Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Updated Dress Code and Park Policies
03-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Updated Dress Code and Park Policies
The park has recently updated their dress code. Please read over the following before you visit again.

Quote:KINGS DOMINIION RULES & REGULATIONS
The management of Kings Dominion has adopted and enforces specific rules that are necessary to maintain the type of safe, secure, and wholesome environment that our guests expect. We hope your stay with us today is enjoyable and we appreciate your compliance with the rules and regulations established. Violation of any of these rules may result in ejection from Kings Dominion property and/or legal prosecution.

NOT PERMITTED[list]

[*]Line jumping, saving a place in line for someone, or any other activity within ride queue lines that may be disruptive or annoying to other guests or hinder a safe operation. Kings Dominion definition of line jumping is as follows: a) cutting in front of another guest already waiting in line, b) leaving a line, then attempting to re-enter at any area in the line other than the beginning. This includes using the restroom and purchasing food/drink.
[*]Violation of any ride or attraction safety rule or committing any unsafe act as determined by Kings Dominion management. Virginia law prohibits guests from disobeying ride rules or committing unsafe acts while riding an amusement device.
[*]Entering into areas of the Park that are considered restricted or behind-the-scenes as determined by Kings Dominion management.
[*]Weapons of any kind. For everyone’s safety, guests entering Kings Dominion will be asked to pass through a metal detection system. You may also be asked to open purses, backpacks, and other bags. Failure to comply with this request will result in denial of Park admission.
[*]Bringing fireworks or incendiary devices onto Park property.
[*]Bringing alcoholic beverages onto Park property, including the parking lots. [*]Persons possessing or under the influence of drugs or alcohol are subject to ejection from Kings Dominion property and prosecution. Drugs or alcohol brought onto Park property are subject to confiscation.
[*]Any person or group who interferes with normal Park operation or is disruptive in nature or causes unnecessary inconvenience or annoyance to other Park guests.
[*]Wearing or displaying attire that is determined by Kings Dominion management to be inappropriate, offensive or threatening to other Park guests. Management reserves the right to direct guests in violation of the clothing policy to change or cover the clothing. Failure to comply could lead to ejection from park property.
[*]Use of profane language or obscene gestures.
[*]Willful defacing or destruction of Park property.
[*]Disrupting the normal course of any show or performance with excessive noise or inappropriate activity.
[*]Bringing food/beverages into the Park.
[*]Solicitation or distribution of material of any kind on Park property.
[*]The re-sale of tickets or coupons.
[*]Bringing pets into the Park (exception: Guide Dogs). A kennel is provided in the Guest Parking Lot across from the Group Sales building..
[*]Bringing into the Park any portable large radio, boom boxes or any other device determined by management to be disruptive or inappropriate..
[*]Running or excessive horseplay in the Park unless in conjunction with an approved park competition or festival.
[*]Removing coins from fountains or lagoons, larceny of any nature, or cheating at games.
[*]Using cameras or recording devices where signs or announcements prohibit their use.
[*]Roller blades, skates and “heelies”.

ADDITIONAL PARK POLICIES
[*]To ensure public safety, you may be asked to display the contents of any package, parcel or item in your possession. Admission to the park may be denied if you do not comply.
[*]For safety reasons, some attractions will be temporarily shut down during severe weather.
[*]For safety reasons, some riders may be restricted from riding certain attractions because of their height or physical limitations. Due to the seating devices on certain rides, large guests may not be able to ride.
[*]Video, still photo cameras as well as any other loose objects are not allowed on attractions.
[*]Kings Dominion cannot be responsible for theft or damage to your vehicle while it is on Park property.
[*]Kings Dominion cannot assume responsibility for personal articles left in or around the park.
[*]Vehicles determined by Park management to be public safety risks, or parked in such a manner as to impede normal Park traffic flow or normal parking methods are subject to tow at owner’s expense.
[*]Games in the Park may have limits on the number of prizes that may be won. There are limits per day and per season.
[*]Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. Please consult the park map or guest relations for a list of designated areas.

DRESS CODE

In keeping with the family friendly image of Kings Dominion, guests must wear appropriate clothing while visiting the park. Clothing with profane or offensive gestures or statements is not permitted. Kings Dominion reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone not properly dressed. Additionally, failure to follow the dress code policy is cause for dismissal from the park without a refund. This policy applies to all guests with the exception of infants.

Theme Park:
Proper attire must be worn at all times including shirts, bottoms (shorts, pants, skirt, etc) and appropriate footwear. Bikini & Bathing Suit style tops and bottoms must be fully covered at all times. Shorts/pants must be worn so as to show no more than the waistband of ones undergarments. Shirts with buttons must be buttoned up. Costumes are not permitted and will be refused admission with the exception of those under 12 years old during Halloween Haunt.

Waterpark: In WaterWorks, see-through swimsuits and suits that are too revealing such as thong type swimsuits are not permitted. Clothing with metal buckles, buttons, rivets, zippers, or any other sharp objects on the backs or sides will not be permitted on the body slides. Diaper dependent children are required to wear waterproof diaper covers. Guests are required to wear appropriate shoes, shirts, and bottoms (pants, skirts, shorts, etc.) when leaving WaterWorks.

WATERWORKS RULES AND REGULATIONS

[*]WaterWorks opening and operation subject to water temperature and quality standards.
[*]WaterWorks will close if inclement weather is in the surrounding area.
[*]Water activities may be limited by crowd size.
[*]Always follow lifeguard instructions.
[*]Smoking is only permitted in WaterWorks in designated areas (main entrance and Sharkey’s Patio).
[*]No solo swimming.
[*]No running.
[*]No boisterous or rough play.
[*]No spitting or blowing nose in pool.
[*]No persons with a communicable disease allowed in the pool.
[*]No animals or pets allowed in the pool.
[*]No glass allowed in the pool or on the deck.
[*]Please shower before entering pool.
[*]Waterproof “swim pants” must be worn over diapers.
[*]Footwear, including socks, are not allowed on any slides.
[*]Life vests are available free of charge and must be worn by children under 48” tall barefoot and non-swimmers.
[*]Swimsuits are required to keep with the Park’s family environment; thong bathing suits are not permitted. Suits with metal buckles, buttons, rivets, zippers, or any sharp objects on their backs or sides will not be permitted on body slides.
[*]Only US & Canadian approved Lifevests may be brought into the park. No other floatation devices are permitted. (ex. Water wings, floating noodles, beach balls).[/list:u]

Updated March 2011

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Re: Updated Dress Code and Park Policies
Shirts with buttons must be buttoned up.

That is alittle odd, why does that really matter?

Team Classy #1!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2011, 06:18 PM
michaelcollier1 Wrote:
Shirts with buttons must be buttoned up.

That is alittle odd, why does that really matter?
I'm guessing someone who is wearing a full button up shirt & doesn't have a undershirt underneath? *shutters*

What exactly was updated in the dress code?
Quote: Shorts/pants must be worn so as to show no more than the waistband of ones undergarments.
I'm guessing that's new also?

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Op
03-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I am glad they have these policies, I just hope they will enforce them. I really don't want to see anyone with their underwear sticking out! Maybe they should add something: Underwear must be worn so as to completely cover the butt crack. No plumbers' butt.
03-29-2011, 08:08 PM
gooseKDfan Wrote:I am glad they have these policies, I just hope they will enforce them. I really don't want to see anyone with their underwear sticking out! Maybe they should add something: Underwear must be worn so as to completely cover the butt crack. No plumbers' butt.
LoL ain't it tha truth! I really hope they enforce it this year too! Last year there were half naked people running around everywhere!

I Have No Homeboy.
03-31-2011, 09:01 AM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
gooseKDfan Wrote:I am glad they have these policies, I just hope they will enforce them. I really don't want to see anyone with their underwear sticking out! Maybe they should add something: Underwear must be worn so as to completely cover the butt crack. No plumbers' butt.
LoL ain't it tha truth! I really hope they enforce it this year too! Last year there were half naked people running around everywhere!
I'm waiting to see if they are actually going to enforce it this year. Big Grin

I've been Intimidated...have you!
05-19-2011, 07:06 AM
I really can't see employees/guards coming up to guest say, "umm, can you please pull your pants up"
Just dont see that happening.

06-12-2011, 10:06 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:

AGREED! There's nothing worse than going to a theme park and you got people with half their clothes on. By having/enforcing said rules/policies, KD can stay a family friendly park. Big Grin

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
the stuff that flies today wouldn't fly in the early 90s. They used to kick girls out all the time for not wearing sleeved shirts. i think they let things slide with the water park. you still see people break dress code all the time- and smoke where they are not supposed to.

you know what i always say, smokers are jokers.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
06-12-2011, 10:13 PM
cc99999 Wrote:the stuff that flies today wouldn't fly in the early 90s. They used to kick girls out all the time for not wearing sleeved shirts. i think they let things slide with the water park. you still see people break dress code all the time- and smoke where they are not supposed to.

you know what i always say, smokers are jokers.

^well said. Especially the "smokers are jokers" bit; and I totally agree with you. In some areas of the park(I305 in particular)the park staff do seem to enforce the smoking areas.

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
The only prob with it is they don't really tell us to tell the guests all this stuff, I try to ask guests to put shirts and shoes and what not on but, I always feel no body in the park is going to really back me up as far as other employees so I just let it slide if I see it.

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator