Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canada's Wonderland
08-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Re: Canada's Wonderland
Alrighty, for those that haven't heard, here are the stats...

Height: 306'
Top Speed: 92 MPH
Length: 5486'
80 Degree Drop

Basically... its a giant B&M hyper. Good to see a return to the old hyper trains though...

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Adding link

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/">http://www.leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/</a><!-- m -->
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2011, 07:20 AM
after the first drop it does not seem too impressive to me. maybe it is a B&M thing but it just reminds me of a taller Carowinds Intimidator.
08-18-2011, 07:31 AM
I think its safe to say that 305 is still the number one Giga. That being said, I may have to get my passport straight to get up to CW next year...

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
08-18-2011, 09:06 AM
To me the ride looks absolutely fantastic! I would love this closer to home, especially in the back woods of Old Virginia at KD, haha! But seriously, this looks better than any snooze-fest of a hyper B&M has ever built... These turns taken with all that speed are going to be absolutely incredible, mixed in with some airtime! Atleast the thing will have a variety of elements (unlike hypers) and most of those elements will be taken at a good amount of speed. My prediction is it will be better than Millenium Force but not Intimidator 305 in my books, but I guess I can't say that until after I ride it next year (guess I have to finally get a passport). I say this because I think those turns are going to be pretty forceful and intense, which I can't wait for! This ride finally shows B&M still has some nerves, which excites me to see what they have come up with for Dollywood now!

Favorite part of the ride: CF not making it go higher than 310' feet. MF still is the king in their eyes! :lol:
08-18-2011, 09:29 AM
gooseKDfan Wrote:after the first drop it does not seem too impressive to me. maybe it is a B&M thing but it just reminds me of a taller Carowinds Intimidator.
I disagree. The first drop on MF is fantastic, and even though the rest of the ride is quite lackluster compared to 305, it's still my number 4 coaster behind Maverick, El Toro, and 305.

This is going to be an amazing ride. The first drop will be just unbelievable (if you've been on a B&M hyper you know what I mean), the turns will be intense, and it will be a new take on the giga coaster. The only thing I hate is the 100 foot tall brake run, there could be so much more done with the coaster...(although that's what everybody said about 305, too)
08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Intamin &gt; B&amp;M Wrote:The only thing I hate is the 100 foot tall brake run, there could be so much more done with the coaster...

Money issue. The ride is already at a very large $28 million cost, they couldn't of afford to make it much longer... Atleast it doesn't have an irritating MCBR where the ride will be boring after it (Intimidator Carowinds).
08-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Actually, now that you put it that way, it is a good trade off. It'll probably be better than MF, not sure about 305 or El Toro though...
08-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I think it will be better than Millenium Force, but not as good as 305... there is just no way that B&M will make a more forceful/intense ride than 305. But I guess I can't "confirm" that until after I ride it...
08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I think 305 will still be more intense, but Leviathan will be rated as a better coaster. The drop really doesn't look that great.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
08-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Josh Wrote:I don't think 305 will still be more intense, but Leviathan will be rated as a better coaster. The drop really doesn't look that great.

How in the world do you think it will be more intense than 305? :shock:

It's a 300' B&M 80* drop with lapbars? How does it not look good? :?: It definitely won't be as intense as 305's 300' 85* drop with the cable whipping you over the top but it sure will be good (besides the face you are going to be diving into a parking lot, haha!)

And it depends on the polls, in the Mitch Hawker poll (more respected one from me) I do feel 305 will be rated higher, but the Golden Ticket Awards will rank this high because they have an odd love for hypers... which I don't get.
08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:
Josh Wrote:I don't think 305 will still be more intense, but Leviathan will be rated as a better coaster. The drop really doesn't look that great.

How in the world do you think it will be more intense than 305? :shock:

It's a 300' B&M 80* drop with lapbars? How does it not look good? :?: It definitely won't be as intense as 305's 300' 85* drop with the cable whipping you over the top but it sure will be good (besides the face you are going to be diving into a parking lot, haha!)

And it depends on the polls, in the Mitch Hawker poll (more respected one from me) I do feel 305 will be rated higher, but the Golden Ticket Awards will rank this high because they have an odd love for hypers... which I don't get.
My bad, I typed that wrong haha. It's fixed. Smile

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
08-18-2011, 01:33 PM
This is gonna be one of those deals where you have to ride it to really have an opinion of it. 305 was the same way.

The layout is really starting to grow on me, and the first drop in the back row will be totally epic. It's really good to see B&M finally go above 300 feet.

08-18-2011, 08:11 PM
i dont know to me it just looks like a COOKIE CUTTER B&M hyper that goes 306'. but i will still ride it one day.

[Image: rl_107170.jpg]