Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
who has ridden the Tennessee Tornado?
06-17-2011, 01:19 PM
who has ridden the Tennessee Tornado?
To me it looks like a fun ride based on the POV shots on youtube... it looks very similar to the LNM. Anybody ridden it? Is it better than the Anaconda? LNM is one of my favorite rides.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Re: who has ridden the Tennessee Tornado?
I've ridden it a ton as I'm a passholder to Dollywood along with KD. The ride is REALLY fun but REALLY short. Best Arrow I've been on... Despite being short, it is a better ride than LNM. I must say, it is very unique and enjoyable.
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
That first loop is insane! Comparable t Dominator's loop

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
09-07-2012, 01:52 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:I've ridden it a ton as I'm a passholder to Dollywood along with KD. The ride is REALLY fun but REALLY short. Best Arrow I've been on... Despite being short, it is a better ride than LNM. I must say, it is very unique and enjoyable.
I totally agree. For an Arrow, this was a very good ride, but just too short. This was an easy coaster to get a number of rerides at least based on my last visit in 2006.
09-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Out of curiosity,what kind of trains does it use?The traditional Arrow ones,or the Drachen Fire-style ones?
09-10-2012, 08:06 PM
It's a pretty good ride, not too rough like some older Arrow coasters, but nothing special either. It fills in the lineup at Dollywood well, and worth the ride if you're there.
09-13-2012, 11:10 AM
ericthewanderer Wrote:Out of curiosity,what kind of trains does it use?The traditional Arrow ones,or the Drachen Fire-style ones?
I've never been on Drachen fire, so I wouldn't know the difference. I also don't remember what Tornado's cars were like. I would assume they are the standard Arrow trains everyone else uses.
09-14-2012, 03:21 PM
The Drachen Fire trains were an attempt for Arrow's trains to be more "streamlined",but it seems that only DF-and I think that indoor coaster at the MGM Grand-ever used them.
09-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Favorite part is the first drop i had no idea it was coming

BIZARRO #1
08-20-2013, 08:04 AM
RE: who has ridden the Tennessee Tornado?
I rode it for the first time last year, and was very pleasantly surprised. The first drop I wasn't expecting the air I got on it, the loops were great on it, (is it just me or are the tracks in the loop not straight)... I also agree with everyone here that it is most definitely too short.
08-20-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: who has ridden the Tennessee Tornado?
(08-20-2013 08:04 AM)Outlaw Runner Wrote:  I rode it for the first time last year, and was very pleasantly surprised. The first drop I wasn't expecting the air I got on it, the loops were great on it, (is it just me or are the tracks in the loop not straight)... I also agree with everyone here that it is most definitely too short.

It is a "spiro-loop", the tallest inversion Arrow ever built.

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1