Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official El Dorado Topic: Ride for Sale
09-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Re: Official El Dorado Topic: Ride for Sale
I'd rather ride El Dorado than Americana.

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2011, 06:23 AM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I'd rather ride El Dorado than Americana.
+1

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
09-29-2011, 06:32 AM
El Dorado's queue, landscaping, ride pad, lack of paint on the rails, ect. should have hinted that they weren't going to keep it for more than a few seasons. The ride, although it fit the theme for the area, just didn't fill the empty hole that XLC left. Hopefully, with WindSeeker, its queue, some nice new planters, and the wonderful light show at night the area will really bring that area back to life. If we get the cool WindSeeker sign like the ones at KI and CP it will really match the Juke Box Diner and Rock Shop signs well. I also find it cool that WindSeeker kind of has the same color scheme as Shockwave's new color scheme!
10-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Josh Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I'd rather ride El Dorado than Americana.
+1

+2
10-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Well its official guys El Dorado is now closed and will not be apart of the kings dominion skyline.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PrmwmkQVgs&feature=share[/youtube]

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
El Dorado destruction has started.

RIP El Dorado. Sad

Hello, WindSeeker! Smile

10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
^ +1... I'm glad I rode El Dorado when I was at KD less than 2 weeks ago!

Is it officially leaving the park for good or being relocated to another site within the park?

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Well to be honest, either or could happen... Look at what happend up at Cedar Point, they had Ocean Motion (their pirate ship) for sale because that is where they were putting their WindSeeker and it ended up not selling so they relocated it to a different part of the park this year. Do I think it will happen to El Dorado? No, it is a 20 year old traveling carnival ride that seemed like a temporary fill for the giant hole in the midway since XLC was removed. Could it happen? Maybe.
10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Well it's all gone now. :lol:
[Image: vspdew.jpg]

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Mr. Me Wrote:Well it's all gone now. :lol:
[Image: vspdew.jpg]
This is funny because I took the same picture about the same time as this post! :lol:

10-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I am still questioning on whether or not this ride is actually leaving or not. I mean to me the ride was actually a nice time killer when you just needed to do something. the ride has not been sold and is still on the park website. I am pretty sure its just going to get relocated to another part of the park. to me what they could do Is change the car outside and make it a race car and put it somewhere by I305. Oviously they would make no money just letting it sit in the lot waiting to be sold when it didn't even brake down a lot. Just a thought though.

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
10-23-2011, 09:31 PM
I will update this with a picture but el dorado area is completely flattened perfectly. ready for some dirt to get dug for the main foundation. I also saw Clint Novak tonight it was pretty awesome though trip report in the next couple days.

11-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Coaster Lover Wrote:I am still questioning on whether or not this ride is actually leaving or not. I mean to me the ride was actually a nice time killer when you just needed to do something. the ride has not been sold and is still on the park website. I am pretty sure its just going to get relocated to another part of the park. to me what they could do Is change the car outside and make it a race car and put it somewhere by I305. Oviously they would make no money just letting it sit in the lot waiting to be sold when it didn't even brake down a lot. Just a thought though.
I agree with your thinking. But, where would you put it in that area near I305? I can't think of an area to put it in
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Frontseatbill Wrote:
Coaster Lover Wrote:I am still questioning on whether or not this ride is actually leaving or not. I mean to me the ride was actually a nice time killer when you just needed to do something. the ride has not been sold and is still on the park website. I am pretty sure its just going to get relocated to another part of the park. to me what they could do Is change the car outside and make it a race car and put it somewhere by I305. Oviously they would make no money just letting it sit in the lot waiting to be sold when it didn't even brake down a lot. Just a thought though.
I agree with your thinking. But, where would you put it in that area near I305? I can't think of an area to put it in

I dont' think they are going to keep El Dorado, from what I hear that ride broke down alot.

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
11-15-2011, 04:32 PM
^It rarely ever broke down.

2011 Visits: 8
i305: 35
Volcano: 9
Dominator: 6
Flight of Fear: 3
Rebel Yell: 8