Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KD TRIP REPORT 7/13
07-13-2011, 11:34 PM
KD TRIP REPORT 7/13
I took my 9 and 7 year old nephews to the park, their first time. They had never ridden anything before at an amusement park- but they are boys- so i figured I'd get them to ride a few milder type rides and see how it goes.

First up Taxi Jam.

They seemed to like it, not scared by it- but got off the ride complaining that their stomachs felt funny.

We left that and hit boo blasters,which they loved (god that ride is so boring) and then i got them to try out the avalanche. again they complained about feeling funny- but wanted to ride it again. After the second ride they were ready for anything. We hit everything in their height range (46-48 inches) Richochet, Lazy River, Tidal Wave, Scooby Doo, Log Flume, Scrambler, Avalanche again...

I did want to mention that Richochet broke down while I was on it with my 9 year old nephew!?!

I'd have preferred all three of us ride on the same mouse- but the ride ops wouldn't allow it- but said we could trade off with one staying with them at the station. this went smoothly until the ride broke down and they let my left behind nephew get away from them and walk down the line queue crying.

The lesson I learned was to not do THAT again- but I think it was very dangerous and negligent of them to let that happen.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Re: KD TRIP REPORT 7/13
I am very surprised that they let you leave your nephew at the station with them, they are there to operated the ride and keep riders safe, not perform babysitting. I am sure they are not allowed to watch children while adults ride. Maybe you misunderstood that they would watch him when all they meant was you could leave him there (on his own) while you rode.
07-14-2011, 07:20 AM
gooseKDfan Wrote:I am very surprised that they let you leave your nephew at the station with them, they are there to operated the ride and keep riders safe, not perform babysitting. I am sure they are not allowed to watch children while adults ride. Maybe you misunderstood that they would watch him when all they meant was you could leave him there (on his own) while you rode.
I don't think they're saying that they'll watch them - I think they're just saying that that's the only way you could ride - (if he left one in the station). I think that's a stupid rule for that ride. I mean as long as one adult is in the CAR you'd think it'd be fine.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree. It was one of those moments where you have two pretty poor options. to not ride and or to ride. frankly, i hate the ricochet as a ride- but they each wanted to ride it. It would have made more sense to let them both ride with me behind them. we rode the log flume, white water canyon (which is more dangerous imo), and the avalanche with no problem.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

07-14-2011, 08:46 PM
cc99999 Wrote:I agree. It was one of those moments where you have two pretty poor options. to not ride and or to ride. frankly, i hate the ricochet as a ride- but they each wanted to ride it. It would have made more sense to let them both ride with me behind them. we rode the log flume, white water canyon (which is more dangerous imo), and the avalanche with no problem.

I agree - I don't understand a lot of their height rules. 48" to ride the Waveswinger and Dodgem? I trust that they know what they're doing but it makes no sense to me.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Height requirements are determined by the manufacturer of each individual ride, not KD and/or Cedar Fair.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2011, 09:44 PM
P. Snoop Wrote:Height requirements are determined by the manufacturer of each individual ride, not KD and/or Cedar Fair.
I know Big Grin

I Have No Homeboy.
07-15-2011, 06:43 AM
I will say this, the Ricochet's height requirements did not say that in my situation, both boys could not ride at the same time. We would have not gotten in line to ride it had this rule been spelled out more clearly. Besides, each child could ride in their own car on the Scooby Doo.