Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's official B&M'S FIRST GIGA COASTER.
08-18-2011, 06:16 AM
It's official B&M'S FIRST GIGA COASTER.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/public/downloads/videos.cfm">http://www.leviathan.canadaswonderland. ... videos.cfm</a><!-- m -->
LEVIATHAN ~ new for 2012 at Canada's Wonderland. This will be the 1st ever B&M giga coaster and stand 306 feet in the air. The 1st drop will be 80 degrees and the coaster will reach a speed of 92 mph!

Attached File(s)
.jpg  287556_10150261489990868_652630867_7966791_698457_o.jpg (Size: 90.35 KB / Downloads: 427)

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Re: It's official B&M'S FIRST GIGA COASTER.
As I posted in the Wonderland thread on here:

To me the ride looks absolutely fantastic! I would love this closer to home, especially in the back woods of Old Virginia at KD, haha! But seriously, this looks better than any snooze-fest of a hyper B&M has ever built... These turns taken with all that speed are going to be absolutely incredible, mixed in with some airtime! Atleast the thing will have a variety of elements (unlike hypers) and most of those elements will be taken at a good amount of speed. My prediction is it will be better than Millenium Force but not Intimidator 305 in my books, but I guess I can't say that until after I ride it next year (guess I have to finally get a passport). I say this because I think those turns are going to be pretty forceful and intense, which I can't wait for! This ride finally shows B&M still has some nerves, which excites me to see what they have come up with for Dollywood now!

Favorite part of the ride: CF not making it go higher than 310' feet. MF still is the king in their eyes! :lol:
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I wonder how long it will be before B&M starts using trim-brakes. :lol: Someday I really hope to ride L-306.

08-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Mr. Me Wrote:I wonder how long it will be before B&M starts using trim-brakes. :lol: Someday I really hope to ride L-306.

They actually already are planning on it. :wink: Hopefully none show up on the drop though, haha! Check out 0:35 and 0:55 in the POV video and they have the trims on it. When you have those type of trims you want to be riding with a light weight train so they don't hit hard! At Carowinds those suckers really make or break the ride!

And yes, I really want to ride this someday too as it looks SO much better than your standard hyper with those speed turns! I'm already planning on hitting up Dollywood and Hersheypark next year, but heck maybe I can push Hershey back a year to go up to Canada!
08-18-2011, 11:23 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:
Mr. Me Wrote:I wonder how long it will be before B&M starts using trim-brakes. :lol: Someday I really hope to ride L-306.

They actually already are planning on it. :wink: Hopefully none show up on the drop though, haha! Check out 0:35 and 0:55 in the POV video and they have the trims on it. When you have those type of trims you want to be riding with a light weight train so they don't hit hard! At Carowinds those suckers really make or break the ride!

And yes, I really want to ride this someday too as it looks SO much better than your standard hyper with those speed turns! I'm already planning on hitting up Dollywood and Hersheypark next year, but heck maybe I can push Hershey back a year to go up to Canada!
Yeah I did see those trims just a few moments ago. REMOVE THE TRIMS FROM L-306!!! :lol:

08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Start the petitions, Facebook groups, and complaining! :mrgreen:
08-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Done! Big Grin
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition-t...89?sk=wall

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Josh Wrote:Done! Big Grin
You have got to be kidding me. :lol:

08-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Mr. Me Wrote:
Josh Wrote:Done! Big Grin
You have got to be kidding me. :lol:
I know he was kidding, but I figured just to do it anyway! :lol:

08-19-2011, 03:33 AM
This looks like a Intimidator carowinds clone.. Which I foud to be kind of boring... Yeah it has height , and has some speed, But it has an L shaped layout for one which slows it down off the bat.. If your gonna build something of this size it really should transition from the bottom of the first drop right back into another airtime hill.... Another major disappointment is the fact it has no helixes... In the end it will be like any B&M I have ridden.. Smooth and powerless. The only 2 exceptions may be Nitro and Dominator....

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
08-28-2011, 01:20 PM
This looks SO much better than i305! I know many of you arent gonna agree because were probably a tad biased, but I wish they waited two years and gave us this instead!! Smile

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
08-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Christian Wrote:This looks SO much better than i305! I know many of you arent gonna agree because were probably a tad biased, but I wish they waited two years and gave us this instead!! Smile
The drop on I-305 is probably better. I-305 is very intense and this ride doesn't look intense, it just looks fun. So I don't know which one looks better.

08-28-2011, 04:14 PM
^^ Not me. Although this does look much better than a boring hyper, it still doesn't look as good as 305. It will probably be in my top 5, but I doubt it will beat 305. I can't wait to try it out though...
08-28-2011, 08:44 PM
The ride is really going to be how forceful B&M makes it, and also how many trims they use. It's going to be a ride you have to ride to decide about.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
08-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Christian Wrote:This looks SO much better than i305! I know many of you arent gonna agree because were probably a tad biased, but I wish they waited two years and gave us this instead!! Smile

I am deff not biased... I305 Just makes my top 5...... I have ridden many B&M's and they never let them out full throttle. They tend to want to control things as much as possible... I am sure it will be a great ride. Kinda silly to put it next to Behemoth, an identical ride....

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.