Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official El Dorado Topic: Ride for Sale
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Re: EL DORADO FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!
^ It is a carnival ride. All they had to do is put concrete down, repaint it, and build entrance/exit ramps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2011, 05:08 PM
I see KD has removed all the info about it being for sale from their FB page. :lol:

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Mr. Me Wrote:I see KD has removed all the info about it being for sale from their FB page. :lol:

Yep, LOL! :lol:

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
08-29-2011, 10:44 PM
I think DaVinci's Crade is much more fun. But then again, nothing could be fun in that dead part of the park. I think everything between Grizzly and the Rebel Yell needs to be scrapped.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
08-29-2011, 11:22 PM
cc99999 Wrote:I think DaVinci's Crade is much more fun. But then again, nothing could be fun in that dead part of the park. I think everything between Grizzly and the Rebel Yell needs to be scrapped.

Umm Ricochet gets a fairly decent line but hurler needs to go(too bad Irene didn't put it out of it's misery for us) & then they can use that space for something worth riding & then we'd see an increase in guest traffic over there.
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Even though it's not that great of a ride, I don't think they should get rid of it. Just move it.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
08-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Re: Official El Dorado Topic: Ride for Sale
^ I have to agree with Josh. I think a move would be better. Maybe since I'm there a lot with kids but the more 48" rides the better. Especially ones for kids who are between the carousel and the "scary" rides.

I Have No Homeboy.
08-31-2011, 08:08 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:^ I have to agree with Josh. I think a move would be better. Maybe since I'm there a lot with kids but the more 48" rides the better. Especially ones for kids who are between the carousel and the "scary" rides.
Is there any land possible to put it by Intimidator but it won't be so close by it!! It would fit with the whole racing theme!!

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
smooth3242 Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:^ I have to agree with Josh. I think a move would be better. Maybe since I'm there a lot with kids but the more 48" rides the better. Especially ones for kids who are between the carousel and the "scary" rides.
Is there any land possible to put it by Intimidator but it won't be so close by it!! It would fit with the whole racing theme!!
Kind-of but that would make it a car section, if FOF wasn't there.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
08-31-2011, 09:32 PM
They could easily just move it across the midway and put it in between the Rebel Yell queue and Rock Shop in the grassy area... I personally think they are just getting rid of it because the ride is a 20 year old carnival ride that has really low ridership.
09-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I asked a lady at Guest Services yesterday if El Dorado was for sale and she said yes!

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
09-02-2011, 03:23 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:I personally think they are just getting rid of it because the ride is a 20 year old carnival ride that has really low ridership.
BINGO!!!

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
09-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I wish they would just move it - I like El Dorado and a lot of the younger crowd really enjoys the ride.
09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
I have to say I really do like El Dorado as well and don't want to see it leave the park!! Like Nikki said its a good ride for kids to ride that are too old for the Carousel but just not ready for Intimidator or Dominator.

I feel like the Flat Rides at Kings Dominion are becoming smaller in the count and we could use more of the family freindly rides.

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I say get rid of the thing. I understand its an important ride for the "little ones". But come on... its El Dorado. We knew it wouldn't last long back in 2009 when it first showed up...

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...