Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freestyle Music Park to Reopen in 2012
08-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Freestyle Music Park to Reopen in 2012
Screamscape Wrote:Perhaps one of the most shocking announcement of the week has come in claiming that Freestyle Music Park may very well reopen for the 2012 season. According to the news article, which confirms a rumor I heard about a week ago but didn’t believe myself, FPI US LLC, the mortgage holder of the park, has bought the park out of foreclosure. FPI US is looking to either find a partner to manage and operate the park, or to find a buyer looking to take it off their hands and run it outright. Apparently they are already in the early stages of talks with someone.
The buyout deal seems a little odd, as you may recall there were two FPI companies involved in the park’s ownership, and FPI US LLC forclosed on their former operators, FPI MB Entertainment LLC. FPI US LLC gained full ownership of the park through a “credit bid” of $7 million at a foreclosure auction, but really didn’t have to pay that sum as they were owned more than that amount by the former operators. Everyone else still owned money is ‘out of luck’.
They are going to look at what worked for the park during it’s two previous attempts at life and more importantly, take careful note of what was tried that did not work. Of course both of the park’s two previous lives also took place during the two worst years of the economy as well, when people were cutting all unnecessary costs and trips. Perhaps the third time will be a charm after all.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Re: Freestyle Music Park to Reopen in 2012
I love Myrtle Beach, it is the beach I've been going to since I was born. The Pavilion should have never left, it was amazing. Hard Rock Park was also incredible, but when Freestyle took over it nearly lost all of it's charm. Atleast Freestyle is still 100 times better than Family Kingdom. HAH!
08-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Re: Freestyle Music Park to Reopen in 2012
alex4hokies Wrote:I love Myrtle Beach, it is the beach I've been going to since I was born. The Pavilion should have never left, it was amazing. Hard Rock Park was also incredible, but when Freestyle took over it nearly lost all of it's charm. Atleast Freestyle is still 100 times better than Family Kingdom. HAH!
I'm planning on going next summer, what are the best rides/coasters?

Intimidator 305 Count: 15