Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
06-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Re: Official Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular Thread
^I got to see SSS at Kings Island and Cedar Point last summer and Cedar Points was a disappointment after seeing the one at KI. From what I see here ours may be better than KI's, but I will wait to see it for myself before I make that call. I am also going to Carowinds next month so I will get to compare theirs as well!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I liked the flow of Cedar Point's with the seasons back when it opened... It was unique and the seasons were separated well. It really added something to the Frontier Trail path that didn't have any rides.

Knott's Berry Farm's takes up their whole Camp Snoopy and each little "area" has it's own theme but it's in the Snoopy section of the park so it all makes sense. I haven't seen it in person, but have seen plenty of pictures, videos, ect.

KI's just seemed way too random! There were sections of it with big flowers, big stars, baseball, ect. ? I get it's "summer" themed but it just seemed tacky to me... I also didn't like the "Charlie Brown Shirt" pattern on the tower.

I haven't seen Carowinds in person yet, but I really don't like the idea how it's plopped down in the southern half of the Carolina RFD. The location is random and it is like KI's with the random themed sections of flowers, American, baseball, ect. ? Theirs would have been great in their Planet Snoopy or atleast if it filled up a whole section of a park and not half.

KD's is very nicely planned out and organized how they put it only around the inner base of the Eiffel Tower and on Center Walkway. The giant characters are only around the base of the Eiffel Tower and the giant comic strips are only on Center Walkway. The whole area is strictly just for the Eiffel Tower and the light show, nothing else is in the way which makes it feel like it is an attraction of it's own how it should be.

Basically, I like KD's, CP's, and Knott's. I think KI's and Carowinds' could have been set up and thought out better though...
06-23-2011, 09:23 PM
^Carowinds just had to pick the most wooded area of the park, and that's not really that easy to do.
06-23-2011, 11:15 PM
P. Snoop Wrote:^It's all sides. Working at Planet Snoopy, I get to see the show every night, and I have to say KD really went all out for this thing, and it looks really good. Spoke to a family who's home park was Cedar Point, and they said that KD's was better. Thought that was interesting coming from someone like that...

I will say that Cedar Points used to be better than KD's but Cedar point fails to maintain it and many strands of lights are out. Cedar Points also do not dance to a soundtrack but mearly just flash randomly.. Cedar Points is much bigger and follows along a trail and the theme changes for different holidays and seasons.. ie: Easter, 4th of July, Halloween... So at first IMO Cedar points was better, But not anymore.

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2011, 04:13 AM
^unfortunately Cedar Fair parks do this way too often, install something new and then fail to maintain it. How hard would it be to occasionally check for unlit strands and replace them? I hope KD does a better job maintaining theirs, but I expect it will be in a similar condition in a few seasons.
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
gooseKDfan Wrote:^unfortunately Cedar Fair parks do this way too often, install something new and then fail to maintain it. How hard would it be to occasionally check for unlit strands and replace them? I hope KD does a better job maintaining theirs, but I expect it will be in a similar condition in a few seasons.

In cedar fairs defense... The squirrels seem to be a huge problem at all the parks with this attraction.. They chew thru the light strand wires during the day...

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Went to KD to see SSS tonight and the jury is in. Absolutely fantastic! KD did a tremendous job improving on the other SSS in operation at other parks. They really hit a grand slam! There is not one thing I can think of to make it better. The lights all around the Eiffel Tower circle are quite the improvement over KI. The modern music being played on center walkway is great. The light scheme on the Eiffel Tower is awesome! What an improvement over KI's Eiffel Tower! The lighting on all sided of E.T. is great and the lights on the top are such a nice addition! It really feels like KD was designed from the beginning with SSS in mind. Great Job!
06-25-2011, 03:40 PM
This looks amazing on video! I cant wait to see it at the park!

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
07-13-2011, 08:10 PM
After seeing SSS at Carowinds yesterday, I am pleased to report that KD has them beat. I actually like the location they picked, in the Carolina RFD section, even though they really had no choice because no other area of the park has enough trees. Theirs seems to take up more real estate than KDs, but it is more spread out because of the rides and buildings in the area. I really like how the one at KD has its own, dedicated area with no distractions. So after seeing SSS at 4 parks, here is how I rank them:
1) Kings Dominion
2) Carowinds
3) Kings Island
4) Cedar Point
07-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know why Kings Dominion took their SSS video off their Youtube page?

07-21-2011, 01:43 PM
gooseKDfan Wrote:After seeing SSS at Carowinds yesterday, I am pleased to report that KD has them beat. I actually like the location they picked, in the Carolina RFD section, even though they really had no choice because no other area of the park has enough trees. Theirs seems to take up more real estate than KDs, but it is more spread out because of the rides and buildings in the area. I really like how the one at KD has its own, dedicated area with no distractions. So after seeing SSS at 4 parks, here is how I rank them:
1) Kings Dominion
2) Carowinds
3) Kings Island
4) Cedar Point
Look up a video to Canada's Wonderland's SSS. They have everyone beat by a mile.
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM
^ Just by videos and pictures, yes they do. That is almost Disney quality...
07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
This is awesome!

07-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Last week, I was riding the Drop Tower when the lights turned on. We were about half way up and it was really cool looking. I couldn't stop looking, but my attention was deterred when it dropped. Big Grin

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
07-26-2011, 10:06 PM
This doesn't look that good during the day time...