Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official WindSeeker Topic
05-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Re: Official WindSeeker Topic
I personally love WindSeeker. I found it to be very thrilling and much better than I expected!

My only complaint about the whole ride attraction/area is that some of the loose articles bins are right up against the queue line and midway, so people could easily reach over the rail and grab something. I put my loose articles in the bin against the grass (the closest bin to Toxic Plague), just in case...

Over at Drop Tower the loose articles containers are the little cubes facing the ride to not make it so appealing or available to those waiting in line.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
For a 13 year old who is scared of heights (doesn't keep me from riding), is WindSeeker thrilling?
08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
^ I'd say so. I found the ride to be more thrilling than I thought it would be... especially on a windy day!
08-01-2012, 12:41 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ I'd say so. I found the ride to be more thrilling than I thought it would be... especially on a windy day!

Yeah like when I rode back on the 21st...it sure was gusty & a bit chilly up there.
08-01-2012, 06:27 AM
TrevorBondi305 Wrote:For a 13 year old who is scared of heights (doesn't keep me from riding), is WindSeeker thrilling?
I'm 13 and I find WindSeeker very thrilling!

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
08-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Also, on another note- I did see Windseeker stuck probably almost at the top Sunday I saw it waiting in line for Dodgem, it was up there for only about 5 mins when I was in line and it took it about 10 to get down. I have no clue how long it was up there before I saw it though! From what I hear, it got stuck the previous day (Saturday) also!

08-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Okay cool, can't wait to ride it. Thanks guys!
08-01-2012, 04:07 PM
coasterdoood16 Wrote:Also, on another note- I did see Windseeker stuck probably almost at the top Sunday I saw it waiting in line for Dodgem, it was up there for only about 5 mins when I was in line and it took it about 10 to get down. I have no clue how long it was up there before I saw it though! From what I hear, it got stuck the previous day (Saturday) also!

Was anyone on it?
08-01-2012, 04:09 PM
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:
coasterdoood16 Wrote:Also, on another note- I did see Windseeker stuck probably almost at the top Sunday I saw it waiting in line for Dodgem, it was up there for only about 5 mins when I was in line and it took it about 10 to get down. I have no clue how long it was up there before I saw it though! From what I hear, it got stuck the previous day (Saturday) also!

Was anyone on it?
It was almost full!

09-05-2012, 11:44 PM
It's a fun ride, I'm not a fan of heights, but I liked the feeling of the wind blowing around me while being spun around the tower. It's a neat way of viewing the park aside from the Eiffel Tower and the Americana. I also love the music blaring. My personal favs were the Ride of the Valkyries and the Star Trek themes. I haven't had the chance to ride it in the darkness, but I would recommend at least 1 ride especially if the line is short. A few times there have been times I had to wait at least 3-4 rotations before I could get on. Another time the ride was nearly empty, but the ride op closed the line before I could get on.

As far as loose items, since the ride stops at the exact spot it lifts off, you could technically leave your stuff on the floor. I've seen some people leave their purses on the floor rather than to place them in the bins. I don't blame people for not wanting to store their things in the bins as a person could easily steal something from there. Although the park does have a few security guards roaming the park, so it's not like there's a high threat of theft. So it's up to the person what they want to do with their things.
11-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I hope everything with the WindSeekers turns out okay. I really enjoyed this ride and it is the perfect ride for a park like Kings Dominion, that provides a moderate thrill and a relaxing ride at the same time.

Planet Snoopy! 2013
01-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Windseeker... Is it gonna open for 2013?
What are your thoughts. Do you think it will open or stay closed? I say OPEN IT!

Drop Tower is my favorite flat ride!
Intimidator 305 is my favorite roller coaster!
These are my Kings Dominion favorites!

Coaster Count: 87
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Obviously it isn't going to stay closed forever... The Knott's one is rumored to be opening up very soon so that means they've found a solution.
02-02-2013, 08:44 AM
coasterdoood16 Wrote:
TrevorBondi305 Wrote:For a 13 year old who is scared of heights (doesn't keep me from riding), is WindSeeker thrilling?
Im a 12 year old coaster/amusement park enthusiest! I never back down from any ride. I never get scared.

Drop Tower is my favorite flat ride!
Intimidator 305 is my favorite roller coaster!
These are my Kings Dominion favorites!

Coaster Count: 87
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2013, 09:09 PM
FansOfKingsDominion Wrote:
coasterdoood16 Wrote:
Im a 12 year old coaster/amusement park enthusiest! I never back down from any ride. I never get scared.

Acrophobia has no true correlation to age.

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1