Poll: Will the new paint and other improvements add years to the Shockwave?
1. Yes, but not many.
2. Yes, many more to come.
3. No, Big Bad Wolf ring a bell?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Shockwave Topic
03-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Re: Official Shockwave Topic
P. Snoop Wrote:^Because they are employees, they are contractually obligated not to tell any of this nature to the public. Everyone will find out in time, it's really not going to hurt anyone not knowing the color(s) of the ride.

Its a color(s)... which can be seen from outside of the park...

It is not like you are telling us the park plans for 2012 and beyond! Haha. :lol:

Oh, and this doesn't seem as secretive as this (see below), since it can be seen only inside the park unlike Shockwave's colors...

Quote:...talk about The Grove! its going threw a facelift at the moment. When I was at the park the other day Grove was getting some love! Shocwaves new paint, new paint on buildings, Wave Swinger was being fixed up.

But the most big new thing I saw was new Flower Planters being added to Grove, Two new huge ones are now in front of Dodgems and one right beside that infrot of the bball hoop game next to ski ball. They are huge round planters made of stone that are now filling a once nothing space.

Just saying... Not trying to start a fight or be annoying...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2011, 05:26 PM
smooth3242 Wrote:
P. Snoop Wrote:^Because they are employees, they are contractually obligated not to tell any of this nature to the public. Everyone will find out in time, it's really not going to hurt anyone not knowing the color(s) of the ride.
And it's kind of funny to tease kdfansite and make them full of anticpation on opening day Big Grin ... It's are job lol :lol:

hahaha it must be a blast working at KD

bgentwsox is BACK...if anyone actually cared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=fvst
03-14-2011, 05:29 PM
^Yeah I understand you make a valid point, but technically we're still not allowed to talk about it. Luckily, the color can be seen from outside the park, so maybe someone who lives close to the park (besides me) would be gracious enough to take a picture... not sure of the progress they've made on it as of now. And concerning the other post, well let's just say I wouldn't have posted that... KYLE

But again Alex4hokies, you do make a valid point, but it's the principle of the thing. I'm sorry.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
P. Snoop Wrote:^Yeah I understand you make a valid point, but technically we're still not allowed to talk about it. Luckily, the color can be seen from outside the park, so maybe someone who lives close to the park (besides me) would be gracious enough to take a picture... not sure of the progress they've made on it as of now. And concerning the other post, well let's just say I wouldn't have posted that... KYLE

But again Alex4hokies, you do make a valid point, but it's the principle of the thing. I'm sorry.

TRAVIS

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM

True but given the color descriptions of green track & teal supposrts & looking at CF's history of using this color combination on other coasters in the chain I think it's a safe guess to say that they used the Raptor color scheme for shockwave.

Raptor & Hydra are the only two coasters in the CF chain that have green track/teal supports....just remembered that Wild thing at VF also uses that color scheme as well.Anyhow it'll be a welcome change from the colors that have made the ride look like such an eyesore over the last ten years.
03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Here is a picture of the new paint

[Image: 188611_184767834901209_110782572299736_4...6970_n.jpg]
[Image: 199523_184767848234541_110782572299736_4...0644_n.jpg]

[Image: rl_107900.jpg]
03-16-2011, 05:32 PM
^WOAH! I was wrong.... I was told Deja Vu colors.... Thats more along the lines of KDCOASTERFAN's Green and Teal description

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
nice colors! thanks for the update!
03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures! :mrgreen: Took a lot of zooming!

I know many will probably disagree, but I love the new colors! They won't fade anywhere near as bad as the neon puke colors did. The green and teal will go well in the Grove and it is something unique for Kings Dominion! I can't wait to see the station painted... because it looked rediculous with the neon colors.
03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:...I can't wait to see the station painted... because it looked rediculous with the neon colors.
oooo yeah, I forgot that they'll most likely have to repaint that also. Will be interesting to see how that turns out. I was one of the very few people who didn't mind the "neon puke colors" lol It was very... colorful & I got a happy go lucky feeling everytime I walked by it haha Tongue! But I'm also one of those people who rarely ever notices when a coaster needs a paint job so I guess that last statement isn't really saying much lol

I usually really, REALLY dislike the color teal on pretty much anything but for some reason it doesn't look that bad on shockwave.

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Op
03-16-2011, 10:39 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:Thanks for posting the pictures! :mrgreen: Took a lot of zooming!

I know many will probably disagree, but I love the new colors! They won't fade anywhere near as bad as the neon puke colors did. The green and teal will go well in the Grove and it is something unique for Kings Dominion! I can't wait to see the station painted... because it looked rediculous with the neon colors.
I'm with ya! I like it as well !

I Have No Homeboy.
03-16-2011, 10:59 PM
looks great! totally underrated ride.
03-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Does anyone else get major air over the 2nd hill in the front seat?? Only thing that gets me to keep ridin this thing.

Airtime is my anti-drug
03-17-2011, 07:43 AM
They only painted it green for St Patricks Day! It will be hot pink and neon yello by opening day...

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
03-17-2011, 04:44 PM
topthrillbran Wrote:Does anyone else get major air over the 2nd hill in the front seat?? Only thing that gets me to keep ridin this thing.
Yeah i get a ton of air over that hill but after that the ride destroys me haha. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/iheartcoastersvids

check out my channel!!!!!