Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Official Anaconda Topic
04-14-2011, 11:23 AM
The Official Anaconda Topic
We needed an official Anaconda topic.

Does anybody else think that it's an ominous sign that they haven't (really) repainted Anaconda - and when they did repaint some of it - it was really only to make I305 look better...? I wonder if they are planning on removing it sometime in the near future. With 305 over there - that spot is a prime spot for a new ride. Thoughts from anyone?

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Re: The Official Anaconda Topic
It would not bother me in the least to see Anaconda replaced with an more enjoyable ride.

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Any advice on surviving this ride without a concussion? I think this was my son's favorite, but gives me a splitting headache. I tried keeping my head back on the headrest, but still got a couple good pops to the side of my head.
04-14-2011, 01:15 PM
LuckyMom Wrote:Any advice on surviving this ride without a concussion? I think this was my son's favorite, but gives me a splitting headache. I tried keeping my head back on the headrest, but still got a couple good pops to the side of my head.
Try pushing your head all the way forward. This is the only thing that has ever helped me any - and honestly it wasn't that much.
^^I also wouldn't mind it being replaced. I do wish that that they would keep the water though and incorporate it into whatever "new attraction" they might build.

I Have No Homeboy.
04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Actually, with 305 over there, any ride they build will look bad in the shadows of 305. Next major coaster is definitely in the grove.
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
i know it sounds crazy to spend a ton of money on an ancient ride, but how expensive would it be to replace only the butterfly element of Anaconda? the drop, the first two pretzel loops, and the final two corkscrew loops are actually pretty smooth. it's just that stupid set of turns after the midcourse brake that make the ride horrible. it'd be a great coaster if just that one section were replaced.

Arrow coasters seem to be on the fasttrack to the scrap heap in recent years around the country. Sad
04-14-2011, 02:31 PM
greenspanDan Wrote:i know it sounds crazy to spend a ton of money on an ancient ride, but how expensive would it be to replace only the butterfly element of Anaconda? the drop, the first two pretzel loops, and the final two corkscrew loops are actually pretty smooth. it's just that stupid set of turns after the midcourse brake that make the ride horrible. it'd be a great coaster if just that one section were replaced.

Agreed. But I could also see this ride being removed and nothing replacing it. Just the open lake and they could remove the wooden fence in the 305 plaza and bring back the giant fountain! I could also see the ride removed and a flat ride (like a frisbee) be added placed where the station is now that swings out over the lake. If and when it is removed, I just don't think a coaster will replace it...
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
greenspanDan Wrote:i know it sounds crazy to spend a ton of money on an ancient ride, but how expensive would it be to replace only the butterfly element of Anaconda? the drop, the first two pretzel loops, and the final two corkscrew loops are actually pretty smooth. it's just that stupid set of turns after the midcourse brake that make the ride horrible. it'd be a great coaster if just that one section were replaced.

Arrow coasters seem to be on the fasttrack to the scrap heap in recent years around the country. Sad
Totally agree, I love the first half and the corkscrews. The drop and loops are pretty awesome. If the butterfly was taken out and the brakes didn't stop the train quite as much i think i would ride a lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iheartcoastersvids

check out my channel!!!!!
04-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I just don't see this ride being removed if Hurler is still around. I would think a new coaster would be a great replacement for Hurler. I could see Anaconda being replaced by a WindSeeker.
04-14-2011, 06:53 PM
The best tip for riding is front or back rows. It is fastest through the bad spot in the middle. The back doesn't avoid the whip effect like the front, but I always liked a back row ride on it. I won't ride in the center anymore, period. Also I push my head against the headrest as hard as possible through that spot. I like it in the rain due the lake but it can be faster and the headrest slippery then.

Quote:i know it sounds crazy to spend a ton of money on an ancient ride, but how expensive would it be to replace only the butterfly element of Anaconda?

Probably less than was just spent on 305, EXCEPT for probably having to do a laser mapping of the structure since there may not be adequate documents. It's also the only ride I'd actually suggest adding a trim brake on, to get more of a hang through the loops and less rough there.

I disagree with the "tear it down" attitude but must admit KD has a lot of rides that are sort of neat but not great. Perhaps 2 rides could be taken down and replaced with one better one.... I had a crazy idea of a coaster that launches down the south side of RY, comes around the end or over, does a bunch of stuff over the lake, and then finishes on the other side of RY (with rebuilt walkways?). You could watch it in one section of the park, get on it in another.
04-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Reece Wrote:Actually, with 305 over there, any ride they build will look bad in the shadows of 305. Next major coaster is definitely in the grove.

I didn't say that I thought a coaster would go there - but even still - I don't see how a coaster would look bad in that spot. I think it would just add to the appeal of that whole area. Now I think Anaconda looks bad over there but that's mainly b/c it needs paint.

I Have No Homeboy.
04-15-2011, 06:31 AM
The more coasters, the better it looks to me. Pile 'em on top of each other.
04-15-2011, 07:02 AM
bill_s Wrote:The more coasters, the better it looks to me. Pile 'em on top of each other.
I"m with ya there!

I Have No Homeboy.
04-15-2011, 10:07 AM
bill_s Wrote:The best tip for riding is front or back rows. It is fastest through the bad spot in the middle. The back doesn't avoid the whip effect like the front, but I always liked a back row ride on it. I won't ride in the center anymore, period. Also I push my head against the headrest as hard as possible through that spot. I like it in the rain due the lake but it can be faster and the headrest slippery then.

Thanks, I'll definately try that out next time. We were in the middle both times, so hopefully that will help. Other than that one headbang, it is a fun ride.
04-15-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't see anaconda leaving just yet,could be that due to the retracking on I305 they once again didn't have time to repaint it?We shouldn't assume that just because they're slow to finish the repaint of the ride that it's being removed when if any coaster is next to go it would most likely be hurler as once grizzly is up & running again nobody will be riding it.