Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official WindSeeker Topic
03-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Re: Official WindSeeker Topic
I guess we are assuming that this ride is opening on friday, But does anyone know if they are having a opening ceremony for it with first rider prizes. Didn't they do something like this for I305.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2012, 06:51 PM
RebelYell085 Wrote:I guess we are assuming that this ride is opening on friday, But does anyone know if they are having a opening ceremony for it with first rider prizes. Didn't they do something like this for I305.

That I don't know....I think they might be doing media day festivities the day before opening day at the park but we'll see.
04-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Considering we started testing before Carowinds and they already got there ride open, I am going to take a wild guess our Windseeker will Open opening day, along with a media day the day before opening.

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
04-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Check us out on WindSeeker!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwn4Hy30P8&feature=g-u-u&context=G2db6bf5FUAAAAAAABAA[/youtube]

Check out KDfansite's page for coverage of WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive! media day. https://www.facebook.com/pages/KDfansite/228082587271

Check out our pictures from the event! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...ddb1431dc2

Video will be coming soon!

Team Classy #1!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Someone should get some offride footage of the ride. not from just below but from all around the park. youtube needs it.

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
04-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Windseeker was amazing! The music was incredible! The light package was spectacular! The best time to go is sunset. You can see mountain shadows far out there! Fantastic addition to the park!

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
04-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I personally LOVE Windseeker. When it was announced (even though we kind of knew it was coming). I thought "big deal". As the construction got to be more and more I started to get a little excited about it. Its gentle, smooth and calming. The only thrill aspect is its pure height, but its got plenty of that. The light package is amazing and the soundtrack is good. I was impressed from my first ride on Thursday. I have gotten 35 rides on it over the last four days, so yeah, I guess I like it!
Danny

CoAsTeRDaN
# 37
04-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I absolutely LOVE Windseeker! You can see a great view of the park midway, as well as I-95 and the surrounding areas. The soundtrack on it is also suits the ride fantastically: E.T. theme, Harry Potter, Ride of the Valkyries, and Star Trek(my personal favorite). And the light package? STUNNING! The ride itself is a breathtaking experience, soaring at incredible heights! For all that, it's my new favorite flat. Big Grin

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
04-08-2012, 11:54 PM
KDCoasterChick Wrote:I absolutely LOVE Windseeker! You can see a great view of the park midway, as well as I-95 and the surrounding areas. The soundtrack on it is also suits the ride fantastically: E.T. theme, Harry Potter, Ride of the Valkyries, and Star Trek(my personal favorite). And the light package? STUNNING! The ride itself is a breathtaking experience, soaring at incredible heights! For all that, it's my new favorite flat. Big Grin

What? only 3 different audio tracks on KD's version? We ended up listening to the harry potter theme the whole time but still a great ride,I'm just anxiously awaiting a night ride so I can get a good view of the lighting package.I got a shot or two of the ride at night but not from close up as I didn't want to have to walk all the way up there from FOF....photo's are now up on my facebook with a few more to come later.
04-09-2012, 09:53 AM
WindSeeker has 18 audio tracks... not 3

Team Classy #1!
04-09-2012, 01:43 PM
It's a cool ride. I like the view of the wooden coasters.

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
04-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I was able to get on it 5 times this year, both day and night and loved it. It is a great addition. I was on the last ride on Sunday and it is really cool at night, all dark except for the lights of the park. It is better than I thought it would be, the music helps too.
05-09-2012, 12:51 AM
This past Sunday was my first trip to the park this year just to ride WindSeeker at least once which I did. But I could've rode this amazing ride many times over, since the park wasn't that busy. The only thing that I notice, is the lighting package wasn't turned on for the arms, but the lights under the seats were on when it got dark But, I wasn't to worry about the lighting on being all the way on, since I already seen it at Cedar Point last year.
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Frontseatbill Wrote:This past Sunday was my first trip to the park this year just to ride WindSeeker at least once which I did. But I could've rode this amazing ride many times over, since the park wasn't that busy. The only thing that I notice, is the lighting package wasn't turned on for the arms, but the lights under the seats were on when it got dark But, I wasn't to worry about the lighting on being all the way on, since I already seen it at Cedar Point last year.

The lights were working on saturday night.
05-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Windseeker.
:lol: I think that Windseeker is an awesome ride. I sure enjoy seeing the layouts of the Grizzle and Rebel Yell and also a birdeye view of the park. Have anyone rode windseeker at KD?

Coasterguy