Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Hurler Topic
08-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Re: Official Hurler Topic
I think they should take out all the wooden coasters and replace them with either a GCI woodie or a steel coaster.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Josh Wrote:I think they should take out all the wooden coasters and replace them with either a GCI woodie or a steel coaster.

What!! I would never wanna replace the classic woodies with a steel coaster, let alone replace them at all!

2011 Visits: 8
i305: 35
Volcano: 9
Dominator: 6
Flight of Fear: 3
Rebel Yell: 8
Anaconda: 2
Hurler: 2
Backlot Stunt Coaster: 2
Ricochet: 4
Avalanche: 2
Grizzly: 5
Ghoster Coaster: 4
Shockwave: 0
08-12-2011, 10:01 PM
braztaz Wrote:
Josh Wrote:I think they should take out all the wooden coasters and replace them with either a GCI woodie or a steel coaster.

What!! I would never wanna replace the classic woodies with a steel coaster, let alone replace them at all!
Haha, I knew somebody was going to do that. :lol: But I am being serious, I don't like riding wooden coasters, unless i'm in the front row.

08-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Josh Wrote:I was riding Hurler today and right when we were about to drop my waist harness came up a couple clicks... has this happened to anyone else?

I had the restraint unlock on grizzly in between the station & lift last season.
08-13-2011, 06:23 PM
^A possible explanation for that is that the restraint was locked too far down. If you have the restraint locked down as far as possible, there's more force pushing back on the restraint, which can cause it to pop up to next lock or "click". I've had this happen to me on Rebel Yell a few years back, and I later realized that that was what had happened.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2011, 07:02 PM
P. Snoop Wrote:^A possible explanation for that is that the restraint was locked too far down. If you have the restraint locked down as far as possible, there's more force pushing back on the restraint, which can cause it to pop up to next lock or "click". I've had this happen to me on Rebel Yell a few years back, and I later realized that that was what had happened.
Next time I ride it, if I ride it, i'm not going to push it down as far. Thanks for the tip.

10-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I just rode it, and the lap bar popped open going around the turn just before the drop. I reported it to the ride ops, and it is being checked out now. That was not a fun ride.

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
10-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Mr. Me Wrote:I just rode it, and the lap bar popped open going around the turn just before the drop. I reported it to the ride ops, and it is being checked out now. That was not a fun ride.
That same thing happened to me. I won't ride it again.

10-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Josh Wrote:
Mr. Me Wrote:I just rode it, and the lap bar popped open going around the turn just before the drop. I reported it to the ride ops, and it is being checked out now. That was not a fun ride.
That same thing happened to me. I won't ride it again.

Sounds like they just need to get rid of those PTC trains and put in some Millennium Flyers or Timberliners. When I was on Hurler on the 15th, riding in the back row, the lap bar came down so tight that it was very uncomfortable.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
10-27-2011, 05:31 AM
As much as I love Hurler, I think it's time for it to go. Sad

10-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Is 18 seasons long enough? Haha. Where Hurler is would make the perfect location for our next big coaster...
10-27-2011, 04:31 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:Is 18 seasons long enough? Haha. Where Hurler is would make the perfect location for our next big coaster...
I'm not sure if there is enough room for a big coaster there, but more room can be made. Big Grin

10-27-2011, 07:46 PM
I want a coaster like El Toro!!!

I Have No Homeboy.
10-27-2011, 08:06 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I want a coaster like El Toro!!!
+1

10-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Can't we take out Grizzly before Hurler? Hurler kicks Grizzlys you know what.

Team Classy #1!