be amazing and worth it to have a light package on the Effile tower. I really hope that they can keep the lights on the tower all season. Red during Halloween! I think it would look amazing!
that would be cool, and would continue getting people's attention as they drive by on I95.
12-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Anyone know if KI used there's after SSS was done?

02-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Two videos from Kings Island:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnyspXM67ko&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRb9rBnZ1l4[/youtube]

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
That would be cool to have red lights shining upon the Effile Tower but I think they should put red lights on all the rides and roller coasters at KD during Halloween Haunt also during the summer have the lights change different colors every 10 seconds or so. But does anyone know what will happen to the lights during Halloween Haunt at KD?

HALLOWEEN HAUNT IS ALMOST HERE!! THIS YEAR, THE IS MORE TO FEAR!!!
06-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Opens 6/18/11!
[Image: sss_lg.jpg]

Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular opens up SATURDAY, June 18th. KD has posted a contest on their Facebook page for you to have the chance to click the switch for the lights, a 4 pack of park tickets, and a free parking pass. To enter to win "flip the switch" check out KD's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/kingsdominion...0053894367 for more details on how to win. On the same day of the grand opening is KD's annual Hurlfest, you can find info on that here http://www.kdfansite.com/forums/viewtopi...=16&t=1896.

For the latest Starlight Spectacular testing pictures, check out the construction album on KD's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?se...2237381874.

For a quick update at the park showing off "Saddle Up!" KD's newest outdoor show at the Peanuts Showplace, construction of Starlight Spectacular, and the moon tree watch Coaster Crew's latest video. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pPjnaP3sCg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Personally, I think we MIGHT just have the BEST looking Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular IMHO but can't say so until I see the finished product. I think it is great how it has it's our area without any of attractions where as most of the Starlight Spectacular's (or Experience's) are plopped down in the middle of a random section of the park. I also love how the comic book strips are only on Center Walkway and the huge characters only around the Eiffel Tower, this makes ours seem very organized and much less organized. I can't wait to see it completed and lit up at night...

Just to summarize... the 1.2 millon lights Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular opens up on June 18th! :mrgreen: