Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carowinds 2012
08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Carowinds 2012
Since we have all been talking about what Carowinds is getting in 2012 in the KD 2012 topic, I figured I would make a Carowinds 2012 topic. We have figured out that their were markers down at Carowinds for a GCI Woodie and a HUSS Giant Frisbee. Some people think Carowinds will get a Windseeker because of the two barcode teasers on the website that said Mouthless Mutters which is a riddle for wind and the other said August 24th. The August 24th date is the announcement date. The teaser on the website also said O&W Wright Brother's Flying Machine. Carowinds also released a hint that says "Fun soars to new heights". So what do think Carowinds is getting in 2012?

Carowinds Website:
http://www.carowinds.com/

GCI Woodie Marker:
http://www.themeparksyndicate.com/2011/0...s-in-2012/

HUSS Giant Frisbee Marker:
http://www.thecoastercritic.com/2011/07/...-ride.html

Mouthless Mutters Picture:
http://www.carowinds.com/_upload/images/8.24.11/MM.jpg

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Re: Carowinds 2012
The "HUSS gf" stakes obviously pointed to a Giant Frisbee, but the "soar to new heights" thing to me points to Windseeker. Carowinds doesn't really have anything to that height. Fingers crossed for a Giant Frisbee though, that would be a much better addition to the park.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Cedar Fair has purchased 61 acres of land adjacent to Carowinds.

[Image: db_2011_AreaMapPropertyLines_61-Acre-Expansion_6001.jpg]

08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Screamscape Wrote:A few readers out there took the challenge of Carowinds new riddle to a new level by digging out the other unseen clue pages as well as two more QR codes along the way. There are a total of six images, that when put together to indeed form the riddle from The Hobbit, along with the date, August 24th.

[Image: carowinds_2012_1.htm]

08-17-2011, 12:20 AM
New 2012 riddle. Screamscape put a picture of the Wright Brothers hint beside a Windseeker and they look almost the same!
[Image: carowinds_2012_1.htm]

08-17-2011, 12:28 AM
^ I'm being 100% honest here, when I first saw that sign I thought, THAT LOOKS LIKE A WINDSEEKER CARRIAGE! ...next thing you know, Lance over at Screamscape thinks the same, hah!
08-17-2011, 12:30 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ I'm being 100% honest here, when I first saw that sign I thought, THAT LOOKS LIKE A WINDSEEKER CARRIAGE! ...next thing you know, Lance over at Screamscape thinks the same, hah!
:lol: I still don't think its going to be a WindSeeker.

08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Then what do you think it is going to be? :?:

BTW, for those of you all who do not know, the announcement is on Wednesday, August 24th next week. Hopefully KD's will be soon too!
08-17-2011, 12:46 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:Then what do you think it is going to be? :?:

BTW, for those of you all who do not know, the announcement is on Wednesday, August 24th next week. Hopefully KD's will be soon too!
Not sure, probably a HUSS Giant Frisbee.

08-17-2011, 12:58 AM
^ Do you really think they would put obviously fake markers out in the field saying "Huss Giant Frisbee" to just give it away? Those were put up just to throw off the enthusiasts at the parks coaster-nerd fest, CoasterStock then removed right away...
08-17-2011, 01:05 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ Do you really think they would put obviously fake markers out in the field saying "Huss Giant Frisbee" to just give it away? Those were put up just to throw off the enthusiasts at the parks coaster-nerd fest, CoasterStock then removed right away...
I know but still, it could be anything! Big Grin

08-17-2011, 01:14 AM
^ Good point, even though every single "teaser" hints towards a Windseeker. But we have to remember, Carowinds is the park that advertised the "Whyte Lightning"/"Lightnin' Strikes Twice!" for Intimidator... HAHA!
08-17-2011, 01:18 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ Good point, even though every single "teaser" hints towards a Windseeker. But we have to remember, Carowinds is the park that advertised the "Whyte Lightning"/"Lightnin' Strikes Twice!" for Intimidator... HAHA!
That's why i'm thinking their just throwing us away from stuff like they might get (S&S Screamin' Swing, HUSS Giant Frisbee, HUSS Top Spin, New Coaster).

08-17-2011, 01:25 AM
All their 2011 SSS hints were real though and REALLY made it obvious that they were going to announce they were getting Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular.

I'm going to sound picky here but here it a problem with every thing you just said:
-S&S Screamin' Swing: Dollywood just opened an AMAZING one this year, and they are one of (if not THE) main competitor for Carowinds.
-HUSS Giant Frisbee: They obviously wouldn't "leak" the actual ride by the fake markers they put out...
-HUSS Top Spin: A lot of these are having problems (CGA's, WOF's, KI's stupid system, ect.)
-New coaster: They just got $23 million Intimidator last year and their flat ride variety is much worse than KD's; plus CF is building coasters at other chain parks.
08-17-2011, 01:28 AM
That might be a reason to get a Screamin' Swing. Big Grin