Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slingshot Rides Anyone?
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Slingshot Rides Anyone?
I rode the Slingshot @ Myrtle Beach tonight for the first time and let me tell you, it needs to be on any theme park lovers bucket list. Sure, it is 25 bucks a person for a minute ride, but it is an extremely incredible experience. I have never been so scared on a ride in my life! It sure will take your breath away launching at speeds around 120 mph and shooting you 300+ feet then yo-yoing while flipping. Definitely ride on of these if you are ever somewhere that has one!

I'll upload my video of my ride when I get home from Myrtle Beach next Thursday. If you ever have ridden one, comment! :mrgreen:

Attached File(s)
.jpg  sling1big.jpg (Size: 64.18 KB / Downloads: 350)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Re: Slingshot Rides Anyone?
nice! can't wait to see that. I go to Florida every year for family vacation and the last two times I went down there, I chickend out of riding the slingshot ride that's in Orlando. It's definitely on my bucket list but everytime I see it up close, I back out lol I just can't imagine going up that high so fast.

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Op
04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Re: Slingshot Rides Anyone?
they also have one of these at Kings Island (for an additional charge) that is slightly smaller, 275 feet and almost 100 mph. I did not ride it when I was there last year but it looked pretty fun.