Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Trip to Kings Dominion
07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Re: 1st Trip to Kings Dominion
I'll take 15 minutes. I'm holding judgement till I ride but if it is as good as people say 15 minutes is short enough of a wait for me!

I'm also curious about the other coasters in the park and the waits that they have like Backlot Stunt Coaster and Avalance?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I305 line can be less than 15 minutes. A couple of my trips this year I waited about 5 minutes.

Avalanche line is usually short, maybe 10 minutes at most on a normal weekday. Back Lot is also usually short, maybe 10 minutes as well. Of course, these times can be much longer. I have seen the line for Back Lot very long because I305 and Volcano were down.
07-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Thank you for posting in this topic instead of making a new one.
Also it would be good to note that Avalanche, Shockwave, Backlot and White Water Canyon don't open til Noon.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Good to know that some rides open at noon. Thanks for that tip.

When the park opens how do they handle the crowds trying to go to the popular rides like volcano? At my home park gadv they sort of just let people run for it.
07-28-2011, 04:06 AM
from what I have seen they walk people to the more popular rides like I305 and Volcano. No free for all here.
07-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Thank you guys for the tips!

I think they day I go I'll get there early, hopefully before the rope drop. Hit up Volcano (try to get a front seat ride), then FOF, the marathon I305. Then when that line gets long I'll explore the rest of the park! How does the park get during the night? Like how are lines past 8pm?
08-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Thank you to everyone in this topic, you've already answered all of my questions before I even had to ask.

These weekday one-train operations sound peculiar to me, I'm so used to one-train op being the life sentence for the line! Is Kings Dominion really that relatively deserted?
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM
^ KD has good sized crowds on most weekdays. The only ride they do the one train operations on weekdays are Intimidator 305 and some of the woodies by my experiences. 305 is because of the wheels and the woodies just aren't nearly as popular any more which causes for a ton of empty seats if they run more than one train.
08-13-2011, 11:30 AM
MixedDrink Wrote:Thank you to everyone in this topic, you've already answered all of my questions before I even had to ask.

These weekday one-train operations sound peculiar to me, I'm so used to one-train op being the life sentence for the line! Is Kings Dominion really that relatively deserted?

I agree with the 1 train ops being strange. It's really not that deserted. I go every other Wed. on a field trip with my work - and we always have to wait in line for I305. Plus it gets longer at night. Went this past Wed night and had what I'd say was a 30-40 minute wait. Dominator had 2 trains running, Backlot did, even Anaconda did - why not I305? Idk.

Edit: Alex do you know it's b/c of the wheels - b/c I hadn't heard that. I've speculated that this was the issue but never heard for sure.

I Have No Homeboy.
08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
What would be the absolute best day to go? I'm flexible at the moment.
08-13-2011, 06:42 PM
MixedDrink Wrote:What would be the absolute best day to go? I'm flexible at the moment.
I would say Mon, Tues or Wed.

I Have No Homeboy.