Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mach Tower biggest mistake since Drachen Fire
07-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Re: Mach Tower biggest mistake since Drachen Fire
Went to BG today and they were "testing" Mach Tower. They should call it March 2012 Tower, IMO.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2011, 10:08 AM
For what it's worth, according to a ride op who was standing outside the fence that surrounds the ride, if all goes well, it should be open by August 1.
07-22-2011, 07:36 PM
already??? :lol: I am sure whoever sold them that ride is paying a lot of penalties for their mistakes.
07-25-2011, 11:29 PM
GooseKDfan in your earlier post did you mean you compare Alpengeist to Intimidator at Carowinds or did you mean to say Afterburn? Those are the 2 I compare and I compare Intimidator to Apollo's Chariot. I do compare LNM with Anaconda in which I think LNM is so much better. But I do agree that if people do travel to different parks then they will compare what they ride at one park to another even if they aren't enthusiast. It's in people's nature to compare everything to something else lol :lol: .

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half a**ed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson
07-26-2011, 04:10 AM
rollercoastermommy07 Wrote:GooseKDfan in your earlier post did you mean you compare Alpengeist to Intimidator at Carowinds or did you mean to say Afterburn? Those are the 2 I compare and I compare Intimidator to Apollo's Chariot. I do compare LNM with Anaconda in which I think LNM is so much better. But I do agree that if people do travel to different parks then they will compare what they ride at one park to another even if they aren't enthusiast. It's in people's nature to compare everything to something else lol :lol: .
I meant to say Apollo's Chariot is comparable to Carowinds Intimidator.
08-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I just watched the testing for Mach Tower, it doesn't look fast at all! Park enthusiast will probably still like Drop Tower at KD better.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10OQKJtvdk&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
08-17-2011, 12:20 AM
I feel like it will be an average/okay - good drop tower. And am I the only one who feels the brakes start quite hight? I do feel like KD's will be far superior to this, but I guess I can't confirm that until the thing FINALLY opens so I can ride it.
08-17-2011, 12:22 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:And am I the only one who feels the brakes start quite high?
That's what I was thinking!

08-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I guess I can use my favorite quote here...

Quote:They should have went with Intamin! :mrgreen:
08-17-2011, 12:27 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:I guess I can use my favorite quote here...

Quote:They should have went with Intamin! :mrgreen:
Who did they use?

08-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Moser... :?
08-17-2011, 12:45 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:Moser... :?
I've never even heard of them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

08-17-2011, 12:54 AM
They have never taken on a ride near the size or complicated (246' high, vibrating & spiraling seats) as Mach Tower... it is a BIG step for the company, and yeah... it isn't going to well for them.

Oh, and guess who is building Verbolten (a multi-launch, track dropping, "large" family coaster) next year in 2012 for BGW?! Zierer, a company that has practically has only built kiddie rides in the past, with the big exception of Wicked over in Utah... which does look good.
08-17-2011, 12:57 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:They have never taken on a ride near the size or complicated (246' high, vibrating & spiraling seats) as Mach Tower... it is a BIG step for the company, and yeah... it isn't going to well for them.

Oh, and guess who is building Verbolten (a multi-launch, track dropping, "large" family coaster) next year in 2012 for BGW?! Zierer, a company that has practically has only built kiddie rides in the past, with the big exception of Wicked over in Utah... which does look good.
WHAT IS BGW DOING? DANG! As your favorite quote is "THEY SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH INTAMIN"! :lol:

08-17-2011, 01:00 AM
I think so too! I mean look at what a thrilling wonderful family coaster Cheetah Hunt down at BGT is, BGW should have done something similar with the addition of the indoor portion. Plus, Intamin has already done the "track dropping" element on Th13teen at Alton Towers...