Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Trip to Kings Dominion
07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
1st Trip to Kings Dominion
Hey, I’m going to Kings Dominion for my first time in late July ( Big Grin ) and have a couple of questions…

Which day would have the shortest lines, Sunday or Monday? I’ve heard during weekdays rides run only one train…

Do all of the rides have bins in the station to place a bag or do I have to rent a locker?

How rough is Hurler and Grizzly?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Re: 1st Trip to Kings Dominion
1. Monday will be shorter lines, even if they are running one train.

2. not sure. to my recollection the big rides do, but i'm not sure about "all".

3. Grizzly is rough, but in a fun way -- imho what a woodie should be. Hurler is rough in an annoying, pointless, and painful way.
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Well I just found out I'll be able to attend the Coasting for Kids event so I won't have to worry about lines Big Grin . How do Hurler and Grizzly compare to Predator (at Darien Lake) with the new Voyage trains?
07-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Make sure you get to Volcano as soon as the park opens!

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Hurler has better airtime than any other wooden coaster at KD. End of story. And its not that rough except on the entrance to the first turn.
07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Concerning the bins, every roller coaster has either bins or something of the sort to place your bags in. The majority, if not all, have bins specific to each train.

Also, the one train ops is true usually for the wooden coasters, and on certain days, I-305. Rides like Dominator, Volcano, and Flight of Fear almost always have two on weekdays.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2011, 12:00 AM
CPmillenia94 Wrote:Hurler has better airtime than any other wooden coaster at KD. End of story. And its not that rough except on the entrance to the first turn.
What happened to Rebel Yell?

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
07-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Tell me one place RY has ejector plz..
07-13-2011, 10:32 PM
A true wooden coaster doesn't need ejector air to be amazing, while I understand why you may prefer Hurler for the rides occasional ejector air, I think Rebel Yell is a true "beauty" with perfectly designed hills, not to mention that last hill going up to the turn has some nice ejector air.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
07-14-2011, 04:03 PM
True, but most of the hills on ry feel like you might get a bit of air and then dont give you any. Hurler has great airtime on all of the hills is my point.
07-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Rebel Yell for sure has more overall airtime while Hurler gives you really short amounts of stronger airtime IMO. Hurler's airtime is just hard to notice with the pain that comes with it. Haha.
07-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Well yeah when i think of hurler i think of the violent turns not the smoother hills. But i mean i shouldnt really be talking cuz im only speaking for rebel yell based on what i remember from my last rides like 4 yrs ago. I remember the ride pretty well though. Whatever it doesnt even matter at all lol
07-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey,
I have been browsing the board for a week now cause I am planning a trip the second week in August to ride Intimidator 305. Figured I would post to this topic to keep things orderly. That being said I have a couple of questions.

I am planning my trip for either Monday August 8 or Tuesday the 9th ( I assume these are both good days to go). As far as tickets go I'm probably going to buy online. Last night I was browsing the official site and came across a park ticket/ meal deal in which for $47 you get access to a buffet for 1 hour with typical grill fare. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if it is worth it? I am planning on spending the whole day at the park.

Also I have picked up that when going to the park, get there early then do Volcano, FOF, and Intimidator. I am wondering that at KD is there a rope drop then running of the bulls, or do park members walk GP to rides to maintain order?

The waterpark....? Is it worth going to? If so at what time in the day? Are there places to change?

Other than that I just hope Intimidator 305 runs 2 trains the day I am there. I want to get a marathon run. However I realize it will probably run 1 cause its the weekday.

Anyways Thanks for the help!
07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
yeah, they'll probably just run one train, but that's fine. i was there this past monday, single train operation, and it was a walk-on all morning. in the afternoon, it was up to about 15 minute wait. can't complain!
07-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I think the waterpark is worth going to. Unless you plan on going when it first opens (at noon, I think), later in the afternoon is probably better. There are places to change and they rent lockers to store your things. My favorite part of the waterpark is the wave pools (there are 2).

Buying tickets online will usually save you a couple of bucks. I have never tried the buffet.