Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kings Island 8-11, 8-12 TR
08-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Kings Island 8-11, 8-12 TR
So here is a link to the pics again for those that may not have seen them in my last TR <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/med">http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/med</a><!-- m --> ... 1605803167. Hope it works for ya'll. I promise this one will not be as long as my CP TR lol. So here goes.

Thursday, 8-11

Ok so we got to the park about 9ish because I wasn't sure how early we would be able to get into the park. Apparently it's only like 15 minutes early in which I'm not complaining. So we headed straight for diamondback and pretty much walked on. I was quite disappointed in the fact that we were made to wear our shoes. I wear flip flops when I go to parks because they are my most comfortable shoes and I just love them. I was really busy worrying about my flip flops coming off than really enjoying the ride. I like to throw my arms and legs up so I can really come out of my seat since I am a big airtime junkie, however I had to hold my feet against the bottom of the restraint and squeeze my toes together. That being said it was my only real complaint about the ride. I do love Carowinds Intimidator better. I feel I get way more airtime on that one than I did on DB. On DB middle seat was kind of eh so I preferred the front seats or back seats. I still have yet to decide which seat I like better lol. After that we moved on to Beast. It was a nice ride. I really enjoyed going through the woods and my sister and I got a great laugh on how slowly it went up the lift hill. I'm also glad I didn't throw my hands up on that one because the tunnels were very low and scared me lol. It really wasn't too terrible rough to me (we sat in the back). We had to get a ride in on Backlot before the line got to backed up. Of coarse it's the same as KD to me, although I can't quite remember if KD still has its effects on. It's a fun ride but not worth waiting a long time for. Next was Vortex which we only rode 1 time the whole trip. I hated it. It was extremely rough and banged my head around terrible. The only thing I can say I loved about it was the first hill, after that it was terrible. We made our way over to racer next and that ride was very enjoyable to me. Wasn't rough to me and gave nice pops of airtime which I loved. Adventure Express was next and also it was a fun ride. I tend to enjoy mine trains when I just want a nice breezy ride on a hot day lol. I did feel that the last hill up was kind of out of place. By that I mean I feel like it should be sooner in the ride not at the very end. I was expecting a drop or some more twist and turns after that but not to come up on the break run. That's my only criticism of that ride. We then headed over to do their Flight of Fear. Now I'm going to compare it to KD's FOF. KI's FOF is better themed than KD's. KI's still had the TVs going and all the lights and sounds still going whereas KD doesn't. Now as far as the ride KD's is better. I know it's the same layout and all but here is why I say that. While we were riding we came to a spot where we were heading back down a twisted section of track (we were in the very front seat) and it came to a complete stop and then slowly creeped down before finally regaining speed when it was close to the ground part. I was literally laying on my sister it was going so slow. KD's doesn't do that anywhere on the track. We then did Firehawk. I loved the fact that they had the double loading and unloading station and wish that Nighthawk had that because I know the compacity would be so much better. I liked the ride though but I had a moment towards the end of the ride where I started getting quite scared because my ankles started slipping out the restraint and I had to push my self down. I have never experienced that on Nighthawk it definitely scared me. Invertigo was next, and it was also my first boomerang. I know Carowinds has one, but I haven't ridden it because I was scared it would make me sick since I get sick on flats. In my head it makes since lol . I plan to do it next time I go though. Invertigo was a blast and I loved that the seats were facing each other so we could see each others reactions. I prefer going backwards first though it gave a greater sensation the going forwards first. I loved the ride though it was great fun. My only complaint is the wait for a short ride, but it was definitely fun. After that we decided to just take it easy and enjoy some theme park food and relax a bit since CP wore us out lol. We got a few rerides on things but left the park early to get some dinner and catch up on sleep. Oh and I have to throw this in but it took us 2 days to finally ride all the big coasters at CP but it only took us about 2 hours to do all the coasters at KI lol. (We didn't get to Flight Deck on the first day)

Friday 8-12

This day is alot shorter to write about. We did alot of rerides so I am just going to write about what we didn't do the first day. Flight Deck was one that we finally got to this day and it was a nice ride. I really enjoyed it and I did like it better than Iron Dragon at CP. This ride also gave us a giggle on the lift hill because it just stopped right before reaching the top. I finally got a chance to try the Skyflyer which they had a special for $10 instead of $20. I have to say one of my favorite things to do now. I was the one that got to pull the cord and once I did it was completely amazing. The feeling it gives you as you're free falling towards the ground is awesome. Well worth the $10 to me. We decided to do Congo Falls which was a great boat ride. It's the first one I have been on that had a drop like that one. I liked that drop alot better than the drops that just go straight down, and the geysors at the end were a nice surprise. We also did their White Water Canyon and it was also a great ride to me. The people shooting the geysors have great timing lol and they definitely got me soaked. I wish our rapids had the rotating loading platform. It seems to flow the people on better and it puts out more people. We decided to grab lunch at the stunt something grill (I'm bad with names, it was by Invertigo) and it was delicious but of coarse high priced. We watched Snoopy Rocks on Ice and it was a cute show. I had a couple of laughs from it, but then again I remember the specials where they got alot of their references from so it was a nice blast from the past for me. We rode on the train and it was nice, but of coarse doesn't compare to CP's train ride. As you can tell I haven't written about any flats and that's because I can't do them. So for the rest of the day we enjoyed frozen lemonade and some rerides. Oh and fried cookie dough AMAZING! . Night ride on DB was great and got a funny picture which I will upload later because we got the flash drive that they offer. I wish the other parks had the flash drive like KI had. I wasn't able to buy any of the ride photos at CP because we had to have the lockers and it was pointless to keep paying for a locker to do rerides. The fireworks at KI was way better than CP's because it was actually a continuous show whereas CP's were really choppy and had long pauses between them. The starlight thing was very pretty from what I could see. We didn't get a chance to go through since we spent our time waiting in line for a night ride on DB.

All in all I had a great time on my trip. I have been waiting for 8 years for this trip to happen and I built it up in my head for so long, and I have to say I definitely wasn't disappointed. We had nice weather the whole time, and the rides were great. I would love to make this a once a year trip now lol. Hope ya'll enjoyed my trip reports .

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half a**ed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Re: Kings Island 8-11, 8-12 TR
good to hear you enjoyed KI. last year during my trip to Ohio I did KI first, then CP. While KI is a decent park, I doubt I will go there again. I do plan on returning to CP just not sure when because next year is a Universal Florida/Disney trip. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Your welcome. Yea someone told me I should've did KI first then CP so I wasn't so disappointed with the rides lol :lol: . I had to go to KI though just to say I had been and for the experience of it. I would love to eventually make it to all the parks in the US, that's my dream. Have fun at Universal and Disney I am jealous lol. My husband and I are planning to head down to Florida and get the flex ticket they have once he gets back to the States. I am crazy addicted to roller coasters and I even have a new tattoo I want now thanks to CP lol.

Here's a different link since I know you said you couldn't see the pics hopefully this will work for you.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1990153365915.2096885.1605803167&l=16ff295505&type=1">http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 505&type=1</a><!-- m -->

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half a**ed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson
08-18-2011, 08:27 PM
^ What is the tattoo?

I Have No Homeboy.
08-18-2011, 08:30 PM
If you go to that link I took a picture of the CP skyline in the sunset that is so gorgeous to me. Well one of my favorite songs is rooftops where one of the lines is "scream your heart out". I have wanted that quote tattooed across my chest for a while and while I was at CP it dawned on me that I wanted to incorporate my love of coasters with that quote for a chest piece and thats where the sunset pic comes in. I would love to have that portrait with the quote as a chest piece. However the picture wasn't wide enough to have MF in it so I would like to improvise with the pics I got of the skyline during the day with MF so I can have that into the portrait as well.

08-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Awesome!!! Love your pics too!

I Have No Homeboy.
08-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks and I'm glad you liked them. I took them all with my blackberry so they aren't high quality camera shots lol :lol: , but they do the job of remembering great times.

08-19-2011, 08:32 AM
the new link worked, love the pics!
08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Awesome! So glad it worked for you. And thanks Big Grin .