Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
06-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Re: Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
Sadly I can't make it June 18, but I AM going June 19 for Father's Day so I will see it then. It's gonna be great...CAN'T WAIT! 8)

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2011, 07:28 PM
I hope someone posts pics of SSS tonight. Could not make it this weekend because of work, but dying to know how it looks!
Find all posts by this user
06-18-2011, 09:07 PM
A friend at the park now just took this.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  264332_2135117023636_1417396233_2532041_4131825_n.jpg (Size: 64.59 KB / Downloads: 346)

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
06-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I would REALLY appreciate any videos and/or pictures that any of you get! :mrgreen:
06-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I had a chance to be there last night to see it. Amazing show I hope everyone gets out and experiences it.

I am happy with life
06-19-2011, 02:35 PM
This was incredible!

Team Classy #1!
06-19-2011, 04:39 PM
3 words.... AH MAZE ING! :lol:

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
06-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I was there tonight. It's okay. I even paid the 2 bucks for the 3-D glasses, but I didn't see any difference with out them.
[Image: 2nsrjgo.jpg]
[Image: xde5b5.jpg]
[Image: nrj9x.jpg]

06-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Awesome pictures! Thanks for posting! I will be there tomorrow night!

I Have No Homeboy.
06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Pictures don't do it justice. It is just a bunch of purty lights, but taken to the point it's slightly overwhelming, and that aspect isn't captured. I only saw part of it and will have to decide more later, but it is very nice and certainly different than adding another coaster.

I305 ran during and after the 9:30 fireworks, are any rides affected?
06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
bill_s Wrote:I305 ran during and after the 9:30 fireworks, are any rides affected?
I was wondering about that too, but riding I-305 with the fireworks going off over your head is awesome. Big Grin Big Grin

06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Hey guys, went down to check out SSS last night, and I was pretty impressed by it. They definitely did a good job with everything in that area. Took some HD video for your viewing pleasure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EkpmiKVzN0[/youtube]

And if you want to enjoy some of the sunset/night time pictures I took in the park (a lot of them turned out REALLY well), just check out my trip report from TPR. I really don't feel like double posting the report.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58021&p=1052687#p1052555">http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 7#p1052555</a><!-- m -->
06-23-2011, 02:24 PM
As I posted on TPR:

Thanks for the pictures and video! I really like the atmosphere of the whole park at night... and especially being able to see pictures of it since not many people take pictures at night.

I know I've said this before in another thread, but I seriously think that KD might just have one of the best (if not the best) Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular. The other ones just seem sooooo "random" and just plopped down in a random section of the park, but KD's isn't like that at all. I thought the other ones were very cool for the lights, but when you looked at the details of them it kind of had you going "wtf?" with the odd theming and sections of the show. KD's is very nicely planned out and organized how they put it only around the inner base of the Eiffel Tower and on Center Walkway. The giant characters are only around the base of the Eiffel Tower and the giant comic strips are only on Center Walkway. The whole area is strictly just for the Eiffel Tower and the light show, nothing else is in the way which makes it feel like it is an attraction of it's own how it should be. Plus, the way the lights go to music with the canopy of trees is pretty awesome as well!
06-23-2011, 03:44 PM
^^thanks for the video of SSS and the pics on TPR. SSS looks awesome! Is the Eiffel Tower lit up on all sides (looks like it is from the pics)? When I was at KI last year theirs was only lit on the backside which seemed odd. I think I will take my son tomorrow evening to check it out myself!
06-23-2011, 04:38 PM
^It's all sides. Working at Planet Snoopy, I get to see the show every night, and I have to say KD really went all out for this thing, and it looks really good. Spoke to a family who's home park was Cedar Point, and they said that KD's was better. Thought that was interesting coming from someone like that...

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...