Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Official Anaconda Topic
04-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Re: The Official Anaconda Topic
The best thing that could happen to anaconda is...

Be taken to the scrap yard, melted down, and turned into a B&M Flyer.

A flyer in that spot + the only one in this area = awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2011, 09:42 PM
VA Aviator Wrote:The best thing that could happen to anaconda is...

Be taken to the scrap yard, melted down, and turned into a B&M Flyer.

A flyer in that spot + the only one in this area = awesome.

Yeah & have the pretzel loop go through anaconda's tunnel.
04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I think it's kind of sad when you have to give a ton of tips on how to ride a coaster properly so that you don't end up with a major headache at the end... I remember when I used to ride a lot when I was little and how I'd always give others advice about it lol It just ruins the fun of riding when you're concentrating so much on keeping your head back & bracing yourself.

To be honest I won't really miss it if it does go anytime soon. Only thing I will miss is that it does look nice to have a roller coaster over the water (even though it isn't freshly painted :roll: lol) I would love to see what they could potentially do with that location.

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Op
04-19-2011, 11:12 AM
^you're right, Tasha. Absolutely should not have to be so much sharing on how to have a decent ride. I think Hurler should be the first coaster to be replaced, and then Shockwave (which of course isn't going to happen any time soon) but if there had to be another, Anaconda should be it.

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I just wish they could just get rid of the seat belts. To me its just makes the loading and unloading time much more longer and the wait is longer than ever. Also the butterfly needs to be replace with something less head banging.

LOL: During the brake run before the station someone painted a stick figure with "ME" writting on top on the fence next to the FoF/305 annex.

Caution! Venetians may strike at any time.
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
This ride just needs to get a new train design because you know how arrow never made the wheels have a tight fit on the track. The wheels all don't touch the track at the same time. I was watching today it go threw the corkscrews, and well the looked at the wheel assembly and it started shaking back and forth in mid air. I think that would smooth the ride a lot. But I think a paint job could slightly just slighty make it smoother like it did with shockwave.

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Coaster Lover Wrote:This ride just needs to get a new train design because you know how arrow never made the wheels have a tight fit on the track. The wheels all don't touch the track at the same time. I was watching today it go threw the corkscrews, and well the looked at the wheel assembly and it started shaking back and forth in mid air. I think that would smooth the ride a lot. But I think a paint job could slightly just slighty make it smoother like it did with shockwave.

It's all in the tracking,not just the trains....case in point Shockwave has outside guide wheels that grip the rail tightly & is still rough in some spots.The upstops should'nt need to grip the rail tightly as they're only needed should the train stall upsidedown(not likely to happen of course) so that shouldn't come into play either.

I think we've just been spoiled lately by the newer rides from B&M & Intamin that have been produced over the years that it makes us notice how "rough the Arrows & vekoma's are in comparison when,back in the day that was all we really had in terms of steel looping coasters.
04-24-2011, 10:13 AM
^good point. I am sure when Anaconda and Shockwave were new, they were considered smooth and fast. Then comes Volcano, Dominator, and I305 which really are smooth, and make us notice how rough the older steel coasters are. I don't think anything should be done about Anaconda and Shockwave, they should stay as they were when they were built.
04-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Well its not just the up stop wheels that don't touch the track, the guide wheels don't either but the shaping of the track is a problem I know

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
06-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I do like Anaconda. I actually like it a little better than FOF. All Annie really needs is some fresh paint and a little adjustment on the trains. Another possible idea is maybe put soft straps on the OTS restraints; similar to those on I305. Or maybe lap restraints like FOF and BSC. All in all, it's still a great ride and should stay at KD! Big Grin

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2011, 10:57 PM
OMG can you imagine lapbars on that ride? I'm sure they couldn't do that.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-13-2011, 12:23 AM
they wouldn't do it, that would be ridiculous. Hershey Park's Super Duper Looper is a looping lap bar ride. It's also a weak sauce coaster.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
06-13-2011, 07:23 AM
I used to think I'd be angry if they took out Anaconda, but I could care less now. It's a fun ride, and I have a lot of memories of riding it, but I'd rather see something new. No need to invest in new trains for a 20 year old Arrow. That's silly. Put it towards a B&M.

Currently Banned
06-13-2011, 01:11 PM
I think I said this earlier in the thread but if they took out Anaconda I'd like to see them still utilize the water in whatever ride they replaced it with.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Okay, maybe lap restraints on Anaconda wouldn't work very well after all. But at least with soft straps(like I305)would cut down on guests getting a headache so much on it. Smile
However, if Anaconda were to be taken out, I'm in agreement with KDG. ^

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile