Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rollercoster Tycoon?
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Rollercoster Tycoon?
Please tell me someone else here loves the Rollercoaster Tycoon games. If you dont, I have to recommend it for you. The whole game is about building and managing your own amusement park.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Re: Rollercoster Tycoon?
I've played but the reason I quit is because it lags a lot! So I play Thrillville more.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
It does lag a lot, but the actual gameplay is what makes me want to play it more. The slowness drives me crazy, but I've been playing for years so i'm used to it.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
06-23-2011, 05:23 PM
I played the original and both sequels. While I liked the 3D part of the third, the lag did become too much after a while. I would build one, maybe two highly detailed coasters with complete scenery (I had a huge amount of custom content), and then the lag would become too much to deal with, and I would have to start over. I tried to make my rides as realistic as possible. I could build a mean Schwarzkopf looper that looked like it came right out of Anton's plans. I've learned that RCT3 does not work with Vista. I play Simcity 4 now.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I absolutely LOVE Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2. I really hated 3 though... Sad
I wish they would make a 4 that's similar to the first two, but I doubt it would ever happen.
06-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Rollercoaster Tycoon is dead because of a lawsuit between Chris Sawyer and Atari. Atari refused to reveal their sales figures on RC3- which they were supposed to in accordance with their contract with him.

I hated RC3 when I bought it a long time ago, after loving 1 and liking 2. I bought 1 and 3 recently to try them out again.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
06-24-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm the exact opposite. I didn't like the first one. I kinda liked the second one. And I love the third one. I like the sandbox mode because i liked being relaxed about money and space.

06-24-2011, 08:44 AM
The sandbox mode was an excellent addition. The scenarios in 3 though lacked creativity though. I really liked the addition of a few Six Flags parks in RCT2.

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
06-30-2011, 02:05 PM
I love RCT2, but hate RCT3. I've had about 5 computers I've tried RCT3 on it it didn't work on any of them.

2011 Visits: 8
i305: 35
Volcano: 9
Dominator: 6
Flight of Fear: 3
Rebel Yell: 8
Anaconda: 2
Hurler: 2
Backlot Stunt Coaster: 2
Ricochet: 4
Avalanche: 2
Grizzly: 5
Ghoster Coaster: 4
Shockwave: 0
07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
P. Snoop Wrote:I played the original and both sequels. While I liked the 3D part of the third, the lag did become too much after a while. I would build one, maybe two highly detailed coasters with complete scenery (I had a huge amount of custom content), and then the lag would become too much to deal with, and I would have to start over. I tried to make my rides as realistic as possible. I could build a mean Schwarzkopf looper that looked like it came right out of Anton's plans. I've learned that RCT3 does not work with Vista. I play Simcity 4 now.

for creating realistic rollercoasters, nothing beats No Limits. If you really love creating custom, realistic coasters, that is the program to get.

http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?...creenshots
07-14-2011, 09:05 PM
^I thought about buying that game, but I just couldn't convince myself to drop that money on a game that focuses solely on coasters... Realism is great, but part of the realism is the area around the ride...

07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I love Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, The whole sequence of how you have all the Six Flags parks already built for you, or you can create your own six flags park without the rides... i liked Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, but when i always made a ride with scenery, it would lag.. So now when it's close to haunt season, i make mazes and scarezones for people to walkthrough, so it won't lag :lol: :lol:

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]