Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cedar Point 8-8 & 8-9-2011 TR
08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Cedar Point 8-8 & 8-9-2011 TR
Ok so this will be my first TR so I hope ya'll enjoy it. Let me start by giving the link to where you can see the pics. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=">http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=</a><!-- m --> ... 167&type=1 I set the album public so everyone could see it.

So to start we left at 2am Sunday morning since Ohio is so far away. I'm pretty sure we stopped at every rest area in every state from here to there . Anyways we finally got to Ohio around 2 pm~ish checked into our hotel and headed to CP so my sisters bf could get his platinum pass processed. We decided we would go in and check the park out to get a better idea of where things were because we wanted to run straight to Millennium Force when we got in early the next morning. We ended up riding Raptor which to me is an amazing ride. I love Carowinds, and I love Afterburn, but to me Raptor was so much better. It seemed to last longer and was more intense and I got that awesome feeling coming off the first hill that I don't feel with Afterburn, but that may be that I have ridden it so much that it has lost that feeling. After that we decided we needed to get some dinner and go to bed. We went to the Thirsty Pony which is a restaurant I heard about on Cedar Point's fansite. It was delicious and pretty reasonably priced. After that we passed out lol.

Monday 8-8:
Started the day bright and early and got to the park at 8. I wanted to make sure we got good parking and that we were the first in line to get into the park. Luckily we did because the park got crowded really early as I expected it to. And of coarse we ran straight to MF, and I got to participate in the running which was really fun since at KD and Carowinds you are told not to run. So first ride of the day MF one word AMAZING! It was my first giga coaster and I have to admit I was terrified but I knew I had to do it because when else would I get the chance, and now it is my new favorite coaster of all time. Since we were in front of the crowd we probably waited about half an hour to ride since we didn't run the whole way there lol. I love the cable lift and that great view you get right before it drops you, the airtime was amazing and the I loved that it was actually a long ride. Next we headed towards Maverick which I also loved. We waited about an hour to ride. It is a ride you have to brace yourself for because it does throw you around. That being said it is still a smooth ride. I love the magnetic lift hill and that drop was breathtaking. I had never done a ride with a 90 degree drop much less 97. After that we decided to do Gemini. Once again another ride I loved. It was smooth to me and had great pops of airtime which is my favorite thing on a coaster. However the first time we rode it they didn't have the other side going so it wasn't really a racer. It was almost a walk on. Magnum XL was next and that was about a half hour wait as well. We sat in the next to last seat and I was not expecting such a rough ride. I love airtime but everytime I popped up from airtime it seemed to throw me and I slammed into my restraint which really hurt. I sat with my sisters bf on this one and he complained of the same thing. I did love the view though. After that we headed back towards the front of the park so my sister and her bf could do Windseeker, which I couldn't do because flats make me sick. It then started to rain which of coarse right after I find shelter it stops . Once they got off we headed to Wicked Twister. I love WT it was so much fun. We waited about a half hour for that one. I have to say that ride is alot better towards the back (I didn't ride it in the front so I'm comparing the back from the middle). I love the launch and I love when you go backwards how you feel that extra pull and it's just a great ride lol. We decided to eat after that. We ate at the Diner and it was decently priced for what I am used to paying at parks. Food was pretty good as well nothing special. Since I have to let my food settle for a bit because of my stomach my sister and her bf went to ride Skyhawk. That ride is a great fan for the people baking in the sun watching it lol. So I enjoyed waiting for them to get off the ride. We then got on Thunder Canyon which is a fun little raft ride. There was no line so we did it twice, and we got absolutely soaked. Then we headed to Snake River Falls which is a ride that surprised me. I'm used to the boat rides where you sit in the back and you get that wave hit you and yea you're wet. This ride we got to the bottom and it was the initial wave and it just didn't stop. We were completely drenched. So to dry off we decided to get a night ride on Maverick and after walking through the starlight experience we finished the night off with MF. The starlight experience was beautiful to me. The lights were just completely gorgeous to me. Sorry I didn't get any pics of that, my camera was in a locker. Oh yea and we saw some pretty fireworks while waiting in line for MF.

Tuesday 8-9:
Once again we took advantage of our early entry but didn't participate in the running this morning. We did Iron Dragon first since the line seemed to get really backed up on that pretty quick. We waited about 20 minutes to ride. It was a nice ride and the mist was a great way to cool off. We then warmed up with MF and afterwards headed straight to Top Thrill Dragster. We waited about 45 minutes and were the next to get on the ride when it broke down. Apparently the launch system just died. They had 2 trains out ready to go that they had to bring back into the station. The train that was about to launch had to be emergency exited. They took everyone's name that was on the ride and they left. We decided to stay and wait since we were right there. I know we waited a little over an hour before it was fixed. We were of coarse expecting them to do a test run after they got it up and running but they didn't they just threw us right on which kind of scared me. My biggest fear for TTD was to have a rollback and with the launch breaking right before I was so scared of it not clearing the lift and was hoping for a test run. So as we were waiting to be launched I was praying that it clear the lift hill, then bam we were gone. I didn't even have time to process anything before I was heading towards the ground lol. I completely loved that ride. Since Corkscrew was right there we got on that one. It was jerky at points and seemed to be over really quick, but was still a fun ride. My sister's bf and I did Mantis after that because she doesn't like stand up coasters. It was fun but not anything special, and it didn't beat me around like Vortex and Shockwave do. After that we got a quick bite to eat and decided to ride the train around to let our food settle before jumping on Blue Streak (literally because it was a walk on). Blue Streak was a fun ride but man did it hurt my lap bouncing me everywhere. We hopped back on the train and got off at Mean Streak. We waited about 5 minutes to ride and let me tell you this ride gave me an instant headache. It was so rough my head, neck, and chest hurt when I got off. I'm glad I did it to say I did, but I doubt I will ever get on it again. Next was Disaster Transport which was about a 15 minute wait. I think the que line was nicely themed and the ride was as well. I was hoping that it would be nice and air conditioned inside but it was even hotter in there than it was outside. Especially once you got on the ride. That first lift room was stifling. I do like how it was completely dark which was pretty cool. After that it was some nice rerides until a front started to come in and it started lightening. Then I had to say my sad goodbyes to Cedar Point.

All in all it was an AMAZING trip. Most of the people were friendly, the weather was beautiful, and it wasn't completely crazy crowded. I faced my fears and rode rides I never would've imagined I would. And right now I am sitting in a hotel room in Sharonville OH waiting for tomorrow morning when I start my 2 day adventure at Kings Island, So I will have new pictures and a trip report from there in a few days. Hope you enjoy this for now and it's not too much to read.

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half a**ed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Re: Cedar Point 8-8 & 8-9-2011 TR
Sounds like a whole lot of fun! The crazy ejector air on Magnum is what makes it fun for me, because it hurts so much!

2011 Visits: 8
i305: 35
Volcano: 9
Dominator: 6
Flight of Fear: 3
Rebel Yell: 8
Anaconda: 2
Hurler: 2
Backlot Stunt Coaster: 2
Ricochet: 4
Avalanche: 2
Grizzly: 5
Ghoster Coaster: 4
Shockwave: 0
08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh it was fun, but I wasn't expecting such a rough ride lol. Like Maverick I read what people said about it that being a rough ride so I was prepared, and that one I absolutely loved. I think on our way back to NC we are going to stop at KD for an I305 ride since I have yet to ride it.

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half a**ed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson
08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
nice TR. I hope you finally get to ride I305! Then we can hear you compare MF and I305.
08-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks. Sadly we didn't go through that area to get back to NC, but I am planning on a trip to KD either at the end of this month or when the Halloween stuff starts so I will ride it before the season is out. I can't wait to compare the 2. Also did ya'll have any trouble viewing the pictures? I also added pictures from my Kings Island trip to that link as well, and I will write a report for that as soon as I get well rested lol. Granted it won't be as long as the CP one, but I'm sure ya'll will be happy with that since CP was alot of reading I'm sure. I had someone on CP fansite be mean to me about my report because I didn't paragraph it right. *Sighs* Thanks you guys for being so nice to me and not judgemental about my lack of writing a proper essay up here.

08-17-2011, 07:45 AM
well, I personally don't care about your essay writing skills, english was always my weak subject anyway! Big Grin Too bad you did not make it to KD on the way back! I can not get to your pics, it says that page is unavailable. Of course I don't have a facebook account so that may have something to do with it.
08-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Aww I'm sorry you couldn't see the pics. I was asking others and they weren't having problems so I don't know. I'm going to post the link again in my next report and maybe it will work for you. Yea I'm a good writer, but I am just doing these reports because I love roller coasters and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone else, not to be graded :lol: . I'm sure I will be heading to KD soon though since I have the passes and Halloween time is coming soon.