Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official WindSeeker Topic
03-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Re: Official WindSeeker Topic
ssAtaFaistnilC Wrote:I'm not really a big park fan, but I saw this pov of the ride and thought I'd post it!
(Removed Illegal POV)
Don't know if someone has already posted it, but there you go!

That was Flying Ace, not WindSeeker!

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
ssAtaFaistnilC Wrote:I'm not really a big park fan, but I saw this pov of the ride and thought I'd post it!
(Removed Illegal POV)
Don't know if someone has already posted it, but there you go!
That's Planet Snoopy Red Baron (Nick Space Surfer) smaller version of windseeker for kids...

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
WindSeeker POV:
(Removed Illegal POV)

Anyone know who posted it?

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
03-25-2012, 07:59 PM
The views are so incredible. It will be nice seeing the park at nearly 300' in the air from this angle.

If you pause it at the right times, you can see the path route that Dinosaurs Alive has. It looks like besides the DinoStore, Rock Shop might have gotten some paint (which makes sense due to it is right next to WindSeeker).
03-26-2012, 09:03 PM
The POV is AMAZING! Big Grin

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
03-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Please remember that KDFansite rules prohibit the posting of POV videos that were not authorized by Kings Dominion.

I Have No Homeboy.
03-27-2012, 02:59 PM
^ Well to be fair, who technically is "Kings Dominion" because obviously the person was working for the park considering they were on the ride during the offseason before it opened to the public. It's not like anyone's safety was in trouble either since there was nobody on the midways. The person operating the ride had to have seen this person shooting the POV and was okay with them doing so considering the seat was right near the control booth.

In other news though, the newest update on the Coaster Crew Facebook page has some great pictures if you all haven't seen them yet. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.2933056490748.2118606.1391101425&type=1">http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 425&type=1</a><!-- m -->
Few key things I liked and noticed:
-There is NO more legendary "asphalt jungle"! RIP 2008-2011 There is a new brick circle around the base of Windseeker.
-We were lucky enough to recieve a cool LED WindSeeker sign.
-Big new planter in the Drop Tower plaza.
-There will be dinosaurs in the entrance plaza outside the park and on International Street to advertise Dinosaurs Alive.
-It looks very hard to put the stickers on KD trashcans apparently.
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ Well to be fair, who technically is "Kings Dominion" because obviously the person was working for the park considering they were on the ride during the offseason before it opened to the public. It's not like anyone's safety was in trouble either since there was nobody on the midways. The person operating the ride had to have seen this person shooting the POV and was okay with them doing so considering the seat was right near the control booth.
"Kings Dominion" is considered anybody that has authorization to film and release a POV video - mainly the PR department. I have no idea who took that video - but I doubt it was anybody authorized to film and release a POV. If you can provide written documentation that the video was filmed and released with permission from Kings Dominion's PR department I will gladly allow it to be posted to this website. In the future I would suggest that just to be safe - if anybody is interested in posting a POV video - make sure it is posted on Kings Dominion's official you tube channel or official facebook page.

I Have No Homeboy.
03-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Somebody posted a POV. Not sure if its illegal. (Removed Illegal POV)

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
03-27-2012, 05:08 PM
^ That's the POV that started this conversation. I suggest you remove it before you get banned for a week and get a warning.....
03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
I wanna know if Fangs is coming back :lol:

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]
03-27-2012, 05:42 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ That's the POV that started this conversation. I suggest you remove it before you get banned for a week and get a warning.....

Just to clear this up, you only get banned for doing something multiple times after being warned... If you have only done it once you get a warning...

Team Classy #1!
03-28-2012, 12:50 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
alex4hokies Wrote:^ Well to be fair, who technically is "Kings Dominion" because obviously the person was working for the park considering they were on the ride during the offseason before it opened to the public. It's not like anyone's safety was in trouble either since there was nobody on the midways. The person operating the ride had to have seen this person shooting the POV and was okay with them doing so considering the seat was right near the control booth.
"Kings Dominion" is considered anybody that has authorization to film and release a POV video - mainly the PR department. I have no idea who took that video - but I doubt it was anybody authorized to film and release a POV. If you can provide written documentation that the video was filmed and released with permission from Kings Dominion's PR department I will gladly allow it to be posted to this website. In the future I would suggest that just to be safe - if anybody is interested in posting a POV video - make sure it is posted on Kings Dominion's official you tube channel or official facebook page.

I'm sure the park permitted the employee to film the ride & he orshe wasn't even onboard,just the camera strapped to the seat.It could've been made for testing purposes like to see how much sway the seats have during operation?
03-28-2012, 01:16 PM
coasterdoood16 Wrote:
ssAtaFaistnilC Wrote:That was Flying Ace, not WindSeeker!

I like Flying Ace, I cant wait to ride a super-sized version of it.
03-28-2012, 02:44 PM
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:

I'm sure the park permitted the employee to film the ride & he orshe wasn't even onboard,just the camera strapped to the seat.It could've been made for testing purposes like to see how much sway the seats have during operation?

The video was not filmed with permission from Kings Dominion.

Team Classy #1!