Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Backlot Stunt Coaster Topic
11-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Re: Official Backlot Stunt Coaster Topic
alex4hokies Wrote:I rode it once or twice this season. I actually really enjoy Backlot a lot, but I just don't like wasting my time with it (unless it is a complete walk-on) because I know Intimidator 305, Volcano, Drop Tower, FOF, and Dominator are in the park and I'd much rather be riding one of them...
Same with me!

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2011, 04:31 PM
I enjoyed the backlot at Kings Island. It was small but the launch felt like was more than 40 mph. I loved the theming and thought it was a good ride that the whole family can ride.

Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
11-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Bizarro SFNE Wrote:I enjoyed the backlot at Kings Island. It was small but the launch felt like was more than 40 mph. I loved the theming and thought it was a good ride that the whole family can ride.

Maybe the small footprint of the ride helps. There's a feeling of almost claustrophobia going around the helix at the beginning. On KD's, you see coasters that are much bigger around you (mostly Anaconda and I305), but the cars on Backlot feel like their own little world, almost.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
11-26-2011, 06:48 PM
^ I'd imagine so. And yeah the first helix is really tight, but it feels like you're going around it really fast.

Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
06-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Am i the only that realized this but on the KDFANSITE but the power slide doesn't work?

BIZARRO #1
06-05-2012, 11:13 PM
xTHE EDG3x Wrote:Am i the only that realized this but on the KDFANSITE but the power slide doesn't work?

You mean the drifting element?

Apparently they had problems with it on the prototype at KI so they disabled it on all three installations.
06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes

BIZARRO #1
09-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Interesting, I never knew those cars could do that [about the drifting]. That would've been cool if they did. In my first visit in 2009 they helicopter was working and the cars were all different colors. I didn't really like the idea of having all the trains be the same color from 2010 and on. I love the launch into the helix as that was way more intense than i expected, but the ride itself was typical of premier - rough. But overall it is a fun little ride, but I wished they had the special effects working as it seems pointless now to hold the train for long if the helicopter doesn't even work. At least cue some sound effects...

My other question is, why is this ride rated a 5? Sure the helix maybe intense, but it doesn't really fit the same ranking as Dominator, volcano, or I305. At best this is more a 3 or 4. That or they need to add a few more numbers to make Dominator a 6 and I305 a 7. 5 is just too general.