Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official WindSeeker Topic
08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Official WindSeeker Topic
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kingsdominion.com/rides-attractions/ride-detail.cfm/ride_alias/WindSeeker/ride_category/Thrill-Rides">http://www.kingsdominion.com/rides-attr ... rill-Rides</a><!-- m -->

WindSeeker is a 301-foot-tall tower that spins riders nearly 30 stories above the Central Virginia Countryside. Seated in two-person swings that will allow their feet to dangle, riders slowly begin rotating in a circular motion as the swings ascend the tower. At the top, the swings reach speeds between 25-30 mph, flaring out almost 45 degrees from the tower.

WindSeeker will be joining Kings Dominion’s “300-Foot Club,” Intimidator 305, Drop Tower and the Eiffel Tower. These iconic and elite attractions help Kings Dominion stand tall above the rest as the Premier Amusement Park in the Mid-Atlantic.

Year Opened

Grove Section of the Park near Juke Box Diner

Ride Stats
Height – 301 feet
Diameter – 81 feet
Diameter with swing arms extended – 110 feet
Swing Arm Angle – 45 degrees

Seating
Number of seats – 32 two-person swings; 64 total riders
Restraint System – Individual over-the-head lap bar with interlocking seat belt
Capacity – 960 riders per hour

Speed
Rotation Speed – 25-30 mph (8 rotations per minute)
Ride Time – approximately 3 minutes

Cost
$6.5 million

Special Features
Arms are installed with an elaborate LED lighting package, which will make for a dramatic and exciting ride for riders and spectators.

On-board Audio playing 18 different music tracks during the ride

Manufacturer
Mondial, a Dutch-based ride manufacturer

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Re: KD 2012 WINDSEEKER?!?!?!
I KNEW IT! :mrgreen:

Quote:Location
08-31-2011, 09:19 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:I KNEW IT! :mrgreen:

Quote:Location
Well the picture I can see Hurler and Grizzly and there far away! :lol:

08-31-2011, 09:22 PM
^ They just used pictures from the Eiffel Tower for the two photos with the animation on it. Don't look into it too much, haha.
08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ They just used pictures from the Eiffel Tower for the two photos with the animation on it. Don't look into it too much, haha.
Oh! Well, they haven't said anything about it yet.

08-31-2011, 09:26 PM
They probably won't until tomorrow or Friday...

They picked a good time to release it though because 2012 season passes go on sale Saturday and the park is going to be packed this weekend, so they can advertise the new ride to all the guests to encourage them to get a 2012 season pass so they can come out and try it next season.
08-31-2011, 09:29 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:They probably won't until tomorrow...
Do you still think we're getting Dinosaurs Alive?

08-31-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure, I still think it is certainly a possibility. Hopefully not though...

I'm so excited for Windseeker! :mrgreen:
08-31-2011, 09:35 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:I'm not sure, I still think it is certainly a possibility. Hopefully not though...

I'm so excited for Windseeker! :mrgreen:
Me too! I can't wait for WindSeeker!!! :mrgreen:

08-31-2011, 09:59 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:They probably won't until tomorrow or Friday...

They picked a good time to release it though because 2012 season passes go on sale Saturday and the park is going to be packed this weekend, so they can advertise the new ride to all the guests to encourage them to get a 2012 season pass so they can come out and try it next season.

Well it's not an official relase but it's a legit one....I'm sure we'll have a press release & animations within the next day or two,my guess is someone decoded the official page to get the info as when I first heard about it KD pulled itfrom their FB almost immediately.

Does make sense what with el dorado going bye bye(not gonna miss it one bit) & the area really needed a big attention grabbing attraction like this to draw people to that side of the park once again....the lighting package on this is gonna go great with the lighting on JBD come night fall.

One more thing:I don't think they're gonna put it on the exact footprint of ED but rather a little more closer to the main path as the area where ED stands could be used for the queue switchbacks...that is unless the queue will just wrap around the tower like on DT or wave swinger.
08-31-2011, 11:18 PM
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:One more thing:I don't think they're gonna put it on the exact footprint of ED but rather a little more closer to the main path as the area where ED stands could be used for the queue switchbacks...that is unless the queue will just wrap around the tower like on DT or wave swinger.

I also think that it won't be tucked back into the corner where El Dorado is. I feel like it will be further out in the midway as you said. The plot where El Dorado is could be used for queue. I do however think that it will be a wrap-around queue like Drop Tower because all the other Windseekers have that type of queue. I hope ours gets a really cool light up sign like CP and KI's.
09-01-2011, 06:17 AM
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:Well it's not an official relase but it's a legit one....I'm sure we'll have a press release & animations within the next day or two,my guess is someone decoded the official page to get the info as when I first heard about it KD pulled itfrom their FB almost immediately.
They did. :lol:

09-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Awesome! Im so excited but now comes the worst part...waiting.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
09-01-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to WindSeeker! I think this will be a great addition to KD! But, as Christian said, the bad part of waiting has begun! Sad

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
09-01-2011, 01:37 PM
coasterdoood16 Wrote:I'm really looking forward to WindSeeker! I think this will be a great addition to KD! But, as Christian said, the bad part of waiting has begun! Sad

I think they're working on the 2012 map first before they announce since the find a ride feature for windseeker isn't working yet.