Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Coaster Will You Never Ride Again?
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Re: What Coaster Will You Never Ride Again?
Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Son of Beast, and i305.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Alpengeist - just don't care for this coaster - I've ridden it several times, tried to like it, but just don't - I know it's very popular, but this coaster and I don't get along

Anaconda - haven't ridden it in over 6 years and don't plan to anytime soon

08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
HuaracheKid Wrote: Alpengeist - just don't care for this coaster - I've ridden it several times, tried to like it, but just don't - I know it's very popular, but this coaster and I don't get along

Anaconda - haven't ridden it in over 6 years and don't plan to anytime soon

I haven't ridden Alpengeist (haven't been in years), but I think it looks fun. Maybe because I love inverted coasters.

I do however agree with you on Anaconda. I don't like it much, but I seem to ride it every visit just to say I rode every coaster.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
09-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Firehawk at Kings Island. This is the only ride that has nauseated me, and the laying down thing isn't comfortable on this ride.
09-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Mind Eraser.

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1
09-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Well not exactly avoiding the entire coaster, but I will never ride the very last seat on the Coney Island Cyclone ever again.
09-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Mean streak at cedar point just painful absolutely painful

BIZARRO #1
09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Weird, I thought I replied to this already.

I try to pay a visit to every coaster at KD at least once a season, so I don't know how there could be any that I would never ride again. I rode every coaster in the park except Taxi Jam last time I was there. I'd ride almost any coaster periodically just to see if it improves. Even with Mean Streak, I'd hold out some hope especially if it ever gets the New Texas Giant treatment. I didn't like what the restraints on Magnum XL-200 did to me, but maybe I'd even ride that again if I got the chance.

But maybe there is one that I would never ride again: Gwazi. It's a ride that I really wanted to like because its layout looks so cool in aerial shots and POVs, but even with the new trains it caused me a good deal of pain. That said, if I'm ever in Florida and really have the urge to ride a wooden coaster, there aren't many choices.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-19-2012, 12:12 AM
That's a shame if you feel it is still terrible. Sad
I rode it both before and after the changes and I can say the new Mf trains have made a big difference. Is it smooth? no, but it's more tolerable now. I am not a wood coaster fan, but it's the first time I've ever kept my arms in the air the whole ride (on a wood coaster) rather than holding on the grab bar because it was so rough and terrible.

The only reason I'd ride it is if the line is less than 15 min and both sides are running. I've rode it enough times that I won't lose any sleep if I don't get to ride it at all that year.
09-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I rode each track of Gwazi once when I was at BGT last month. On the first track I rode, after one or two hills, the lap bar came down extremely hard. I think it was on the tightest setting. I'm not a big guy, but it was still painful. I rode the rest of the ride with a restraint that was practically crushing my hips. I still rode the other track just to get the credit. That restraint came down hard too, but not as badly as the first one.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Hem, I've never had that problem. I guess I manage to get a decent notch where it never crushes me. I'd give it one more chance in the future. I normally don't like wood coasters, but I'd still go back on Gwazi any chance I get because it's a different experience from the smoother steel coasters and that the new trains makes it more tolerable. I've been riding Gwazi since maybe 2007 or 2008 and it's still better than say Hurler, Rolling Thunder (SFGAdv) or the Coney Island Cyclone.
04-16-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: What Coaster Will You Never Ride Again?
Wood: Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Steel: Mantis at Cedar Point and Firehawk at Kings Island.